Sign in to follow this  
rapatpamp

Anyone surprised it's sold out?

Not really. But I was surprised that my local outlets didn't get their full orders. I'm glad I ordered 2 online and I got my third from a store so I could get make sense of the game before I got my pre-orders; I got the last copy at the last store I checked so I was lucky. 

Not to mention FFG is notorious for underprinting first runs of products...now it'll be back in the printing queue along with 50 other items.

I'm sure it's just good business; underprinting is better than overprinting as you can always print more and there is the fact that scarcity can increase demand.

Kinda blew my mind. I preordered a copy at the local store and 2 more online for the complete set. Looking at my local store this Saturday they sold out. Not sure if they just didnt order much or it is that popular. We have a lot of warhammer players that were interested in it so idk.

Not to mention FFG is notorious for underprinting first runs of products...now it'll be back in the printing queue along with 50 other items.

I'm sure it's just good business; underprinting is better than overprinting as you can always print more and there is the fact that scarcity can increase demand.

Fortunately unlike some of their miniatures lines printing just means printing, not printing + painting so it should speed up the process a bit more than miniature reprints (X-wing reprints taking 2-3 months at least)

Given the number of people buying two or three sets...not *incredibly* surprised. I thought folks would get one core set, see if they liked it and then purchase others.

But...did think there would be more sets available.

Ordered it two months ago on Amazon... guess I'll have to wait longer.

I ordered my second and third core months ago, and should have arrived yesterday (Friday Oct 10), but for some reason the train that had my order derailed and now it's delayed. :(

I wanted to get this from my LGS, since if I don't support them, I have no delusion that I should be allowed to come to their locations to play.

Unfortunately, the one store carries a lot of FFG products (including LCGs), but not Warhammer and didn't think their customers would be interested in the IP.  The other store carries Warhammer, but doesn't carry LCGs and didn't think their customers would be interested.

Now, neither store can get this game from their suppliers.  So, I guess I totally missed out until the reprint.

Ordered it two months ago on Amazon... guess I'll have to wait longer.

I ordered my second and third core months ago, and should have arrived yesterday (Friday Oct 10), but for some reason the train that had my order derailed and now it's delayed. :(

That's so weird because the ship my copies were supposed to arrive on was sunk by Japanese torpedo-bombers. Pattern?

+++ =][= INQUISITORIAL MESSAGE INCOMING =][= +++

+++ AUTHORIZATION CODE: SIGMA-DELTA-6 +++

+++ ASTROPATHIC LINK ESTABLISHED +++

+++ BUFFERING +++

+++ BUFFERING +++

+++ PLAYING MESSAGE +++

By decree of the Ordos Inquisition of the God-Emperor of Mankind, we have derailed multiple trains and sunk many ships containing a LCG suspected to be tainted by Chaos and Xenos tech, and worse... HERESY.

If found to not contain heretical contents then the suspected LCG will be allowed to be distributed as normal, if not they will be purged with cleansing flame and the world of their manufacture will be declared Perdita soon after our Black Ships have completed the Exterminatus.

That is all.

+++ MESSAGE END +++

+++ ASTROPATHIC LINK SEVERED +++

+++ =][= THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: SERVICE TO THE EMPEROR IS ITS OWN REWARD. =][= +++

Edited by Phaedros