Sign in to follow this  
SekMeth

Error in role bonus Desperado?

One of my friends is creating a Desperado to play. After reading the role bonus of a Desperado, I think there is an error in it. All other roles (except for the Mystic) require a fate point to be spend in order to use the role bonus. The role bonus of the Desperado reads:

"Move and Shoot: Once per round, after performing a Move action, a Desperado character may perform a single Standard Attack with a Pistol weapon he is currently wielding as a Free Action."

Should is start with "In addition to the normal uses of Fate points (see page 293)," as with the other roles?

I personally don't think that [Move and Shoot] is powerful enough to justify a spending Fate Point. Compared to the similar but different [Hip Shooting {Talent}], Move and Shoot is just a little more flexible. Bear in mind that a character can only make one [Attack {subtype}] action per turn, so Move and Shoot is useless if the character already attacked.

As an aside, technically the [Mystic {Role}] doesn't use Fate Points for its Bonus either, at least not directly.

Will he be able to do a standard attack with his off hand as well?

The relationship (or lack thereof) between Move and Shoot and the [Two-Weapon Wielder {Talent}] is not clear. I recently sent in a rule questions request for this and several other DH-2e topics, but until an official answer comes in the GM has final say, Objectively, I would want to draw a line between [Hip Shooting] and [Move and Shoot], otherwise Desperados could simply get Hip Shooting for free. Personally, I would want to fire twice with Move and Shoot.

Edited by Asymptomatic