Sign in to follow this  
Royals

Storage for Upgrade Cards

I just rubber band mine together and put them in the cardboard box I won at a tournament.  Before that, I just put them in the plano containers.  I have to admit that I'm not really wanting to get a whole binder to carry around just for cards.  That seems more of a hassle than a benefit to me (in my humble opinion). 

I have a little binder that slips perfectly into the pocket of my Battlefoam Sword Bag.  For someone who like to keep their nerd stuff organized and protected, this works great.  Rubber bands make me cringe.

Does this little binder fit the upgrade cards?  Linky, please??

Does it hold sleeved cards?

It actually hold the sleeved cards a little better.  Like most card holders, you have to be careful not to turn it upside down.  Even then, it will hold them in most of them time.

I use one of these for my upgrade cards:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094J1PJ8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687682&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004FVJDV2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JY9NSJZ96JXYA2BM457

They fit side by side in stacks of two per pocket very nicely.  And since they're side loading they stay in the pockets pretty nicely.  There are also larger nine pocket versions.  All my cards fit very nicely with some room to spare in one binder, and I have a large collection.  I plan on getting a second one for my pilot cards.  I also have one of the big ones but the smaller ones fit more easily in case.

Also, yes, I store my cards with sleeves on. 

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Pocket-Stickers-Pages/dp/B000ETN7N4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1413089446&sr=1-1&keywords=Ultra+Pro+12+Pocket+for+Stickers

The picture is wrong and the pockets fit 2.25x2.5 inches. Perfect for sleeved upgrade cards. I arrived at this solution after using gamers den deck boxes (which worked nicely and are still perfect for epic damage decks) but wanting an easier way to peruse my cards.

If anyone wants pics or anything I can accommodate.

The business card pages are o.k.. I've been using them for about 5 months now. But I'm not happy with them. They hold the card loosely in place and the pages flop over in the center all the time. Very annoying. But it's better than my previous system of keeping them in a small box. I've been playing this game since it first came out and threads like these pop up every so often. FFG NEEDS to produce their own "mini card sleeved" binder pages. If they already make sleeves how much harder can it be to make pages. Or they need to contract Ultra Pro to do this. Either way the we the players want something to keep our cards organized and prize boxes just are not doing the job. Either that or reprint all the cards the same size as the pilot cards and do a redemption program where we the players send in our cards and FFG replaces them with normal size cards.

The business card pages are o.k.. I've been using them for about 5 months now. But I'm not happy with them. They hold the card loosely in place and the pages flop over in the center all the time. Very annoying. But it's better than my previous system of keeping them in a small box. I've been playing this game since it first came out and threads like these pop up every so often. FFG NEEDS to produce their own "mini card sleeved" binder pages. If they already make sleeves how much harder can it be to make pages. Or they need to contract Ultra Pro to do this. Either way the we the players want something to keep our cards organized and prize boxes just are not doing the job. Either that or reprint all the cards the same size as the pilot cards and do a redemption program where we the players send in our cards and FFG replaces them with normal size cards.

I like this idea.  I am not certain but I thought FFG has other games that use this size card.  

After seeing my friend's business card sleeves and how stuff kind of fell out of them, I got something like these (but not exactly these):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002KDNAU2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1414547813&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40

Yes, the cards stick out the top of the pockets, but the side to side fit is good. And frankly, it makes them easier to remove with part of them sticking out. Really happy with the solution.

So, coin sheets are good.

Edited by GiraffeandZebra

there is a plano deep organizing tray (cannot remember the number) works great and will hold all your cards in sleeves, plusy you can use a seperate compartment for each class of upgrade. I also keep my pilot cards and movement dials in there. Bulkier than a binder I suppose, but I like it. It's not a tackle box, but like one of the boxes that goes in a tackle box, only deeper.

I like this idea.  I am not certain but I thought FFG has other games that use this size card.  

Almost every game they make uses this size card.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Pocket-Stickers-Pages/dp/B000ETN7N4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1413089446&sr=1-1&keywords=Ultra+Pro+12+Pocket+for+Stickers

The picture is wrong and the pockets fit 2.25x2.5 inches. Perfect for sleeved upgrade cards. I arrived at this solution after using gamers den deck boxes (which worked nicely and are still perfect for epic damage decks) but wanting an easier way to peruse my cards.

This sounds cool... I will indeed take you up on your offer of pics, thanks! 

This sounds cool... I will indeed take you up on your offer of pics, thanks! 

Well I took some pictures to post, and...you apparently need to have them on the web already as it only takes url addresses and not uploads :(

I guess you could PM me an email address or something and I could shoot them to you. It's just 2 pics, one of the whole page with cards and one close up of a card showing the sleeve and the space in the pocket.

Edit: So I made a shutterfly account to share the pics, and it says 'you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community'. So....dunno. Sorry

Edited by Futant420

Ultra Pro Platinum 12 Pocket Pages. They work great! I just got mine from eBay last week. They hold sleeved upgrade cards great, but will fall out if you shake the binder too much when upside down, so I would recommend a zip up binder just to be safe. But, all in all, the cards hold in quite well and are not hard to take in and out. There are different Utra Pro 12 pocket sheets however, so if you do buy some, make sure they are the ones with 2.5 x 2.25 pockets. Pretty sure they are a discontinued item, but I just checked and they are still available on eBay. Just punch into eBays search bar *ULTRA PRO PLATINUM 12 POCKET PAGES 2.5 x 2.25 sheets* Should take you right to them.

I just use my tacklebox for the majority of my storage needs. Plano Prolatch Stowaway 3600: holds all my upgrade cards, dice, the small cardboard bases for ships, all the tokens I need and I even keep pegs in there. My only other things are bases, large cardboard bases, pilot cards and dials, which I all keep in another place.

I bought a  organiser / tacklebox type thing from a local plastics store - ridiculously cheap - something like £3 - £4 IIRC

It's got 8  compartments, 6 of which are exactly the right size to hold bagged and sleeved upgrade cards without accidentally bending or damaging them when putting them in or taking them out - they are deep enough to hold around 150 cards per compartment - perfect for long term storage and large enough to hold every card I'm ever likely to own.

The shop has an ebay store - if anyone's interested I'll ask the owner to list some of these on there.

Well I took some pictures to post, and...you apparently need to have them on the web already as it only takes url addresses and not uploads :(

I guess you could PM me an email address or something and I could shoot them to you. It's just 2 pics, one of the whole page with cards and one close up of a card showing the sleeve and the space in the pocket.

Edit: So I made a shutterfly account to share the pics, and it says 'you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community'. So....dunno. Sorry

PM sent, thanks!