Sign in to follow this  
Bakura83

Quick x-wing community poll regarding Imperial Assault and Armada:

At first I wanted both (and still might end up buying both), but the more time pass, the more reason is taking over and I'll only invest in Imperial Assault. I have a hard time finding time for a 2 players-only game and I give it all to X-Wing. If I get into Armada, it will only dilute my time playing X-Wing. 

Imperial Assault on the other hand fits a perfect spot. 2 time per month in our gaming night, we are at least 6+ players. One of those night is for Edge of the Empire, the other is for other games like Resistance, Zombicide, City of Horror, etc. The 2 other times (we meet once a week at my place) we are 4-5 players. I'll make one of those night into an Imperial Assault night. Plus, I always wanted to try Descent but got a little tired of the fantasy setting and got interested too late so the investment would be too big.

So, the money I would have put into Armada, I'll keep and buy other boardgames for the 2 nights left.

I'm undecided, but like the idea of IA more than Armada atm... because I can use the miniatures and tile with the FFG star wars RPGs.

Both look great, but at $100 for a starter, and then needing to buy a bunch of expansions, I don't really see myself getting either, especially with Scum & Villainy and wave 5 on the way. 

If IA had a 2 player co-op, or solo game mode (like Gears Of War has) then I'd buy it to play when I can get a game with friends. As is, if I'm playing a two player game it's X-Wing, and if there's 3 or more players I'll probably be playing the rpg.

I'm undecided, but I like the idea of Imperial Assault more than Armada at the moment. These are definitely games I'm going to play when other people buy them before I jump in myself. Isn't that part of what gaming groups are for?

Armada Starter is pre-ordered; very excited about its more mechanistic nature (e.g. less imidiate decision making due to delayed actions)

Actually, one of the things that felt very different from X-wing when I demoed Armada was that you can react immediately when you move. So movement is made after having a perfect knowledge where all other fighters and capital ships are. I like X-wing better in that respect, though the command stack does bring that planning aspect back in, which is fantastic!

I have no interest in either.

Imperial Assault I genuinely have no interest in.

Armada I am interested in, but will not be pursuing due to lack of funds to support my interest in yet another game system.

Sticking solely to X-Wing until I see people playing the others in my area AND I develop a more than passing interest.  I have small collections for far too many miniature games already, so now I intend to focus on the games I enjoy A LOT.

Not interested in either IA or Armada.  I play/collect too many games already.   I already have rules/models I am quite happy with for fleet actions as well as ground based Sci-Fi.

Sorry, FFG, not interested this time but fear not, you'll still be able to collect my XWM $$$.

Edited by Chris Maes

I'm definitely getting Armada hopefully there will be a lull or a continued bit of pirate stuff around so I can focus on building my forces up before more imperial stuff comes out that I need to buy.

And as for Imperial Assault it looks fun but I think I'd rather play a game that focuses more on ground combat rather than a RPG. All the same that game still looks cool.

Amazing to see so much support for Armada.

In my group of friends the ground battles in SW were always talked about/highlighted unlike the space battles. I guess that's what happens when you play so much Battlefront hehe.

I mean I love X-wing but I got into it mainly because it was a popular game with a tight rule system set in the Star Wars universe (although the ships and pilots have definitely started to grow on me).

So Imperial Assault seems to have captured the attention of my gaming group. 

Besides, I don't think Armada will be able to evoke the same sense of awe and wonder when you see a Transport/CR90 on the board surrounded by smaller ships.