Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

I find I fly better when correctly dressed....

Excellent stuff!

Say, got a potential solution to the visibility problem but it might be a tad late to do so now- what about a screen, say, a Camera, linked to a battery in the helmet, and the camera is hidden on the surface of the helmet? The screen being your phone, perhaps.

I'm just going to get better quality bubble lenses.   The ones the helmets come with are just not that good.

I've got a spare TIE helmet and that doesnt have any lenses in at the mo so when i've saved up i'll just get some new ones.

Moneys a bit tight at the mo, i sold tons of old warhammer stuff of mine to raise the cash bit by bit for the costume.

I'd paid for the armour and hoses ages ago but they were lost in transit so i only got them recently when they finally got here.  Did come with a second helmet thouhh which i dont need so i may sell it and use the proceeds for better lens and some internal padding.

its fun as a haloween costume but not *that* comfortable when its on.   You know the stormtrooper who bangs his head on the doorframe in ANH.... i can totally see how that happened when you wear these helmets :)

We have yet to find out.

the wife outranks me as she's a fleet officer and a major in her kit so we'll see if she pulls rank in our next game :)

If you didn't know it already, your wife always outranks you, no matter her attire. ;)

Aren't you a little tall for a TIE Fighter pilot?

My friend Geordie used to have a stormtrooper set of armour (proper film prop quality) and he was about 5'5" and he was *always* getting people saying 'arnt you a little short for a stormtrooper'.  It got to the point where we'd be at conventions and some one would say 'arnt...' and he would be 'DONT!'

It ceased to be funny after the first few hundred times he heard it :)

Actually thats a lie, i cant see a bloody thing in this helmet but it looks the business :)

tiecostume_zps7026a3c6.jpg

I'm holding off on the x-wing miniatures cosplay until I can realistically portray someone other than Jek Porkins...

...although Fat Han would actually make sense in this scenario.

How to cosplay Fat Han.

Carry a literal pocket full of cheetos.

Tape the right cards to your vest for all to see.

Be Fat Han.

That is one awesome uniform! I had the same problem with my TIE Helmet, do you have the old don post/rubies bucket too ? I removed the lens and replaced them with flat lens. I couldn't find any bubble lens that I could decently see out of. If you haven't already check out the Jolly Rogers group with the 501st. Learn more than you ever wanted to know about TIE Pilots there.

Yup im on the JRS forums and its a rubies lid, both of mine are.    I've got some tweaking to do , I just needed to get it good enough for haloween this year, after that i'll get it passed and 'film quality'.  :)

Although i'm sorely tempted when funds allow (or i can sell off enough old gw) to get a rebel pilots set up, mind you orange isnt my colour so i'd probably go A wing.

I really like the bo-shek suit but 1950s pilots suits cost a fortune.