Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
luck5275

Porkins Explored (with rough math)

Recommended Posts

Ok so I realy like ablities with a risk/cost/benift aspect and Porkins fills the bill and well fridays i have downtime while backups run.

 

First let me say this is done with my logic (not always the most sound) of what is positive negative and of when i would use something. also this is long and ill try and split it up best i can (i show "some" work) also there is always the chance my math is off lol 

 

Porkins + experimental interface + R5-D8 = 32 points
 
hit = 3/8 = .375
evade + focus = 5/8 = .625
some basiline info i wrote out
37.5% of damage then 62.5% chance of removing then 37.5% chance of damage
 
5.27% chance of + 2 (1 - 0 + 1) (.375 *.375 *.375)
8.79% chance of + 1 (1 - 1 + 1) (.375 *.625 *.375)
14.65% chance of + 0 (1 - 1 + 0)(.375 *.625 *.625)
8.79% chance of + 1 (1 - 0 + 0) (.375 *.375 *.625)
24.41% chance of - 1 (0 - 1 + 0)(.625 *.625 *.625)
14.65% chance of + 0 (0 - 1 + 1)(.625 *.625 *.375)
14.65% chance of + 0 (0 - 0 + 0)(.625 *.375 *.625)
8.79% chance of +1 (0 - 0 + 1) (.625 *.375 *.375)
 
When Taking a Stress + action + experimental
such as:K-Turn
Stay on Target
Daredevil(not quite the same but sure if porkins has balls of steel)
Expert Handaling
clearing one durning combat could be seen using this formula but theres a chance you could take damage between the first instance and the driod trigger
 
 
if you have 2 damage
 
46.29% of +1 damage and death
29.30% of +0 damage 
24.41% of -1 damage
 
 
if you have 1 damage
 
43.95% of + 0 damage
26.37% of +1 damage
24.41% of - 1 damage
5.27% of +2 damage and death
 
 
if you have 0 damage
 
77.15% of +0 damage
17.58% of +1 damage
5.27% of +2 damage
 
Just an action + experimental Interface
 
39.06% of - 1 damage (-1 + 0) (.625 *.625)
23.44% of + 0 damage (-1 + 1) (.625 *.375)
23.44% of + 0 damage (+0 + 0) (.375 *.625)
14.06% of + 1 damage (+0 + 1) (.375 *.375)
 
 
46.88% of +0 damage
39.06% of -1 damage
14.06% of +1 damage
 
Push the limits + experimental Interface
(would only be useful if you already have 1 damage as i belive droid would trigger before any stress)
 
5.27% of + 2 (0 + 1 + 1) (.375 *.375 *.375)
8.79% of + 1 (0 + 1 + 0) (.375 *.375 *.625)
8.79% of + 1 (0 + 0 + 1) (.375 *.625 *.375)
14.65% of + 0 (0 + 0 + 0) (.375 *.625 *.625)
8.79% of + 1 (-1 + 1 + 1) (.625 *.375 *.375)
14.65% of + 0 (-1 + 1 + 0) (.625 *.375 *.625)
24.41% of - 1 (-1 + 0 + 0) (.625 *.625 *.625)
14.65% of + 0 (-1 + 0 + 1) (.625 *.625 *.375)
 
if you have 2 damage
 
43.95% of +0 damage
31.64% of +1 damage and death
24.41% of -1 damage
 
if you have 1 damage
 
43.95% of + 0 damage
26.37% of + 1 damage
24.41% of - 1 damage
5.27% of + 2 damage and death

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Porkins + Elusivness (I call a "Neutral" where you didnt change the result (is 1 damage or 1 possible damage) i will revist this later to expand)

you are trading a 37.5% chance at damage for a reroll on a enemey attack dice

attack dice has a 50 % chance to score a hit or 75% whith a focus target locks cant reroll the dice so we will ignore them

(.375 * .5)

(.375 * .75)

(.625 * .5)

(.625 * .75)

 

(attack no focus)

 

31.25 of no damage + hit 

31.25 of no damage + no hit

18.75 of damage + hit

18.75 of damage + no hit 

 

"Neutral" effect 50%

Positive effect 31.25%

Negative effect 18.75%

 

(attack with focus)

 

46.87 of no damage + hit

28.13 of damage + hit

15.62 of no damage + no hit

9.38 of damage + no hit

 

 

"Neutral" effect 56.25%

Negative effect 28.13%

Positive effect 15.62%

 

 

Not Porkins + Elusivness (i call it a Negative effect becuase you changed nothing and gained a stress)

 

(attack no focus)

 

Positive effect 50%

Negative effect 50%

 

(Attack with focus)

Negative effect 75% 

Positive effect 25%

 

 

Porkins + Oppurtunist (I can steal some of this from Elusivness)

 

your trading a 37.5% at damage for a 50% chance for an extra Hit

 

(.375 * .5)

(.375 * .75)

(.625 * .5)

(.625 * .75)

(.375 * .94)

(.625 * .94)

 

(with no focus)

 

31.25 of no damage + hit 

31.25 of no damage + no hit

18.75 of damage + hit

18.75 of damage + no hit 

 

"Neutral" effect 50%

Very Positive effect 31.25%

very Negative effect 18.75%

 

(wiith focus)

 

46.87 of no damage + hit

28.13 of damage + hit

15.62 of no damage + no hit

9.38 of damage + no hit

 

Very Positive effect 46.87%

"Neutral" effect 43.75% 

Very Negative effect 9.38%

 

(wiith target lock)

 

46.87 of no damage + hit

28.13 of damage + hit

15.62 of no damage + no hit

9.38 of damage + no hit

 

Very Positive effect 46.87%

"Neutral" effect 43.75% 

Very Negative effect 9.38%

 

(with target lock + focus)

 

58.75 of no damage + hit

3.75 of no damage + no hit

35.25 of damage + hit

2.25 of damage + no hit

 

 

Very Positive effect 58.75%

"Neutral" effect 39%

Very Negative effect 2.25%

 

 

Am i missing anything? (other then Daredevil math...)

Edited by luck5275

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Porkins with R5-D8 as that was actually his astromech in the movies. 

 

Out of interest, does anyone know if there's a list of the astromechs that were present at the Battle of Yavin and which pilots they were with?

So far I only know of 1 other named droid apart from R2D2 and R5D6, which is R2X2 but there isn't a card for him .......yet

 

I'm playing around with making a Red + Gold Squadron list that's as thematically accurate as possible within the confines of the game so any extra info would be welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Porkins with R5-D8 as that was actually his astromech in the movies.

 

Out of interest, does anyone know if there's a list of the astromechs that were present at the Battle of Yavin and which pilots they were with?

So far I only know of 1 other named droid apart from R2D2 and R5D6, which is R2X2 but there isn't a card for him .......yet

 

I'm playing around with making a Red + Gold Squadron list that's as thematically accurate as possible within the confines of the game so any extra info would be welcome

Do some searches on here, I know someone did something like you're talking about a while back... it was a fairly complete list even having blue squadron info as well.. I was quite impressed.

I'm not a maths fan, but if I run Porkins I'll definitely use his droid for him. I personally dislike using droids on different pilots.. i.e. I like R2D2 with Luke and R5D8 with Jek... and if we get other droids for specific pilots, I'll drop them on their respective pilots..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Porkins with R5-D8 as that was actually his astromech in the movies.

 

Out of interest, does anyone know if there's a list of the astromechs that were present at the Battle of Yavin and which pilots they were with?

So far I only know of 1 other named droid apart from R2D2 and R5D6, which is R2X2 but there isn't a card for him .......yet

 

I'm playing around with making a Red + Gold Squadron list that's as thematically accurate as possible within the confines of the game so any extra info would be welcome

Interesting. I'd love to do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do some searches on here, I know someone did something like you're talking about a while back... it was a fairly complete list even having blue squadron info as well.. I was quite impressed.

I'm not a maths fan, but if I run Porkins I'll definitely use his droid for him. I personally dislike using droids on different pilots.. i.e. I like R2D2 with Luke and R5D8 with Jek... and if we get other droids for specific pilots, I'll drop them on their respective pilots..

Oh, that was me. Look at my profile and threads started by me. I'd do it but away for weekend and on tablet. That's how I knew it was his Droid. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...