Sign in to follow this  
ghaerdon2

Money going to IA

Well I don't know about many of you but I will be spending far less on X Wing as my funds get diverted to Imperial Assault.

**** FFG but I only have so much fun money. I also made the decision not to support Armada for the same financial reasons. If I did, X Wing would suffer.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Nope all my money is going to x-wing (and beer and maybe bacon).

I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you skins, but you must be mentally unstable to suggest that spending money on bacon is only a "maybe".

I actually get a kick out of the fact that the home page has announced the soon arrival of a Dice Pack for the game, when the game itself is probably 3-6 months out.  Sweet.

Will def be picking up Imperial Assault! I'm gonna wait on Armada to see if i truly want to play it. I just hope i dont wait to pull the trigger on Armada as i did on X wing.

And to be 100% honest, I've been thinking about dropping some dough on Netrunner... I have fond memories of the ccg from my younger days.

I'm considering picking up IA. Not really sure why it would eat up money over the long term though; isn't it a one-time purchase of a board game?

The impression I got at gencon was that the initial game could be played basically as a Star Wars dungeon crawl board game, but that there were also rules covering how to turn it into a more standard skirmish wargame, which is going to continue to be supported with expansions.

I'm considering picking up IA. Not really sure why it would eat up money over the long term though; isn't it a one-time purchase of a board game?

The impression I got at gencon was that the initial game could be played basically as a Star Wars dungeon crawl board game, but that there were also rules covering how to turn it into a more standard skirmish wargame, which is going to continue to be supported with expansions.

Ah, ok. My only interest was in a dungeon-crawl type game, so the base game would be all that's necessary.

I looked at the title and said:  "Money to IA?  Didn't they just have their big tourney?"  And then I realized that was a different abbreviation.

If I could afford it I would invest in Armada.  I'm all over the human-scale squad based Star Wars miniatures after five years of Star Wars Miniatures.

Honestly, I would rather play a dogfighting miniatures game than a dungeon crawler.

Unless, somehow, they include Imperial Commandos in IA, I'd choose X-wing over Imperial Assault any day. Just my opinion though.

I sort of figured Imperial Assault was a back door way of using the license to produce RPG figures. I think it is a great idea, and if I played the RPG I would be all over the game. But I don't, so I won't. Coupled with the price of Armada I think I will just pick up bits and pieces that strike my fancy, like a stand alone ISD for example.

I used to play 40k by comparison the money I spend on x-wing is chump change, I've pre ordered armarda and wave 6 and I didn't even blink.

Well that explains your hobo status.

Given the ample time to prepare I doubt Armada will cut into X-wing for me. At least not for a while. Here in a year or two is anyone's guess. As long as their not dropping releases for both games at the same time it shouldn't be too bad.

Depends on how Imperial Assault and also on Armada plays as games. I would more than likely NOT be buying those games as soon as it comes out. Call me strange but I don't jump on the "whats brand new" bandwagon (I still haven't changed from XBOx 360 to One or from Wii ti Wii-U). Anyways I wait to see how it is for other games, I never got into X-wing until Wave 3 and now I have at least 1 of each ship that comes out. But that was on the merits of X-wing and how it plays as a game as well as finding other players for it.

If Assault or Armada turn out to be a decent game and I start to see it being played by others, then I will considering getting into it depending on how much it will cost me and how others like to game (so I don't have to beg for one). I have bought many games (card and board and miniatures) where I had no one to play with, while a video game you can get away with single play solitaire games are not as fun. And if I can't find players for either Assault or Armada then I won't pick up those packs. If I do I might use it as a campaign or novelty item for X-wing instead of a game.

Well I don't know about many of you but I will be spending far less on X Wing as my funds get diverted to Imperial Assault.

**** FFG but I only have so much fun money. I also made the decision not to support Armada for the same financial reasons. If I did, X Wing would suffer.

Anyone else feeling the same?

I'd rather have too little money to spend on too many awesome products, than too much money with no good games to spend it on... Wait... What am I saying, no I would take way too much money and just buy happiness.. 'Mercia!

First, thanks for this post. I had no idea what Imperial Assault was until I read this then looked it up.

I would live to play that game, and I'd buy all the sets to be released.

But I do t think I can, because there just isn't enough gaming time. :(

I don't play nearly enough x-wing compared to how much I think about it, and I try to balance that with my "main" game of Warmachine...

Adding another game that requires me to go out and meet up with even more people is likely a ticket to bankruptcy... In both time and money. :P

I'll still probably buy the game...

I won't be going to the Imperial Assault game. Just not interested in it. Although it would be tempting to paint up the AT-ST from it. If it's a decent size. But as for Armada I'll be totally getting into that. If for no other reason than I've waited 20 years now (the first VSD's showed up in the TIE Fighter PC game in 1994) for someone to make a model or a toy or other wise physical repsentation of a Victory Class Star Destroyer. At long last I'll have one to put up on the shelf.