140 images in album, including such classic hits as:

"70s Guy Buffs Giant Triangle"

sI5BtjM.jpg

and "What is this, a Starfighter for Ants?!"

AnPmMk6.jpg

and who could forget "Team America: Space Police"

0XBpkV3.jpg

Edited by ObiWonka

Wow those are some of the best pictures I've seen of the Star Destroyer and the Nebulon-B Frigate. Ever star wars video game has gotten the Neb B so completely and totally wrong. The "bridge" is actually a turret, assume a turbo laser maybe ? or maybe it's just an old Patton tank lol. All those details on the Frigate are just insane, I've never before saw any close up pictures like that of it. Just amazing.

Wow those are some of the best pictures I've seen of the Star Destroyer and the Nebulon-B Frigate. Ever star wars video game has gotten the Neb B so completely and totally wrong. The "bridge" is actually a turret, assume a turbo laser maybe ? or maybe it's just an old Patton tank lol. All those details on the Frigate are just insane, I've never before saw any close up pictures like that of it. Just amazing.

also, the turret appears to be from a scale model of a M24 Chaffee tank, which amuses me greatly. 

The scratchbuilder in me just salivate at the thought of working on something like this. I always knew the ships were complex but seeing them like this makes my mind spin at all the details and consequently all the manhours needed to make it happen! It makes me sad to see this type of work being replaced by CGI.

I recommend watching this if you are interested in the ultimate replica of the Y-Wing. THIS shows some serious dedication. :)

Edit: and of course thanks for posting this picture gallery!!!

Edited by Krankenstein

If I remember correctly, Star Wars had a 2 million dollar special effects budget, and half of it was gone before they had even filmed anything

but look how that million was spent

How does that cost a million dollars though?  What is it, 12 people on 20k (I'm just guessing, but I suspect that was a lot in the 70s) working full time for 4 years?  It amazes me.