Sign in to follow this  
Scalding

Right vs. Wrong

Angelicdoctor says we're done and no amount of anyone still having something to say is going to change his mind. Any attempts at talking will only result in his reminding us that he's done... And apathetic. If only this wasn't his Internet...

By all means, continue!  It is pretty much vaudeville for me at this point.  Abbot and Costello even.

I probably have polyhedral dice older than most forum posters here.

Are you stealing my chat-up lines now? 

I mean, who needs this stuff when you have the Queen?!

Ah, I said I was a Brit, not English. 

I'm actually Welsh, Cardiff  born and bred.  We hate the Queen!

(the royal family version, that is. We like Messrs Mercury, Taylor and May just fine...)

Why did the Doctor Who show always seem to make fun of Cardiff especially in the first season of the re-boot?

even if they rehash the same arguments, new people posting provides additional datapoints; which reduces the error range in the statistical set.

Only if someone is tasked with evaluating the mess that is comprised of these "datapoints."

I nominate...not me.

Angelicdoctor, if you're so done with the conversation, why are you still participating in it?  Why not, say, stop reading the responses and allow those who still want to discuss it to do so?

Anyway, folks, go home; angelicdoctor declares there's nothing more to see here.

Why did the Doctor Who show always seem to make fun of Cardiff especially in the first season of the re-boot?

I actually thought it was quite affectionate to us :)

We're an odd lot, us Cardiffians, somewhere culturally between the Welsh and English.

It was nice just to see all my familiar haunts on TV.

And Dr Who is one of the few sci-fi franchises  to be sucessfully rebootted while being as good as the originals. No mean feat, that.

I actually thought it was quite affectionate to us :)

We're an odd lot, us Cardiffians, somewhere culturally between the Welsh and English.

It was nice just to see all my familiar haunts on TV.

And Dr Who is one of the few sci-fi franchises  to be sucessfully rebootted while being as good as the originals. No mean feat, that.

"Affectionate"?  I must have lost that in the translation.  ;)   But then again, I am just a chav.

Ah, we Cardiffians can laugh at ourselves. :)

And you are way too well-educated to be a chav, AD.  Quoting Chesterton and Maurois and everything...

That is too kind of you to write.  I am much closer to Tyler than Oswald, however.

I think a good medium would be "Generate 1 conflict when first used during a session"  I can easily see conflict being used as a rescource, like Strain, in a game.  If each of these "auto-conflict" talents had the same wording, or, for some that are obviously more sinister, more auto-conflict, this would make the game interesting.  You're conciously making a choice on whether or not to tap the more sinister side of the force to get these results.  

Another option might be to word it differently.  Say you have a Force Talent that gives you one auto conflict, and another that gives you two, at the start of every session, because of the knowledge corupting you.  Word the talents so that they dont stack above the maximum of the highest talent.  Since you have one talent that give 2 conflict a session, thats what you gain each session, for having the inate knowledge of these sinister forces.

Edited by JediKnightToombs