Sign in to follow this  
Modery

[Paintjob] N'dru Suhlak

It's not expensive at all. The paper is only $7 for three big sheets, and the decal film is about $4, plus you can feed sheets back into the printer to make more after you cut them, to a point. In other words, if you have a printer and ink already, it costs less than an X-wing miniature to make decals.

Edited by Millennium Falsehood

After seeing the card at yesterday's preview, I just had to sit down today and try to paint one of my Z-95. Here's the result:

NDru-Suhlak-1.jpg

NDru-Suhlak-2.jpg

I know there are many, more skilled painters here, has anyone else done it yet?

And here's the corresponding card:

ndru-suhlak.png

I am getting some major Don Carnage Sky Pirate vibes from that thing.  Hopefully someone out there is old enough to remember Tailspin...

Does anyone know his species?

Thanks for the memories and the blast from the past! Now I have been humming Talispin, Duck tales, and Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers theme songs in my head! Cool looking paint job by the way. I am no painter so I won't even attempt a job like this. 

After seeing the card at yesterday's preview, I just had to sit down today and try to paint one of my Z-95. Here's the result:

NDru-Suhlak-1.jpg

NDru-Suhlak-2.jpg

ndru-suhlak.png

I am getting some major Don Carnage Sky Pirate vibes from that thing.  Hopefully someone out there is old enough to remember Tailspin...

Thanks for the memories and the blast from the past! Now I have been humming Talispin, Duck tales, and Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers theme songs in my head! Cool looking paint job by the way. I am no painter so I won't even attempt a job like this.

The holy trinity of Disney cartoons. Although I'm probably going to get some flak for not making it a quadrilogy and throwing in Darkwing Duck. I just never watched it.

NDru-Suhlak-1.jpg

NDru-Suhlak-2.jpg

ndru-suhlak.png

The holy trinity of Disney cartoons. Although I'm probably going to get some flak for not making it a quadrilogy and throwing in Darkwing Duck. I just never watched it.

How quickly you forget Gummi Bears! For shame!

How quickly you forget Gummi Bears! For shame!

I didn't watch that either.

Ooh, I really like the eye on yours. Any tips on getting it all that small, enough coats to not have any bleed through, and keep it crisp?

Also, your wash and/or dry brushing is incredible. The detail on the wings pops. Would love to hear your process.

Inspiration, love it man. I jumped on that train as well. I think that this guy will be a really good pilot. Hope you don't mind me jumping in with this.

IMG_2889_zps519a4968.jpg

wow, great job!

Ooh, I really like the eye on yours. Any tips on getting it all that small, enough coats to not have any bleed through, and keep it crisp?

Also, your wash and/or dry brushing is incredible. The detail on the wings pops. Would love to hear your process.

I'm curious about the same things.

Glad you guys like it. The details really pop on the ship, FFG did a great job with the sculpt on these. What I did was base everything a medium grey, wash with nuln oil (black), dry brush with same grey then spot wash with a brown, dry brush med grey, then light grey, then a very very light white dry brush on specific spots. As for the eye on it, painted the white then super detail brush to put in the lid and eyeball.

pic2266434.jpg

Based the Whole thing gray, then red flames, black cockpit, copper engines, metal guns, washed the whole thing in nuln oil, then painted white blobs for eye and mouth. Used an ultra fine sharpie to detail in black over the white blobs. Then hit the whole thing with spray clear matte, and a couple details with 'ard coat. Looks decent across the table, but with a few more hours i could have done a bit better. Cant wait to fly this thing!

Edited by jonnyd

the answer is carefully, I've repainted 3 zeds grey and done up N'dru and most of the pirate markings, one has most of the checkering done, not sure if I need another row of them and have to start on the 2nd pirate, will take pics tommorow and post them up.