Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

MOST WANTED PART 1:

Dang it beat me to it!

Also for everyone wondering the title is BTL-A4 (0 pts.)

You cannot perform attacks outside your firing arc. After performing a primary weapon attack, you may perform a turret secondary weapon attack. (this still doesn't mean the Ys we have are S3s!)

and the new turret: Autoblaster Turret (2 pts., range 1, 2 attack):

perform an attack even if it is outside your firing arc. The rest is the normal autoblaster text. The new pilots are also looking spiffy.

The Z-95 pilot Kaa'to Leeachos' ability and name sound like a spin off of a leech :lol: :lol:

Edited by YwingAce

Actually at 2 points the autoblaster is just fine. Range one will make it a lot weaker than autoblaster on a B-wing though. TIE's should be able to afford the ability to keep distance, I can't see it replacing the ion turret. Additionally, do scum have any astromechs that would give the Y-wing dogfighting abilities like an R2?

Edited by DariusAPB

I wonder if you can use the BTL-A4 to perform an attack with Blaster turret without spending a focus token?

Autoblaster is interesting.  Very cheap for a turret, at 2 points, but two dice, and R1 only.  Me brain hurt this card make.  I think I'll need some alone time with a calculator to figure out if this thing is good or not.

The Y-Wing pilots look really cool, and they will be great for maxing out damage from secondary weapons.  Drea looks great with a load of torpedoes.

Actually at 2 points the autoblaster is just fine. Range one will make it a lot weaker than autoblaster on a B-wing though. TIE's should be able to afford the ability to keep distance, I can't see it replacing the ion turret. Additionally, do scum have any astromechs that would give the Y-wing dogfighting abilities like an R2?

Unhinged astromech.

It looks more like FFG is trying to make Y-Wings a sort of "Boom and Zoom" fighter.  We get astromechs that make it good at high speeds (unhinged astro), and upgrades that make it hit hard in the first pass, but it doesn't turn very tightly and doesn't want to dogfight as much. 

Edited by Babaganoosh

It looks more like FFG is trying to make Y-Wings a sort of "Boom and Zoom" fighter.  We get astromechs that make it good at high speeds (unhinged astro), and upgrades that make it hit hard in the first pass, but it doesn't turn very tightly and doesn't want to dogfight as much. 

I can see engine upgrades being mandatory... just like my Shadowblade in Galaxies...

Wooow. Both Kaa'to and the new Y-Wing options look brutal. Also, the BTL-A4 title looks -awesome- for both Scum and Rebel Y-Wings. I mean heck, you could blow up an enemy ship with your blasters and then switch targets to ionize something. :3

Y-wings are based off the SBD-Dauntless so this direction makes sense. (the SBD-Dauntless was an American dive-bomber during WW-2 but it was also a capable dogfighter if it needed to defend itself. It is most known for fatally damaging 3 aircraft carriers at Midway in under 7 minutes. The Dauntless was a tough fighter, at one point, a Dauntless pilot was attacked by 3 Zeros. He shot down 2 and collided wings with the 3rd, the Dauntless' wing was undamaged, and the Zero's wing ripped right off.)

I can see engine upgrades being mandatory... just like my Shadowblade in Galaxies...

Now I want JtL enabled on SWGEmu even more than I did a few minutes ago :(

The y-wing has always been my favorite ship. might have to defect to the scum. Like what I see. I wonder if the new FAQ on autoblaster will also apply to the turret? The way it reads on the card, you could use an evade token to cancel a regular hit, not just a crit. will be interesting to see how this plays out. The droid that gives you a target lock after spending a focus makes blaster turret viable again, but expensive. I like the Y-wing pilot who adds a die outside his arc, plus blaster turret plus the droid. Could be a falcon on the cheap. Also like the Z pilot that steals actions, albiet the cheezy name (though cheesy names are not new to star wars)

Looked up Kavil:

Kavil was a pirate who led the Kavil's Corsairs pirate group. He was a Human male with blue eyes, balding brown hair, and a heavily-scarred face.

In the months after the Battle of Endor he became an Imperial privateer through the hope of attaining social promotion for his duties. He was eventually supplanted by Leonia Tavira.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kavil

I wonder if you can use the BTL-A4 to perform an attack with Blaster turret without spending a focus token?

There's no mention of removing those sorts of requirements, just as there's no mention of modifying the range. The only things that change about the follow-up attack are described on the card.

The y-wing has always been my favorite ship. might have to defect to the scum. Like what I see. I wonder if the new FAQ on autoblaster will also apply to the turret? The way it reads on the card, you could use an evade token to cancel a regular hit, not just a crit. will be interesting to see how this plays out. The droid that gives you a target lock after spending a focus makes blaster turret viable again, but expensive. I like the Y-wing pilot who adds a die outside his arc, plus blaster turret plus the droid. Could be a falcon on the cheap. Also like the Z pilot that steals actions, albiet the cheezy name (though cheesy names are not new to star wars)

Kaat'o Leeachos was a Kadas'sa'Nikto male bounty hunter who operated during the early years of the Galactic Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaa'to_Leeachos

Drooling over here! Going to have to pick up 2 of these packs (though, no idea what I'm going to do with the Zs... ebay?).

On Drea: Can you spend a lock to fire a Torp, then use the new lock to modify your rolls?

I am sure some of us (me) would be willing to work something out with you :)

Drooling over here! Going to have to pick up 2 of these packs (though, no idea what I'm going to do with the Zs... ebay?).

On Drea: Can you spend a lock to fire a Torp, then use the new lock to modify your rolls?

I think that's the way it works, yeah.  It doesn't say you get the TL after the attack, the way it does on the FCS upgrade.  Looks like you immediately get the TL.  Could be very nice with torpedoes, or with R4-B11.

Dang it beat me to it!

Also for everyone wondering the title is BTL-A4 (0 pts.)

You cannot perform attacks outside your firing arc. After performing a primary weapon attack, you may perform a turret secondary weapon attack. (this still doesn't mean the Ys we have are S3s!)

and the new turret: Autoblaster Turret (2 pts., range 1, 2 attack):

perform an attack even if it is outside your firing arc. The rest is the normal autoblaster text. The new pilots are also looking spiffy.

The Z-95 pilot Kaa'to Leeachos' ability and name sound like a spin off of a leech :lol: :lol:

You cannot perform attacks outside your firing arc. After performing a primary weapon attack, you may perform a turret secondary weapon attack. 

So basically your turrets are locked forward, and you can shoot twice in the combat phase, correct?

So with the title BTL-A4 (0 pts.)

You cannot perform attacks outside your firing arc. After performing a primary weapon attack, you may perform a turret secondary weapon attack. 

So basically your turrets are locked forward, and you can shoot twice in the combat phase, correct?

Edited by eagletsi111

I do believe that's the basic idea.... if only it could be a focus instead for the Adv Torpedo...

What I wonder though is, with the R4 Agromech: If I attack and spend a focus to modify my roll, can I use the target lock just aquired to reroll my dice? If so, does the focus previously spent also modify the eyeball I got with my reroll?

Other than that, very good upgrade and I like what is coming. Rebels might get jealous of some astromechs and pilots, but they still have in my opinion both best one with Dutch and Airen.

Also, Kaa'to Leachos will make a perfect bodyguard.