Sign in to follow this  
Doctor X

Where's Joe Diamond?

Just opening the box now and looking at the investigators and can't help noticing a distinct lack of Joe Diamond, Private Eye.  Where has the hero of Arkham Horror AND Elder Sign gone???

FFG decided to not reuse the base AH investigators in EH. While I do miss some (in particular Harvey), I appreciate gettig to use the investigators from the varied AH expansions.

Yeah, even though it sucks breaking the tradition of Harvey in virtually every Call of Cthulhu item out there (from the RPG 'test character' on out), I'm generally happy with the choices. Would have liked some really new characters that more accurately represented the makeup of the world, but I've complained about that before.

Krys,

there are some elements appeared in the game that could raise hopes in the direction you mentioned. Mountains of Madness is coming with two AOs, and one we know for sure is not following the traditional Arkham Horror line - no trace of Rise of the Elder Things anywhere in AH. I don't think this is casual, and I don't think (but it's just a personal view on this; I honestly have no idea of what's next, after MoM is released) it will remain a lonely voice in a (frozen) desert. Hence, maybe new characters will be coming too. At the moment (with MoM released) we'll be having 20 investigators available out of Arkham's 48. It's a good starting point. I don't think we'll see new investigators as long as there are old investigators to revisit: both because the new faces won't be possible to pair up with minis, and because other AH-files games keep on re-visiting the old (see the coming Gates of Arkham for Elder Sign - Akachi was shown on the preview - and the new characters arrived with the latest expansion for Omens)

So, to sum the pre-coffee delirium up... yep, I think we'll see them, but not in the immediate future.

Adding my - and I hope you can feel the sadness in it - voice to the "where are all the good old characters" faction (if there ever was one). Not only am I a definite Harvey fan, there is a definite dearth of scholarly characters in the base box. Still it's allright, there's bound to be some new ones in forbidden lore! Too bad there aren't. Guess I'll go moutains of madness... Not yet released in french (still had to resort to this since I couldn't find a reasonably priced copy of forbidden lore in english). Also not much of interest by way of characters (IMHO). Guess I'll have to make my own. Does anyone know of some guide rule to translate rpg characters to EH? Is there a pdf character sheet anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Edited by Murius

Well, problem solved by way of custom characters. Even got cheap passport holders online so it looks great on the table! :)

Edited by Murius