Sign in to follow this  
Shado

Does anyone else feel my fear?

I was just reading in another post again about how FFG will never release PT ships, and that even if they did want to, Disney would never allow it. This got me to thinking... how long until Disney pulls the rug out on anyone producing further old EU stuff? Does anyone else fear this could be? I could see Disney eventually allowing licensing for collectable old EU products and cutting the licensing for any further releases on things like games. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I'm sure if this was to happen, it probably wouldn't be for some time, seeing as Armada and Imperial Assault have still yet to be released.

I'm probably just being paranoid. Please, someone tell me I'm just being paranoid!

I suspect that the reason Disney wouldn't allow PT stuff might have more to do with them wanting to keep the focus on the Galactic Civil War era (with Rebels and the like) rather than any anti-EU sentiment. Besides, the game is probably going to be forced into stealing as many ships as possible from Rebels anyway just to fuel new releases (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions the old EU is basically done as far as this game is concerned), so it's about to fall in line perfectly from Disney's point of view.

Edited by DR4CO

the EU stuff is going the way of the dinosaur.

it's ok.

the new movies and TV shows are going to give us all sorts of new characters and vehicles to love.

it's ok, really.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Rebels stuff show up spring 2015.

it's ok, in fact it's pretty **** awesome to see new Star Wars on the screen.

it's ok.

the new movies and TV shows are going to give us all sorts of new characters and vehicles to love.

it's ok, really.

Sure, but is it OK?

A part of me wishes they stopped at wave 3 and just released new abilities and subsets of existing ships. The phantom and defender could have been a special tie advanced release, as special titles that gave different stats and movement abilities.ditto for the e wing and head hunter applying to x wings and a wings. My interest in star wars extends only to tge ships from the original trilogy and while I appreciate the expansion of the mechanics of the game, I must admit the game is starting to feel watered down with all of these unknown (to me) ships coming in.

I'm excited for all the new stuff, but I don't really want to lose access to new "old" stuff either. I fear that Disney may not want PT ships put into the game because they may not want to mix anymore of whats new cannon with the old cannon. I can see them not wanting to allow Rebels ships into the game either because that would be mixing new cannon with old EU material, and they don't belong in the same universe together. So far all the old EU stuff is from the OT era and shortly there after. This is one of the reasons I think we may see a 2nd edition to this game before too long. If Disney ends up wanting to push the new cannon stuff, but without mixing it with the old EU, then who knows? But thats what I'm most worried about. There is still tons of old EU stuff I would like to see brought into the game, but FFG may not get the time to get to a lot of it.

Time will tell...

Not sure how much Disney pays attention to this category of their business. We're pretty fringe.

I'd imagine there licensing folks spend more time reviewing Star Wars piñatas and Halloween costumes than miniature games.

You know what they should do? Get all the EU writers together and have them pen an ultimate story about a villain who is trying to change the course of time to prevent something important from happening. Then there's some kickass independent colorful hero and his group that fights him.... But they ultimately fail. And at the end as the imperial star destroyer flies right over the screen of the new rebels show we hear in the background the true thing that the villain was trying to prevent. And it turns out he was the good guy after all.

Yknow something like how palatines attempt to unify the Galaxy was to help prepare for the vong invasion.

One big eff you to the EU discontinuity.

It's all speculation. Don't get your panties in a bunch. FFG will do what they can and put out what ships they can, all these threads about what they can and can't is all just guesses on the part of the poster of the thread. no real official word has come out, other than a short blurb at gencon, making it seem unlikely they will do Prequel ships. They want to make money at this and keep it going. I'm sure eventually they will look at all the possibilities. 

just my 2

it's ok.

it's ok, really.

Not to be the downer all the time but this sounds like everyone's excitement right before the release of the Phantom Menace.

Your paranoid. Disney and LFL are not going to cut off a potential source of revenue. And remember, Legends is still canon until contradicted by new stuff.

About the prequel stuff, remember what they are prepping the iron for. It doesn't make sense for the prequels to be a focus when they are getting the hype machine ready for Episode VII. And even then, it isn't being completely ignored. See, upcoming Clone Wars novel with Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventresss.

My bigger fear is that the iconic ships will see less table time than the EU ships, particularly the X-Wing itself.

Seems like a dumb fear to have but then some people are scared of mice.

If your really that worried then play your X-wings, I know my Defenders will love to spend some quality time with them B-)

The PT may have been bad but the Clone Wars series was actually good, after 5 1/2 years of the show I forgot how bad the PT was.... ****. 

So far Rebels seems to be a great mix of Firefly and the old WEG RPG so I'm loving it. Hope they introduce some nice ships FFG can bring into the game. I don't see the concern about the new characters mixing with the EU ones we already have in the game. I'm sure Fell would be happy to shoot at the Ghost and **** it I want a Gozanti.

I'm tempted to scratchbuild a starspeeder bus from ep 2 to use for the protect the shuttle mission. 

"I will not fear.  Fear is the the mind killer, the little death that leads to..."

However, Disney has told us they plan on releasing a Star Wars Movie every couple of years or so.  They are also releasing a tV show right now.  I think Disney is disregarding EU stuff and downplaying PT because they want to be able to build Star Wars back up from its foundation, its foundation being the OT.

Disney does not want FFG to make ships from the EU or the PT because it is going to want them to make ships from their new movies and TV shows.  I am sure the future stuff will be cool.

The fact that Disney has no plan to ever stop making Star War movies means that FFG can pretty much draw from the new Disney material for as long as they want.

Disney does not want FFG to make ships from the EU or the PT because it is going to want them to make ships from their new movies and TV shows.

Disney approved Wave 6 and there's some major EU stuff in that. The M3-A, the Starviper, ect...

I don't think Disney really cares much about what FFG makes EU wise, because the models may not be considered canon in any way so they don't matter. Plus FFG needs to put something out the door while waiting for Eps 7 to show up. Also there's a fair number of EU ships in Armada.

Don't forget that the lack of Prequel stuff is as much FFG's doing as Disney, because they decided from the start to not do any of those ships.

Edited by VanorDM