Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Dancer

Expansions

Haven't seen much talk about these. I know there have been a few sneaky photos about the expansions, but do we have any hard facts about them yet?  As I understand it, there will be an expansion for each of the ships in the core set, plus one extra ship & one fighter pack (with several types of fighter) per faction - is this right?

Although I'd like to see more info on the specific packs, the main thing I'd like to know right now is will the first wave of expansions be released with the core set, or will they come after?  It would make sense that they are available with the core set but I've not seen anything definite about them.

We already know what the expansions will be, but I also haven't seen anything on the release dates, or solid pricing info.

I have no doubt that they will release at the time of the core set though.  The core set (much like in X-wing) gives you a nice taste, but limited variety, limited replayability, and no functioning way to play a full point game.  Releasing the core even a month or two ahead of the expansions would be a bad idea.

I suspect the logistics of this is what may be delaying further releases of info.  X-wing has gotten some recent updates, and Imperial Assault has received several updates, but Armada has been getting little attention.

I think they said something about the expansions being staggered. So we will probably see the core set and the ships in there released at the same time, potentially with the fighter packs. And then maybe we will see the extra ships being added a month or two after the initial release.

I check Miniature Market regularly to see if they have the expansions up. I already pre-ordered the starter but I'd also like to get my pre-order in for the first wave of expansions :)

I'm sure that FFG will provide supporting craft with the expansion kits, but it's worth a mention on the off-chance it hasn't been thought of.

From the limited views, it would appear that the Star Destroyer Mk 1 and 2 is pretty much the same craft with just more firepower and a few extra points.

If the Star Destroyer came in an expansion box, it would have to include at least one of the following: Shuttle group, VT Patrol Group or TIE Fighter (In, Advance, Bomber or Interceptor) group.

In theory, a Star Destroyer has 6 Squads of 12 TIEs, at least 2 Squads of Bombers (6 in a squad) and a small swarm of shuttles (all this from a DK book on the ships of the Empire up to Return of the Jedi - sorry, Episode 6).

From what I saw on video, the fighter expansions had 8 stands in each.

Rebels had 2 Xs, 2 Ys, 2 As and 2 Bs.

Imperials had 2 TIES, 2 TIE/Int, 2 TIE/Adv and 2 TIE Bombers. 

I'm assuming they'll each have some interesting upgrades as well. Should be a healthy addition to the fleets.

Cheers for the info guys. It would certainly make sense for the expansions to be released with the core, but the product page is yet to list them. Hopefully they will start previewing some of them soon - will be interesting to see what/if different upgrades will be included.

I doubt the Assault Frigate will be a direct Matchup vs a Victory. Seeing as how the Nebulon's stats lean towards a backline control ship I imagine the AF will have 4-5 dice on the front, around 6-7 hull, and have 3 engineering, but a 3 command and 1 squadron.