Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roxas_Lawliet

Changing times and changing cards

Recommended Posts

Ecomics, Mr. Dawn and myself were talking tonight and we were wondering what if we changed the effects of certain cards, and well we talked about every single card currently in the game and this is the list we came up with.  Now none of this is finalized but we think it's interested and it does certainly add a lot of flavor to the game.  Having Tidus as phil removal we felt was key.

 

Changes made:

Set 1:
Donald lvl 3 [draw one card] (added effect)
Goofy lvl 3 [draw one card] (added effect)
Bambi lvl 4 [draw 3 cards] (changed)
Dumbo lvl 3 [-2 POW instead of 1]
Fire Blizzard and Thunder ( Changed to lvl 1)
Shadow [you can have as many in your deck as you wish]
Large Body [now has 20POW]
Traverse Town lvl 2 [No dark limit, CioP effect to search for a Goofy or Donald card and put it into your hand]
 

Set 2:
Sally [You may discard this card to get a jack from your discard into play]
Jiminy Cricket [his effect could be used once a turn]
Tidus [he can now discard lvl 1 friends as well as lvl 0 friends]
Yuffie [she now has +6 support value]
Leon [He can be used as a target for simba and gravity spells]
Mushu lvl 2 [changed effect: CioP effect: flame effect: deal 4 damage divided to any amount of dark cards in play]
Mushu lvl 3 [Changed effect CioP effect: flame effect: deal 5 damage divded to any amount of dark cards in play]
Mushu lvl 4 [Changed effect CioP effect: flame effect: deal 6 damage divded to any amount of dark cards in play]
Dumbo lvl 4 [-3 POW instead of -1]
Tinker Bell lvl 4 [You gain +3 HP instead of +2]
Gravity [now a lvl 3 spell: Choose a friend card in play and discard it]
Gravira [now a lvl 4 spell: Choose 2 friend cards in play and discard them]
Graviga [now a lvl 5 spell: Discard all friend cards in play note: this card can only be played during your action phase]
Stop [ Your world area must have no dark cards in order to play this card.  Your opponent may not play dark/heartless on your worlds until the end of your next turn]
Stopra [Discard your top world: Choose and discard a world card in play Note: this effect may only happen once during your turn and you can only play this card during your action phase]
Stopga [Discard your top world: The turn immediately ends]
Aero [Your opponent chooses and discards one card from their hand]
Metal Chocobo [+4 now instead of +2]
White mushroom [added effect: this card can only be damaged by magic cards and magic effects]
Pot spider [You may have this ability trigger more than once]
Aquatank [it's effect works if it is played as a friend card]
Search Ghost [it's effect works if it is played as a friend card]
Invisible [now has 15POW]
Defender [Now has 18POW and an added effect of: Damage dealt by attack cards to this card is reduced to zero.  Damage dealt by magic cards and magic effects is doubled]
Queen of Hearts [Now discards all alices and White rabbits in play and no Alice or White rabbit cards can be played]
Clayton [errated to The player whose world where this card is placed cannot escape]
Wonderland lvl 3 [you can now play friend cards]
Coliseum lvl 2 [you can now search for any lvl herc]
Neverland lvl 1 [Players cannot play worlds that share a name and level with a world already in play.]
Hundred Acre Wood [place 3 counters on this card.  At the end of your turn remove 1 counter from this world.  as long there is a counter on this card, players may not enter the challenge phase]
End of the World [added effect: choose and discard an opponents world card from play no dark limit]


Set 3:
Dark riku: levels are now rounded down as well as POW, changed magic value to 3
Ansem: levels are now rounded down as well as POW, change magic value to 4
Donald lvl 3: set 1 lvl 3 stats
Goofy lvl 3: set 1 lvl 3 stats
Herc lvl 3: +5 instead of +4
Ariel lvl 4: negates all loss of hp until end of turn instead of -3hp
Merlin: merlin now has 6 magic value
Fairy Godmother: does not remove from the game after use
Alice: at the end of your discard phase each player chooses and discards one friend card from their friend area and discards it
White Rabbit: CioP effect: search your deck for a world card, reveal it and put it into your hard. shuffle your deck.
Piglet: you may discard piglet to trigger it's effect
Roo: CioP effect: Search your deck for a "Tigger" card, reveal it and put it into your hand then shuffle your deck.
Aerora: Draw 4 cards then choose 2 cards in your hand and discard them
Aeroga: your opponent discards all cards in his/her hand, draw one card.
Save the King: +5 support: if a friend card you control is forced to be discard you may choose to discard this card instead.
Lord Fortune: +1/+2 you may discard it from your donald anytime in order to fetch a magic card from your discard pile and place it into your hand
Solider: 8POW
Tornado Step: This card gets +x POW where x is equal to your opponents world count
Cresendo: this effect triggers when played as a friend card
Battleship: is now a lvl 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, makes dark a whole lot more playable as well as lots of the changes are the way certain cards should be imo, such as sally and pigglet.

Although I think theres too much good friend hate, and that makes leon an absolute staple(im assuming the change you guys want to leon is to make is effect still functional but optional) and that in turn makes dark crappy again :P, otherwise hes completly useless :P, anyway neat for a change, go house rules!!!

mostro + tidus (still searchable) + gravira = broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like alot of them the only beef i have is with HAW its so broke now.  if you play 3 thats 9 turns of no challenges and with stopra/aerora discarding worlds 2 aggro players will be eternally locked w/0 challenging them.  im sure WR would run 1 just for the 3 turns against aggro to so idk about that one but other than that gj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAW would definately be worth using a world discarder on though. 3 turns to come up with a plan B or slowly wittle your opponent down through out of battle damage, sounds like SoRL (Swords of Revealing Light) and NSC (Nightmare Steel Cage) from YGO combined.

Tidus would be good, but he may need to be semi limited. after all you do have Darkside for that, not to mention three of them seem a little broken for level 0's.

I would also like to see some of the older attack cards gain some abilities, it would farther serve the dark decks (meaning Riku) well to get a few new options in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GTrogi said:

 

I like it, makes dark a whole lot more playable as well as lots of the changes are the way certain cards should be imo, such as sally and pigglet.

Although I think theres too much good friend hate, and that makes leon an absolute staple(im assuming the change you guys want to leon is to make is effect still functional but optional) and that in turn makes dark crappy again :P, otherwise hes completly useless :P, anyway neat for a change, go house rules!!!

mostro + tidus (still searchable) + gravira = broken

 

 

Ya we wanted cards to make sense and not be dumb.  Good friend hate makes the game a bit more balanced and makes a lot of the equipment better as well giving you a reason to run goofy and save the king and things of that nature. I played a game of it with ecomics and though he drew garbs, it was fun to the see the chanes in the cards work so well.  Merlin becomes a lot better if you can play him since he stops WoG.  I haven't played dark but I'm sure it's a lot better since cage is a lot easier to play, just don't be a dumb-dumb and keep them for their leon, seemed obvious to me lengua.gif. Dark decks get a lot better with these changes though they'll never be top tier.  Leon is how he should be, a big dude with shroud basically.  we balanced out his effect by making the gravity spells have chooseable targets and keeping simba the way he is since you get a big guy out of him,  Makes simba sort of bad though :s

we wanted magic to be played and thus we have the magic cards actual useful abilities (personally favorite right now being Aerora/Careful consideration) so we figured having Tidus be removal for Magic hate was ideal.

Monstro+Tidus+Simba lvl 3 does the same thing now...what's the difference?

LOL I totally called HAW Swords too gran_risa.gif

We wanted to keep some of those attack cards the same for flavor and deck building purposes, since I think giving a card that gets beefed and would have triple the abilites?!?! yikes.

why has no one mentioned White Rabbit?!?!!?!?! TOO GOOD!!!! it is amazing, simply amazing. it can honestly win games now.  They are at 10 with castle and you just search for EotW and make them discard it!??!!? or getting monstro? or getting Isles? or stalling with HAWSwords? 

We forgot pot centipede, it puts the spiders on their world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Monstro+Tidus+Simba lvl 3 does the same thing now...what's the difference?

Huge difference imo, because of tidus, In the aggro aggro match up (now, which is kinda pointless in the end because I'm sure a different meta would come with this rules) I'll leave out three non-level 0s so that they need to draw 2 simbas as apposed to just tidus (D.Isle) + simba to get rid of sephy, but now even if you have say sephy triton and phil, there all gonners.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

why has no one mentioned White Rabbit?!?!!?!?! TOO GOOD!!!! it is amazing, simply amazing. it can honestly win games now.  They are at 10 with castle and you just search for EotW and make them discard it!??!!? or getting monstro? or getting Isles? or stalling with HAWSwords? 

Haha, About 2 minutes after I made my last post I re-read the first post and saw white rabbit :o rediculous!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swordsman_Joe said:

you guys have WAY too much free time on your hands

Ya know...this only took about an hour.  The three of us got on Skype and talked it out, one card at a time.  So...It's not a matter of us having too much time on our hands, we just know this game so well and know how we've always wanted certain cards to work that we just finally decided to write it all down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With as many cards as I've collected of each set (boxes.  Literally boxes of them), I can certainly say that I could easily make a deck (or two) of these cards 'n write the differences on the cards themselves 'n be able to play with their newfound abilities. 

I can certainly say that this is a good idea.  I've thought of differences before, but this is on a much greater scale, persay. 

Kudos, mates.  Keep at it, aye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee I dunno about some of these changes.

Large Body with 20 Pow?  20 Pow on a level 3 card?  Meaning 10 Support Value in the friend area OR a 20 Pow card in the very early game?

That's pretty harsh man.  That's a WR stopper right there.  All of a sudden that becomes a required card.

Dark Decks don't really need much help in the way of friends with high attack power.  They already have that.  It's already the case that a dark deck usually has more friends out than even a friend-heavy Light deck.  Even with Monstro, if the dark player already has Dragon Maleficent + any two level 8 cards then he automatically has more attack value than the Light deck.  I mean that's 10 support for DM + 8 or 9 for the average level 8 Heartless card + 8 or 9 from the Dark Player card vs. 9 support from Sephiroth + 8 support from other friend cards + something between 4 and 7 for the Light Player card.  That's a 4 point advantage by default.  This is not where dark decks are weak.  Dark cards don't really need to be stronger unless you want to nerf world racing.  Which DOES need a nerf, so maybe that's what you meant by doing that?

Now the changes to the Dark Player cards was actually pretty smart.  Black Fungus, Shadow, Bouncywild all become level 0 Friend cards.  Powerwild and Large Body now become level 1 meaning you can play them right off the bat.  But you'll have to make a change to Dragon Maleficent or at least a clarification, because with these changes Dragon Maleficent can be a level -1 if you discard your whole hand depending upon which effect comes first (cutting the level in half or the decrease in one level per card discarded).  But then that buff doesn't mean much since this card will no longer be as necessary for Dark Decks as it is.  Also with this change, Black Fungus basically becomes the Dark Player's Moogle if you have 3 of them out.  Not a bad thing though.

Now if you REALLY want to help out dark decks, give them a counter to Stealth Sneak.  Allow a card, say... Wizard to have a Peter Pan effect when used in a battle as a friend card.  If you don't want to make Wizard even MORE powerful than it is (Wizard + Friend Zone = no magix 4 u lol) then you can use Powerwild or some other Heartless card that doesn't have any card text.

Otherwise with these changes, Clayton + Stealth Sneak = no more world cards for you ever for a Dark Deck OR a Light Deck that doesn't have Peter Pan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sluppie said:


Gee I dunno about some of these changes.

Large Body with 20 Pow? 20 Pow on a level 3 card? Meaning 10 Support Value in the friend area OR a 20 Pow card in the very early game?

That's pretty harsh man. That's a WR stopper right there. All of a sudden that becomes a required card.

Dark Decks don't really need much help in the way of friends with high attack power. They already have that. It's already the case that a dark deck usually has more friends out than even a friend-heavy Light deck. Even with Monstro, if the dark player already has Dragon Maleficent + any two level 8 cards then he automatically has more attack value than the Light deck. I mean that's 10 support for DM + 8 or 9 for the average level 8 Heartless card + 8 or 9 from the Dark Player card vs. 9 support from Sephiroth + 8 support from other friend cards + something between 4 and 7 for the Light Player card. That's a 4 point advantage by default. This is not where dark decks are weak.

You have a point here, we just wanted the Large body to be more like he was in the game...we may have increased his power a bit too much in retrospect...we've since playtested with this format and changed a few things, I believe this would be one of them. Like Roxas said...these are not finalized and require playtesting.


Sluppie said:

Dark cards don't really need to be stronger unless you want to nerf world racing. Which DOES need a nerf, so maybe that's what you meant by doing that?

World Racer Doesn't need "nerfing" AT ALL...it is easily controlled and stalled by aggro and when it wins it's usually because it's packing so much Healing Spell Stall that it overwhelms the opponent. At this point in time, WR and Aggro are on almost even terms to be honest with Aggro coming out slightlty ahead most of the time.

Sluppie said:

Now the changes to the Dark Player cards was actually pretty smart. Black Fungus, Shadow, Bouncywild all become level 0 Friend cards. Powerwild and Large Body now become level 1 meaning you can play them right off the bat. But you'll have to make a change to Dragon Maleficent or at least a clarification, because with these changes Dragon Maleficent can be a level -1 if you discard your whole hand depending upon which effect comes first (cutting the level in half or the decrease in one level per card discarded). But then that buff doesn't mean much since this card will no longer be as necessary for Dark Decks as it is. Also with this change, Black Fungus basically becomes the Dark Player's Moogle if you have 3 of them out. Not a bad thing though.

Funny you mention this, because that's how Dark Players worked in Japan before FFG changed it during translation.

Sluppie said:

Now if you REALLY want to help out dark decks, give them a counter to Stealth Sneak. Allow a card, say... Wizard to have a Peter Pan effect when used in a battle as a friend card. If you don't want to make Wizard even MORE powerful than it is (Wizard + Friend Zone = no magix 4 u lol) then you can use Powerwild or some other Heartless card that doesn't have any card text.

Otherwise with these changes, Clayton + Stealth Sneak = no more world cards for you ever for a Dark Deck OR a Light Deck that doesn't have Peter Pan.

It appears Roxas forgot to add the revised Creeper Plant, which should read "discard this card to give a dark card in play -1 POW"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually there wsa a reason that we left Large Body with 20 pow, because we also kept his original effect of the opponent drawing a card after they kill it...that way it makes the card more fair...and since we boosted other cards we figured that a 20 pow heartless is nothing in this new format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clever changes you have there, even if some of them look a bit over-powered.

Roxas_Lawliet: as you don't check your email or your selling topic, my only option is to post this in a thread that you check: what has happened to the cards you say you "sent" me weeks and weeks ago? You said the cards had insurance so please email me their tracking number or give me a refund. I've waited long enough. (Sorry for off-topic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...