Sign in to follow this  
Ikka

The Rebels Ghost Theorycrafting

So, like many of you, this week I watched the Rebels cartoon. I was actually impressed and pleased with it- not nearly as cartoony/kiddie focused as the Clone Wars in my opinion.

Anyway, given that it is likely we will see the Ghost as a future large Rebel ship, what will the stats be? Since I'm not extremely proficient with theorycrafting, give me your ideas. The only thing I would really like to see is the Ghost have both a front and rear firing arc (due to the rear blasters) while having the option for a turret upgrade. This would give the Rebs a Firespray-like ship rather than another large Rebel 360 primary ship.

as cartoony/kiddie focused as the Clone Wars in my opinion.

3612444.gif

The clone wars was not kiddie.  :P

That said. Rebels is great. All I need from X-Wing is a Chopper card because Chopper is the best. 

I think the Ghost would probably end up running more expensive than the falcon, and i'll be very interested to see if it ends up being a huge or large ship. 

edit: 

Also a quintuple decapitation.  YivIpP3.gif

Edited by RogueLieutenant

No blood = kiddie, unless it's an alien then your allowed to bleed which is just speciesist.

Rear arc is that little ship so that's two damage I reckon, two sounds right for turret and three up front.

It's clearly got strong shields so six shields four hull possibly eleven hit points total but not much more for balance reasons.

Zero agility? It never really showed much in the way of agility, we've not seen it fire missiles so target lock and focus would be its actions as I don't think barrel roll fits and no way can that thing take an evade action.

No blood = kiddie, unless it's an alien then your allowed to bleed which is just speciesist.

Rear arc is that little ship so that's two damage I reckon, two sounds right for turret and three up front.

It's clearly got strong shields so six shields four hull possibly eleven hit points total but not much more for balance reasons.

Zero agility? It never really showed much in the way of agility, we've not seen it fire missiles so target lock and focus would be its actions as I don't think barrel roll fits and no way can that thing take an evade action.

Was there any blood in the OT? I don't recall a single drop of blood, though I'm surely wrong. Luke got his hand chopped, but it was instantly cauterized.

Was there any blood in the OT? I don't recall a single drop of blood, though I'm surely wrong. Luke got his hand chopped, but it was instantly cauterized.

The star wars movies are kids movies, no blood no harsh language etc just because they are for kids does not mean adults can't enjoy them but they were never intended to be adult films like terminator or aliens.

Ok, apparently my comment on the show derailed the intended conversation. Let's forget whether any of the shows/movies are kiddie or not. I apologize if i offended anyone who liked the Clone Wars and took offense. Back to the Ghost.

It has no torpedoes or missiles, so you could be looking at two weapon upgrades in Cannon and/or Turret slots. With Chopper, it could possibly be the only large ship with an Astromech slot, and I think having Decimator-like 3 Crew slots might be probable (with Sabine, Ezra, and Garazeb each having a unique card). Let's be honest, FFG is likely to capitalize on the shop's popularity, if it becomes very popular, and having the entire Rebels crew with unique cards will draw in non player fans of the show.

Watching rotj now with my 14-month old. Han has blood on his hands when Leia pops those two troopers after getting shot.

It's blood spray as the wound is taken that's considered unsuitable for kids, it's not my rules talk to the censors.

Frankly I think pushing the message violence is okay but intimacy isn't is messed up anyhow, it's okay for kids myself included to watch violence like predator and Robocop but if there's a sex scene even a mild pg-13 one people lose their minds.

Cantina.. after Ben lops off arms.. blood on the floor.. so.. Blood.. 

Edited by oneway

Energy-based guns kill by flash-burning, so there isn't necessarily any blood there. Lightsabers cauterize as they cut, so not a lot of blood there. What do you want, wookies actually ripping arms off of people? A Rancor slowly, messily chewing someone to death? Kids are going to be watching it, sure, so it can't be a gorefest, but a lot of the stuff in later seasons was pretty mature fare as that sort of show goes. SW on the whole isn't about gallons of blood spattering everywhere. That's never been their style.

Cantina.. after Ben lops off arms.. blood on the floor.. so.. Blood.. 

Added late in production specifically -- and somewhat awkwardly -- to avoid getting a G rating so the film wouldn't be seen as kiddie fare.

OT films were not kiddie films.  They were young adult films.  Aimed at the 14-18 crowd.  The content and topics were deep enough that they could appeal to older viewers.

NT films were aimed a bit lower (8-12 range).

Clone wars movie was aimed at an even younger crowd (6-10 range).  The clone wars cartoons came out of that and followed suit for the age range.  Seriously, watch the first couple seasons.  It's Jar Jar gags with an occasional blaster injury.  As the series progressed, the content matured.  The later seasons in particular get very dark and the violence gets ramped up also.

The people that tried the series early on and were turned off by the content aimed at younger viewers never returned to see the matured show.

Astromech slots are more reserved for those ships that have the R-unit in a socket.  Like R2 on the Falcon, Chopper isn't socketed into the Ghost, so I doubt we'd see an Astromech slot.  I can definitely see a Chopper crew card though.

I'd say it wold get a 1 Agility - it was at least as maneuverable as a YT-1300.

I would give it a 2 Primary Attack value from Hera's guns, and 2 Turret Slots.

I agree with the 11 HP, 6 Shields 5 Hull.

Hera would be PS9, though I'm not sure what her special would be.  Based on her always needing to keep people on task though I would say an appropriate one might be to use 2 Crew actions per turn or something similar.