Sign in to follow this  
Ken at Sunrise

George Lucas Explains What Star Wars "Means"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pbRGtWkHWg

Published on Oct 23, 2014

Filmmaker George Lucas talks to Charlie Rose about the mythology behind "Star Wars" and why he thinks the movie's message is so universal. "What makes a hero, what's friendship, what's the idea of sacrificing yourself for something larger... They're all really basic things. So you say, well, you don't have to make a movie about that, it's very obvious, but it's actually not." The interview was filmed live on stage at Chicago Ideas Week on Oct. 17, 2014.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

Is it different to the current DVD version?

Oh you mean the Muppet Show in Jabbas Palace and the scene with Jabba in Episode IV, the 'we can't let shoot Han first, for he is a hero and heros only defend themselfes'-Scene, ans all the other 'improvements'?

If that is what HoboJesus is talking about - those changes happened back in 1997 and were called the 'Special Editions' - they were on VHS.

Oh you mean the Muppet Show in Jabbas Palace and the scene with Jabba in Episode IV, the 'we can't let shoot Han first, for he is a hero and heros only defend themselfes'-Scene, ans all the other 'improvements'?

You really don't know? he needlessly put eyelids on the ewoks, when vader throws the emperor down the shaft he cries NOOOOO but they were so feckin lazy it was the same NOOO from the end of episode three the one that makes vader look like a muppet, its far worse than the special edition and thats bad enough with gungans and the change to anakin at the end.

If that is what HoboJesus is talking about - those changes happened back in 1997 and were called the 'Special Editions' - they were on VHS.

Nonononono he made even more changes for the blueray.

You really don't know? he needlessly put eyelids on the ewoks, when vader throws the emperor down the shaft he cries NOOOOO but they were so feckin lazy it was the same NOOO from the end of episode three the one that makes vader look like a muppet, its far worse than the special edition and thats bad enough with gungans and the change to anakin at the end.

I have the DVD version and I havn't recognized that ewoks have eyelids now - a Blu Ray only feature?

The change of Anakin is one of the worst, true. And why would the have parties and Fireworks everywhere at the end?

I mean the Empire is still there?! The local security forces would detain everybody that would show happyness in public about the Emperor's death - wouldn't they?

I have the DVD version and I haven't recognized that ewoks have eyelids now - a Blu Ray only feature?

The change of Anakin is one of the worst, true. And why would the have parties and Fireworks everywhere at the end?

I mean the Empire is still there?! The local security forces would detain everybody that would show happiness in public about the Emperor's death - wouldn't they?

That's actually what happened. Things got pretty nasty- we just didn't see that part.

I'm kinda fine with the ewoks having eyelids. When they just had those creepy black soulless unblinking beady eyes staring at you, you know they evil and serve the dark side. Plus, they eat other sentient beings. That celebration at the end, they know nothing of the empire or technology, so they aren't celebrating the fall of the empire. No, they are celebrating their very successful hunt and bountiful haul of delicious human meat.

The Ewoks are creepy soulless unblinking creatures - so it was just fine.

True, it makes you wonder if Han, Luke and Leia ate the food they were offered or knew what they were eating. They should after they were about to cooked and eaten earlier. I don't understand why some people think that they are cute cuddly creatures.

Indeed, i went to the cinema to watch them.