Sign in to follow this  
Castellan Alaric

XXA + roark

So I rolled out a list with 2 blue squadron B's, a green squadron A w/PTL, outmaneuver and refit all rolling with roark in the HWK and it worked pretty well. I felt I could adapt it to a similar list to inclue wedge:

wedge - marksmanship (open to another elite talent but this one seems pretty solid)

rookie

prototype w/refit

roark - moldy crow, recon spec, ion turret

So I love roark and his PS12 passing. So I have the rookie probably (unless the prototype is at range 1 of something) at 12, then wedge at 9, which could either destroy or seriously cripple a ship and the prototype there blocking and causing shenanigans. I figure I can set up wedge and the rookie with roark (only range 2 on the ion stinks, but it can be done) and either flank or black with the prototype. Decent idea?

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

I love Roark.  I haven't yet managed to spam his pilot ability with Swarm Tactics, but it's on my radar.

I ran him last night in the following config:

Roark + Ion Turret + Intel Spec.
Biggs + R2-D2
Green Squad Pilot + Assault Missiles + Outmaneuver
Green Squad Pilot

Opponent ran Darth Vader, Saber Tie-Int +VI, 2 Black Squadron Tie and 1 Mook Tie.

Boosted the A-wing with the missiles right along the outskirts far enough to TL the center TIE on turn 1.  There really is nothing like pointing to your PS3 Ship with Outmaneuver + Assault missiles right as your opponent is preparing to attack with Darth Vader and saying "That guy is now PS12."  Right into the center of his TIE formation.  :D 

...I don't expect that to work again anytime soon.

To the above list you could try Jansen instead of wedge, give him swarm maybe pair him with Hobbie with the stress droid. That would be enough to put the hurt on pretty much anything at the start of game.

If you wanna fly Wes, might as well throw an Opportunist in there somewhere...

To the above list you could try Jansen instead of wedge, give him swarm maybe pair him with Hobbie with the stress droid. That would be enough to put the hurt on pretty much anything at the start of game.

If you wanna fly Wes, might as well throw an Opportunist in there somewhere...

Yeah I was thinking that, but it's tough to maintain a four ship list at that point. It sucks Hobbie can't have an EPT. Maybe switch Hobbie for Porkins, with the stress inducing droid and opportunist. That would be some nasty Phantom hate.