Sign in to follow this  
Terrorping

Opportunist quickie !

I'm probably over thinking it but the card text states ( paraphrasing ) if the " target has no focus or evade tokens " . As its an OR noit an AND, can the target have a focus but not an evade and the effect still kicks in?

Cheers.

The effect cannot kick in unless the target has neither an Evade or Focus token. If any green tokens are present, you cannot activate Opportunist.

That is how I read it. I can see some room for the alternate interpretation though.

Just for everyone's reference, here is the full text.

When attacking, if the defender does not have any focus or evade tokens, you may receive 1 stress token to roll 1 additional attack die.

You cannot use this ability if you have any stress tokens.

Edited by Forgottenlore

Huh. That's an interesting way to read the rules.

"...if the defender does not have any focus [tokens] or [does not have any] evade tokens..."

I wouldn't have realized it could be read that way, but I kind of see where you're coming from. Definitely agree with the others though that it's not the correct way to interpret the card. The card is talking about "focus or evade" as a lump. If the card had meant to only need either no focus or no evade tokens, it would have been much easier/clearer to write it as:

"...if the defender has no focus tokens or no evade tokens..."

Edited by MrCorellian