Sign in to follow this  
Black Knight Leader

An announcement about two new Star Wars products

So does this mean Soontir Fel is Canon now??

No, the publisher said it is part of legends an not canon.

From what I saw they only said it was legends and legends isn't noncanon going by what writers have said very recently about legends.  Did they say else where other than facebook that this book is also noncanon?

The Battlefield series has turned into some weird mmo/diablo style grind fest to get competitive equipment.  It started when EA got ahold of it.  I'm sure a new Battlefront will be exactly the same.  EA (smartly) found a way to monetize people's addictive tendencies even in games that traditionally weren't that way, like shooters.

despise grinding.  I don't play any MMO that makes me do anything other than enjoy the game (so pretty much no mmos, lol).  I have come to realize that most people actually like being gated from the content by hours of repetition.  I know I'm in the minority, because games of this type are pretty much taking over the industry.  Most people like grinding and trying to get better lewt.  Not me.

If it makes a difference EA did say they weren't going to just re-skin there stuff from Battlefield and make it look like Star Wars...

ps When the TIE Defender was a prototype apparently it had 6 laser cannons and not 4 laser cannons and two ion cannons.

6 Laser cannons would be 4 Atack then.

40 points for the defender base model?

Yes that could work BUT since this is a prototype what else do you think was different about it?  Would you throw on or take off other features to make it more prototypey?

I forget which game it was now, back around when Attack of the Clones came out. They retconned the TIE Defender in that game to be a six laser prototype. it didn't have shields, was slightly faster and more maneuverable. Also if I remember right it didn't have any warheads either, only guns. There was a female ace Defender pilot that I think flew a six gun prototype Defender with no shields well after the Battle of Endor. Wizards of the Coast had a write up about her back in the day when they did the star wars RPG stuff. The Empire had Baron Fel kill her.

Edited by AlphaTwo

I forget which game it was now, back around when Attack of the Clones came out. They retconned the TIE Defender in that game to be a six laser prototype. it didn't have shields, was slightly faster and more maneuverable. Also if I remember right it didn't have any warheads either, only guns. There was a female ace Defender pilot that I think flew a six gun prototype Defender with no shields well after the Battle of Endor. Wizards of the Coast had a write up about her back in the day when they did the star wars RPG stuff. The Empire had Baron Fel kill her.

I wouldnt call it a retcon persay but I think your talking about force corruption.  Harldy anything in that mechanics wise is true to canon excluding stuff that orignated from that game series.

As for the pilot that Baron Fel killed I dont know if her TIE Defender was a prototype (Redstar 1) but it was heavily customized enough that it for now is concidered the most leathel TIE Defender to ever exist.  It had stronger shields, more advanced fire control and more powerful LASERs.  I forget HER name but she was a Countess that felt she was Baron Fels rival, she became to aggresive when it came to defending her assigned territory and started killing innocent Imperials.  Baron Fel didnt care much for that.  Redstar 1 is now one with the aniverse.

Thanks Black Knight Leader! It's been so long since I read that I couldn't remember all the details about it and now I know what to look up. Thanks again!

Also found the game I was thinking of, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds from 2001. I'm surprised I was able to find it, that was a long time ago now. I actually found my box and CD for it lol.

The Battlefield series has turned into some weird mmo/diablo style grind fest to get competitive equipment.  It started when EA got ahold of it.  I'm sure a new Battlefront will be exactly the same.  EA (smartly) found a way to monetize people's addictive tendencies even in games that traditionally weren't that way, like shooters.

despise grinding.  I don't play any MMO that makes me do anything other than enjoy the game (so pretty much no mmos, lol).  I have come to realize that most people actually like being gated from the content by hours of repetition.  I know I'm in the minority, because games of this type are pretty much taking over the industry.  Most people like grinding and trying to get better lewt.  Not me.

Quoting myself "<sigh> ok i'm bored of this now" Followed by me getting another game, and not playing that one for like, a year. I just got "bored" of destiny, a game I played for 2-3 weeks after paying a full 70 canucky bucks for. I got bored by diablo III in less time. Bored by The old republic within a month. Bored by ME3 multiplayer. I could go on. The best Battlefield games were 1 and Vietnam.

Quoting myself "<sigh> ok i'm bored of this now" Followed by me getting another game, and not playing that one for like, a year. I just got "bored" of destiny, a game I played for 2-3 weeks after paying a full 70 canucky bucks for. I got bored by diablo III in less time. Bored by The old republic within a month. Bored by ME3 multiplayer. I could go on. The best Battlefield games were 1 and Vietnam.

BF: Vietnam was great!  I loved just grabbing a Huey and ferrying infantry around while blasting some Creedence or Ride of the Valkyries.  It's a shame what these games have become, because I know how they used to be :(