Sign in to follow this  
Jbird793

How far is too far

I've been playing xwing casual for several months now and I have to say my "addiction" is real. I catch myself wondering for hours about squads I wanna fly, pilots and upgrades that will go good together and ships I wanna build amongst other things. Now I'm thinking If the time I invest into thought is a little crazy or if everyone catches them self daydreaming about this game

I was trying to get to sleep one night when I started thinking about an upcoming game. If I put an HLC on Krassis, but then which crew member should I go for? Should I go with the ... zzzzzz  -_-

Yes, you can go too far sometimes. But is that a bad thing?

Edited by Parravon

First you need to have a tab open at all times with a squad builder, what if you get a new idea?

Then you will put every X-wing app imaginable on your phone (if it's a smartphone)

Then you will slowly start memorizing all the points so you might do the math for a new squad even when you're away from your computer and don't have your phone handy...

Then you will start calculating probabilities of something happening in your head.

Then you will start learning the rule of 11 and start making first two turns with your squad in formation, trying to visualize without any board what ranges you would have on which ship...

It's the slippery slope of thinking about X-wing

All it took was one intro game and my friend did the head-first penguin slide down the slippery slope into X-Wing and now he has more ships than me!

This game is amazing, though.

I've been playing xwing casual for several months now and I have to say my "addiction" is real. I catch myself wondering for hours about squads I wanna fly, pilots and upgrades that will go good together and ships I wanna build amongst other things. Now I'm thinking If the time I invest into thought is a little crazy or if everyone catches them self daydreaming about this game

Day dreaming about X-Wing while doing other stuff (like chores) is not taking too far; it's called developping a multi-tasking ability (while making the chore less boring)!

My friends was the same I bought the core we played a game next week I showed up he'd bought the core a falcon an a-wing and a Y, of course at that point in the UK all I could get were ties and advanced`s.

I demoed a game for a friend and the next week he shows up with $250 of stuff! 

I have to say I love X-wing Companion app.  It makes daydreaming about lists so much easier.  I think about this game a lot, but that's OK.  :)  It's only a problem when I can't pay my bills or personal relationships suffer....or I start sleeping with the minis! 

One of us! One of us!

Oh no. Last night while at 4 AM i was like: Hmm if put a Rec Spec on the BH i would have to give up the HLC on the defender, but then i could also put a shield on Soontir...but i like the damage output of the HLC, but shields are goood on Soontir, but then...zzzz

Then when i woke up i immediately checked this forum, then i was squad building in my head while Destiny.

Nothing's too far when it comes too X-wing.

Edited by tiefanatic

IN A GALAXY TO FAR AWAY...

How about this? My friend bought the starter, we havn't gotten around to play a game yet, but i already own two  B-wings on the off chance we get to play. :)

Actually that's not that bad: if i total up all the time and money i've spent on Magic the gathering... Ho boy!

Especially sobering is the moment when you play against a kid who wasn't even born when you got into MTG.

Edited by Robin Graves

When I got into magic the urza saga had just finished, trees were greener back then and the sky didn't have holes in it allowing deadly radiation to sunburn hundreds a year, what a dark and cruel place the world has become.

Urza's saga? Gah, whippersnapper! :)

I got into it with Revised and Fallen Empires. When i got the 1st Inquest magazine and i saw that i had missed four expansions, i was sad. Little did i know how long it would keep going.

Once every decade I almost get tired of it... Almost.

Edited by Robin Graves

When I got into magic the urza saga had just finished, trees were greener back then and the sky didn't have holes in it allowing deadly radiation to sunburn hundreds a year, what a dark and cruel place the world has become.

Urza's saga? Gah, whippersnapper! :)

I got into it with Revised and Fallen Empires. When i got the 1st Inquest magazine and i saw that i had missed four expansions, i was sad. Little did i know how long it would keep going.

Once every decade I almost get tired of it... Almost.

Sadly my friends arnt into magic so I don't collect atm, we have a very competitive friend that put the others off with his fairy deck, it was pretty brutal for newcomers and it got a bit nasty, so my decks went back into the cupboard.

Sadly my friends arnt into magic so I don't collect atm, we have a very competitive friend that put the others off with his fairy deck, it was pretty brutal for newcomers and it got a bit nasty, so my decks went back into the cupboard.

That's to bad. I try not to be overcompetitive with my friends, but we do play to win. The one thing we haven't done is make a deck based on stealing creatures and control magic because one of my friends (let's call him David)  WILL quit the game if we all make decks like that.  He REALLY doesn't like it when you swipe his possessions.

Something my group learned during one epic game of the Munchkin boardgame. (I swiped his pet dragon: several rounds later he's the only one still left alive, gotten to level 20, looting our corpses and getting his pet dragon back!)