Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tallgeese

Hampshire Regional - June 28th

Recommended Posts

 

 Hi guys, due to a huge change in my life I am extra keen to make sure that this day is huge. I'm not dieing or anything like that before anyone goes down that road either. Suffice to say things are going to be very different for me from now on, and that is a huge part of why I want to make this the biggest Regional so far. Part of the reason for holding the Regional at the River Wey was to make a bit of money for the cafe and that is even more important to me now. So I'm asking you all, all of you who can make it to Hampshire that day to please come down and join in what I hope will be a great tournament.

 Thanks

 Steve

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve has found Jebus, PRAISE THA' LARD!!

Seriously, got my support dude, really looking forward to this, and all those that haven't been to the cafe, its chuffin' awesome, bacon sarnies and cups o' tea at the drop of a deck sleeve, plus there's a stage for impromptu karaoke "TAKE ON ME, take on me, TAKE ME ON, take on me, I'LL BE GONE, IN A DAY OR TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, you know I'd do as much as I can for you but this is going to be really difficult for me to get to....

I wasn't planning to go to this as there isn't a car going from Sheffield, so this is a sincere request to anybody in Aldershot or anybody who can give me a lift to this event to lend me a floor to sleep on on the Friday (possibly also Saturday) night. I might just be able to scrape together the train fare for this if I can borrow a floor for either one or two nights.

 - Ross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speedsta said:

Steve, you know I'd do as much as I can for you but this is going to be really difficult for me to get to....

I wasn't planning to go to this as there isn't a car going from Sheffield, so this is a sincere request to anybody in Aldershot or anybody who can give me a lift to this event to lend me a floor to sleep on on the Friday (possibly also Saturday) night. I might just be able to scrape together the train fare for this if I can borrow a floor for either one or two nights.

 - Ross

 

Ross, check your email, if there's two of us from Sheffield, we might be able to cheapen transport a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, Matt, I've got no idea which random person you've e-mailed but it wasn't me. :P  Will I see you in the shop tonight?

Thanks a lot Steve, I'll do my best to get there : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speedsta said:

Steve, you know I'd do as much as I can for you but this is going to be really difficult for me to get to....

I wasn't planning to go to this as there isn't a car going from Sheffield, so this is a sincere request to anybody in Aldershot or anybody who can give me a lift to this event to lend me a floor to sleep on on the Friday (possibly also Saturday) night. I might just be able to scrape together the train fare for this if I can borrow a floor for either one or two nights.

 - Ross

Ross (and Matt),

I'm looking into whether or not I can make it down to the event - assuming I can make it, I might be able to drive down, possibly bringing both of you with me if you needed a lift (and could get to Nottingham). 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrin said:

 

 

Ross (and Matt),

I'm looking into whether or not I can make it down to the event - assuming I can make it, I might be able to drive down, possibly bringing both of you with me if you needed a lift (and could get to Nottingham). 

Kev

 

 

That would be amazing, I'm not sure how often Matt logs on here so if you find that you are able to go you're probably better off letting me know - my e-mail address is samuraiross@yahoo.co.uk. Would your car already be full or could Benihime split petrol costs, etc with us? : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speedsta said:

Korrin said:

 

 

Ross (and Matt),

I'm looking into whether or not I can make it down to the event - assuming I can make it, I might be able to drive down, possibly bringing both of you with me if you needed a lift (and could get to Nottingham). 

Kev

 

 

That would be amazing, I'm not sure how often Matt logs on here so if you find that you are able to go you're probably better off letting me know - my e-mail address is samuraiross@yahoo.co.uk. Would your car already be full or could Benihime split petrol costs, etc with us? : )

 

I've heard that if you speak the name of the devil six times, he shall appear :P

 

Kev, the offer of a lift would be fantastic!

Just to check how full your car is though? It's a very kind offer and I'm very conscious that we don't try to overcrowd you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hewittzil said:

I've heard that if you speak the name of the devil six times, he shall appear :P

Which one?

 

Akuma, Akuma, Akuma, Akuma, Akuma, Akuma

Chun-Li, Chun-Li, Chun-Li, Chun-Li, Chun-Li, Chun-Li

Zi Mei, Zi Mei, Zi Mei, Zi Mei, Zi Mei, Zi Mei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've promised Ben (babelfish) a lift down too, so with the two of you, that'll fill a car I'm afraid.

If there's more people from both Nottingham and Sheffield that want to go, maybe we could try to organise another car?

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure that many of our people are drivers, but if there's anyone in the Nottingham group who has a car I'm sure I can supply a list of people they can split petrol with?

Thanks for the lift, do we know whether you will be going yet? (If not I'll start looking at trains...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speedsta said:

I'm not sure that many of our people are drivers, but if there's anyone in the Nottingham group who has a car I'm sure I can supply a list of people they can split petrol with?

Thanks for the lift, do we know whether you will be going yet? (If not I'll start looking at trains...)

Yes, I will be going, but I can't leave until Saturday afternoon, so I'll only be going down for Sunday's regionals.  Both you and Matt are welcome to lifts if that fits in with your plans (and Ben too, obviously)

On a random and totally unrelated note (sorry to threadjack) did the Patriot Games card get sorted out?

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrin said:

Speedsta said:

 

I'm not sure that many of our people are drivers, but if there's anyone in the Nottingham group who has a car I'm sure I can supply a list of people they can split petrol with?

Thanks for the lift, do we know whether you will be going yet? (If not I'll start looking at trains...)

 

 

Yes, I will be going, but I can't leave until Saturday afternoon, so I'll only be going down for Sunday's regionals.  Both you and Matt are welcome to lifts if that fits in with your plans (and Ben too, obviously)

On a random and totally unrelated note (sorry to threadjack) did the Patriot Games card get sorted out?

Kev

 

That sounds great Kev.

On the random and totally unrelated note, yes it (finally) got sorted. See you at Nottingham tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hewittzil said:

Korrin said:

 

Speedsta said:

 

I'm not sure that many of our people are drivers, but if there's anyone in the Nottingham group who has a car I'm sure I can supply a list of people they can split petrol with?

Thanks for the lift, do we know whether you will be going yet? (If not I'll start looking at trains...)

 

 

Yes, I will be going, but I can't leave until Saturday afternoon, so I'll only be going down for Sunday's regionals.  Both you and Matt are welcome to lifts if that fits in with your plans (and Ben too, obviously)

On a random and totally unrelated note (sorry to threadjack) did the Patriot Games card get sorted out?

Kev

 

 

 

That sounds great Kev.

On the random and totally unrelated note, yes it (finally) got sorted. See you at Nottingham tonight?

I'll be there - not playing, but I'll pop in for an hour or so before I have to go out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrin said:

 

Hewittzil said:

 

Korrin said:

 

Speedsta said:

 

I'm not sure that many of our people are drivers, but if there's anyone in the Nottingham group who has a car I'm sure I can supply a list of people they can split petrol with?

Thanks for the lift, do we know whether you will be going yet? (If not I'll start looking at trains...)

 

 

Yes, I will be going, but I can't leave until Saturday afternoon, so I'll only be going down for Sunday's regionals.  Both you and Matt are welcome to lifts if that fits in with your plans (and Ben too, obviously)

On a random and totally unrelated note (sorry to threadjack) did the Patriot Games card get sorted out?

Kev

 

 

 

That sounds great Kev.

On the random and totally unrelated note, yes it (finally) got sorted. See you at Nottingham tonight?

 

 

I'll be there - not playing, but I'll pop in for an hour or so before I have to go out.

 

 

 

Cool okay, catch you later.

 

(Attempting to bring the topic back onto subject)

 

Sooooooo, Hampshire Regionals... could Vegay wi another Regional event?lengua.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Steve gui%C3%B1o.gif

....but you're probably right, the only reason Vega won almost all of its games for a couple of months is because I was lucky enough to make a really good assessment of the meta when building a new deck. Now that the metagame has changed significantly, Vega isn't the monster it used to be (as seen at the PotM finals where I went to time with it in half of my games).

Although, after Steve's post I'm tempted to build a new Vega anyway now and see if I can make the cut - I do need a new deck after the recent bannings after all. enfadado.gif

@ Kev, yes, the offer of a lift sounds amazing, once you've decided where and when you want me to meet you in Nottingham, send me either an e-mail or a Matt-mail and I'll meet you there, thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...