Sign in to follow this  
Black Knight Leader

An announcement about two new Star Wars products

Just thought you should all know at the Microsoft online store you can preorder Star Wars Battle front for Xbox 1, and also "Star Wars Imperial Handbook A commanders guide" is coming out October 20th.  After reading some pages, apparently Baron Fel has flown every Imperial Fighter during there prototype phase, and he has commentaries on the TIE Aggressor, TIE Hunter, and TIE Defender.

ps When the TIE Defender was a prototype apparently it had 6 laser cannons and not 4 laser cannons and two ion cannons.

I'm gonna wait and see on the new battlefront game, its got EA's prints on it and that doesn't make me feel good about it.

Actually, I'm thinking it won't suck as bad as the first one with EA on it.  The game is basically Battlefield set in Star Wars.  I've loved the BF series since the begining.  I was stoked to find the Star Wars version of it....except it was botched.  It was utterly unbalanced.  I kept thinking that they should've just gotten the Battlefield people to work on it and it wouldnt' suck so bad.  Looks like they are.  Good job.

Actually, I'm thinking it won't suck as bad as the first one with EA on it.  The game is basically Battlefield set in Star Wars.  I've loved the BF series since the begining.  I was stoked to find the Star Wars version of it....except it was botched.  It was utterly unbalanced.  I kept thinking that they should've just gotten the Battlefield people to work on it and it wouldnt' suck so bad.  Looks like they are.  Good job.

Still overly cautious about it even with DICE attached to it, EA's grubby mitts are on it.

Every since I saw that first spoiler for the new Battlefront I knew I was going to be standing outside Gamestop at midnight for my copy.    Well I'm older now so maybe not... maybe I'll just grab it that next day on my lunch break.    Or maybe I'll actually schedule a day off work and pretend to be a kid again and play video games all day.   

Battlefront is going to be amazing.    Absolutely worth getting on day 1.   And I say that knowing virtually nothing about it.   But it's Star Wars so..... take my money!

I'm gonna wait and see on the new battlefront game, its got EA's prints on it and that doesn't make me feel good about it.

Yeah that does worry me a bit BUT from here on out EA is going to be making 90% of our SW games...  I have no clue how area 52 was able to make that cancelled X-Wing game since I saw a news thingy saying EA bought the rights to make SW game, I thought it was exclusive.

I favor games that follow lore over game balance.  Thats one thing I love about most SW games because thats how they designed them.  I just feel theres no point balancing factions in any game, unless its a univeres we have just been introduced too, because it betrays the source material.  Your character may look like a Storm Trooper but if he doesnt have weapons or gear that works like storm trooper gear than your not really playing as a Storm Trooper. 

The AvP games and ACM are good examples of them following canon YET because of player adaptability you dont see Monkey Boys or Yautja steam rolling other factions nonstop.  To a unskilled player playing the Alien is a trap BUT really playing as most Aliens is much like playing a TIE Fighter vs any Reb fighter in online PvP conflicts. 

Pick your fights, strike from the Shadows and return once you came, never fight fair, always use your special adaptive traits to your advantage, AND ALWAYS EAT YOUR ENEMIES BRAINS.  See the tactics used by aliens are identical too TIE Pilot tactics.

Yeah, how about that Battlefield 4 launch? I would not touch an EA game on day 1. Let them work the kinks out of the system.

Besides, who wants to pre-order a game 2 years ahead of time...

But they have a jiant shark ing BF4 its so big I got to replace all G words with J becauce JAWS.

It's Q2-3 of 2015, so I'm not particularly worried about it at the moment. Not when I'm scrambling to find time to level my Hunter in Destiny, at any rate.

You picked the wrong game, ALIEN: Isolation is uber supergreen wizard awesomesauce.

ALIEN: ISOLATION in space everyones pants are brown.

You know what? Trash Battlefront. Give us Republic Commando 2.

Errr.  Well if they trash SWBF I would rather have SW XvsTIE II and or SW TIEFIGHTER 2.

So does this mean Soontir Fel is Canon now??

Most likely not. The Imperial Handbook was already in production and couldn't be canceled when Disney brought the hammer down on all things EU. It's like with all the legends books that came out recently. They were too far long to cancel, too much lost money. But I really really hope it does mean Fel is back in the canon again.

I think EA will do a good job with Battlefront and Star Wars games in general. Disney will keep a tight grip on EA's chain. EA has too much at risk if they foul up again. Disney gives and Disney takes away, contracts mean nothing to them. They have so much money they can just pull a contract/license from a company and just take the fine like it's nothing. Just like they did a few months ago with Dark Horse comics. The Emperor is more forgiving then Disney is.

I think EA will do a good job with Battlefront and Star Wars games in general. Disney will keep a tight grip on EA's chain. EA has too much at risk if they foul up again. Disney gives and Disney takes away, contracts mean nothing to them. They have so much money they can just pull a contract/license from a company and just take the fine like it's nothing. Just like they did a few months ago with Dark Horse comics. The Emperor is more forgiving then Disney is.

But Disney didn't violate their contract with Dark Horse--they just didn't extend a new license when the previous one ended. And as I understand it, nobody at Dark Horse or elsewhere was really caught off-guard by it.

But Disney didn't violate their contract with Dark Horse--they just didn't extend a new license when the previous one ended. And as I understand it, nobody at Dark Horse or elsewhere was really caught off-guard by it.

What I saw over on the Dark Horse forums and a few things by the star wars comics staff they might not of been caught off guard but they were certainly backstabbed by Disney. They had expected it last year but then Disney told them they wouldn't take the license away. Then this year they did just that. I think DH was suppose to have the license for another two years before it had to be renewed again.

No, the DH license was ending this year. They may have hoped for a renewal, but it didn't happen.

Disney can't just negate Lucasfilm's contracts. Otherwise, Fox and Sony would've lost their superheroes a long time ago.

The Battlefield series has turned into some weird mmo/diablo style grind fest to get competitive equipment.  It started when EA got ahold of it.  I'm sure a new Battlefront will be exactly the same.  EA (smartly) found a way to monetize people's addictive tendencies even in games that traditionally weren't that way, like shooters.

despise grinding.  I don't play any MMO that makes me do anything other than enjoy the game (so pretty much no mmos, lol).  I have come to realize that most people actually like being gated from the content by hours of repetition.  I know I'm in the minority, because games of this type are pretty much taking over the industry.  Most people like grinding and trying to get better lewt.  Not me.