Sign in to follow this  
homiejiraiya

how do i let my gm and the rest of the party know im not having fun anymore

that and he has houseruled unnatural abilities in such a way that he calls reballenceing but it just cuts what would be my phenominal toughnes bonus from ten to seven

Oh incidentally this isn't cool.  Orks are meant to be tough.  Easily as tough as a space marine and a PC style character is probably going to be tougher.  Ork toughness is legendary and in many ways is what defines them as an alien race.  It permeates their entire society.

Hence rigged. He made it so the Ork wasn't mechanically a threat to his DMPC.

Your problem, Boss, is you forgot the most importantest thing about bein' a trader: TEEF!

The fing to do about a fancy prancy skinny Eldar giving you lip is get 'im in a net all cunnin' like and then punch out all his fancy prancy teef. To make it easier to net 'im, ask him to describe 'is fancy prancy Dritz-drivle backstory. Collect the teef, and call up his buddies in Commorough to find out the exchange rate for real teef.

Then convert all your houses' funds to teef. Hummies need to learn proppa orkinomics or you punch out them's teef, too.

Tip: How to tell your group is as follows; show them this thread. Considering how other players react to your situation hopefully they see that it's not "just you". Everyone seems to agree your situation is rigged and not fun for everyone involved.

I have never been real fond of an Orc (Or any Xenos for that matter!) Serving on the crew of a RT! This isn't Star Trek! That being said though, An Orc based version of RT sounds like it5 would be fun and Hilarious!

Edited by Radwraith

I'm with you, too, Rad.  Xenos PCs on an RT vessel is a red flag signalling all sorts of "game gone wrong."  But, this idea of an Ork-based game has me intrigued.  Now I'll say, I've been working on a campaign I'm planning to start (probably next summer) for months now, but if I weren't already months into the planning, I might have to roll with that.

Sooo...this banzai thread has a silver lining...some great ideas I've seen floated.  Thanks folks.

If you search for Deffwotch you can find the narrative re-telling of someone's RT-themed Ork campaign. It makes me twitch as a lore nerd, but it sounds like it would've been a lot of fun.

I'm with you on that Quick.  I'm beginning to think an Ork-themed game might be fun, and I haven't thought that way about any other xenos.

DEFF-WOTCH !!!

Click Here

I stole it fair and square

Edited by Egyptoid

I'm ever so slowly getting closer to running an Ork only Rogue Trader game using the Only War aptitude system rather than the Rogue Trader class system... Mainly because it seems like more work to make actual Ork classes (rather than the existing alternate career ranks) than it does to adapt Orks to the aptitude system).

I'm totally harvesting this tread for plot hooks.

I'm ever so slowly getting closer to running an Ork only Rogue Trader game using the Only War aptitude system rather than the Rogue Trader class system... Mainly because it seems like more work to make actual Ork classes (rather than the existing alternate career ranks) than it does to adapt Orks to the aptitude system).

I'm totally harvesting this tread for plot hooks.

If it's some plot hooks and ideas you want :

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/125743-christmas-special-ork-freebootahz/

OP, you have to remember, you asked to be captain. We didn't force you into it. I am the resident Tech-Priest of the game the OP is currently playing in, btw. ****, we messed up, didn't we? Well, I'll will be sure to help you man. Actually, I was going to suggest you rebuild your Ork, refund the xp, and make him new again, all the way from character gen, or make a new ork. Also, our GM's PC is quite broken and annoying at times. The character itself is funny, but it's just, eh... Also, I have a proposition for you: Step down as captain. Alysander, our navigator, can easily take over if you want. I know your spread thin as it is. It's unfair. It's dumb. You tried to help the party, and got punched in the face for it. Just rebuild the ork. I've been trying to find a time to tell you, but never got the chance. Alysander will listen to the group input, and we will do everything together. You can remake yourself to be a nasty as hell melee beast. The ork is supposed to, after all. So, talk to our GM. It won't make him mad. He want's everyone to have fun, for the most part. I felt really bad while reading up on this, since I never noticed. Just talk to us dude... 

Funny how perception works sometimes, which is why communication is the alpha and omega of any group activity. Good luck, doods!

Thanks, and yes, you are right. Talking everything over is the best way to ensure that everyone is having fun. So far, as far to my knowledge, everything is being sorted out. Here's to hoping it all goes well!

Wow that’s awesome Molecule4.

Now if I can ask a couple of questions.

Homiejiraiya and Molecule4, can I ask you what you wanted out of the game for your toons? 

How would you like the game to progress?

What was the original motivation for rolling up your characters? (Other than getting together to have fun)

What are the future short term and Long term goals of those character’s?

Homiejiraiya when you stated that you’re not having fun anymore that implies that at one point you were, what were those games like?

Of course you are probably discussing this already but answer just for the sake of others that have similar problems.

Homiejiraiya and Molecule4, can I ask you what you wanted out of the game for your toons? 

What was the original motivation for rolling up your characters? (Other than getting together to have fun)

Homiejiraiya when you stated that you’re not having fun anymore that implies that at one point you were, what were those games like?

Of course you are probably discussing this already but answer just for the sake of others that have similar problems.

In response to these questions, I can't say for Homiejiraiya, as I do not know how my friend thinks of these things. However, I can relate my own experiences. I wanted to simply play in the beginning, as I had never played in a Warhammer or RPG tabletop game before. The experience was new, and it was very, very fun. Our first session went by slowly, but that was more the group as a whole not being able to focus sometimes. Oh, we still have that problem sometimes. Anyway, I rolled up a character to simply play the game. I got to be the Explorator, and, after I learned more about the Mechanicus as a whole, and studying their cult and the laws, I got really good at playing the Explorator. It was fun. i had great times with friends. Now though, the campaign has progressed to a point where it feels like a convoluted mess. The GM wants things to go a certain way, and, while that's fine, the campaign is feeling more more like it's on tracks instead of actually being about exploring and finding cool loot. The next session is supposed to be all about exploring though, so now we can try our hand at it. 

Long term goals for my character? To ascend further within the Cult Mechanicus and eventually, if ever, reach the rank of Magos or higher. I hope to reach this at some point between the ranks of 6 through 8. However, I really just to want to have fun and ensure my character lives to see rank 8. 

As for the OP, all I can say is that he wants more money and more fancy dakka. lot's of it. As befits an ork, hahah.

I'm sorry if I couldn't answer your questions all that well. I want us to have fun, that is all. I hope to ask more questions from the people here, as you all are quite nice, and very good when it comes to questions in general. Until next time!

Edited by Molecule4

In response to these questions, I can't say for Homiejiraiya, as I do not know how my friend thinks of these things. However, I can relate my own experiences. I wanted to simply play in the beginning, as I had never played in a Warhammer or RPG tabletop game before. The experience was new, and it was very, very fun. Our first session went by slowly, but that was more the group as a whole not being able to focus sometimes. Oh, we still have that problem sometimes. Anyway, I rolled up a character to simply play the game. I got to be the Explorator, and, after I learned more about the Mechanicus as a whole, and studying their cult and the laws, I got really good at playing the Explorator. It was fun. i had great times with friends. Now though, the campaign has progressed to a point where it feels like a convoluted mess. The GM wants things to go a certain way, and, while that's fine, the campaign is feeling more more like it's on tracks instead of actually being about exploring and finding cool loot. The next session is supposed to be all about exploring though, so now we can try our hand at it. 

Long term goals for my character? To ascend further within the Cult Mechanicus and eventually, if ever, reach the rank of Magos or higher. I hope to reach this at some point between the ranks of 6 through 8. However, I really just to want to have fun and ensure my character lives to see rank 8. 

As for the OP, all I can say is that he wants more money and more fancy dakka. lot's of it. As befits an ork, hahah.

I'm sorry if I couldn't answer your questions all that well. I want us to have fun, that is all. I hope to ask more questions from the people here, as you all are quite nice, and very good when it comes to questions in general. Until next time!

ok, it censored me.... why?