Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

OT: Did you enjoy Star Wars Rebels Episode 1?

I found it interesting, and for the most part enjoyable.

I do, however, find it hard to believe that you have an ISD flying in atmosphere, about 500-1000 feet off of the ground.

Episode 2. They are landed on the ground, so it doesn't sound unlikely on star wars universe. How do they lift something with that mass ? No ******* clue.

Maybe it's a smaller ship. The end of Attack of the Clones featured atmosphere level ships similar.

I watched Spark of Rebellion last week. Was that episode 1? I liked the show. It isn't as childish as early clone wars seasons were.

I like that both Sabine and Hera are competent and don't seem like damsels.

I found it interesting, and for the most part enjoyable.

I do, however, find it hard to believe that you have an ISD flying in atmosphere, about 500-1000 feet off of the ground.

I believe that the Victory Class Star Destroyer was atmospheric. Not sure how to tell a Victory Class SD and a Imperial Class SD apart but I'm willing to wager it was a VC SD.

I think the pilot said something in regards to "hear come's a Imperial SD". All SD are Imperial. She's not going to say hear comes a Victory Class SD.

The first episode is scheduled to air on October 6th.... how did you see it already?

EDIT: NVM my program guide has it on Disney XD on the 6th, but on regular disney it was last night.... strange.   Anyhow it's coming on again in 2 hours so I'm gonna record it. 

Edited by Crabbok

The first episode is scheduled to air on October 6th.... how did you see it already?

EDIT: NVM my program guide has it on Disney XD on the 6th, but on regular disney it was last night.... strange.   Anyhow it's coming on again in 2 hours so I'm gonna record it.

You could also watch it online here in the US on the Disney channel website for a week before it showed on TV. In fact, the second episode is available at the same place.

Edit: Ok, just watched episode #2.....interesting to say the least. We get some backstory on Zeb  and Agent Kallus that will make for quite the encounter when they meet again. We also learn the name of Zeb's weapon. It's called a Bowrifle.

Edited by zathras23

I liked it. Watched the series pilot movie on cable and the first episode on Disney HD website. Star Destroyers come in atmosphere in expanded universe books and Episode 2. There were a lot of Gozanti cruisers with four under slung Tie Fighters. So, I am hoping FFG will make a imperial huge ship.

I liked it. Watched the series pilot movie on cable and the first episode on Disney HD website. Star Destroyers come in atmosphere in expanded universe books and Episode 2. There were a lot of Gozanti cruisers with four under slung Tie Fighters. So, I am hoping FFG will make a imperial huge ship.

Don't misunderstand.  I am not suggesting that VSD's have not been in atmosphere before or in other stories.  I just don't understand how something that has that much mass is going to do so, land, and take off again.  Successfully.

And I agree with you ... it was nice to see the Gozanti cruisers both in space and also in atmosphere.  It would make a nice Imperial Huge.  I wonder if they would actually include TIE's with it.

You could also watch it online here in the US on the Disney channel website for a week before it showed on TV. In fact, the second episode is available at the same place.

Edit: Ok, just watched episode #2.....interesting to say the least. We get some backstory on Zeb  and Agent Kallus that will make for quite the encounter when they meet again. We also learn the name of Zeb's weapon. It's called a Bowrifle.

I'm trying to find info about episode 2. The wiki calls it Droids in Distress but shows an air date of October 13. Is that the episode you're referring to?

I'm trying to find info about episode 2. The wiki calls it Droids in Distress but shows an air date of October 13. Is that the episode you're referring to?

Yes, that was the name of the episode they had up on the website.

I quite enjoyed it, not too 'Disneyfied' - if that's even a word!

Liked the ships, looking forward to The Ghost and the Gozanti cruiser being given the X Wing treatment.

But, the Wookies were all kinds of wrong ...

I quite enjoyed it, not too 'Disneyfied' - if that's even a word!

Liked the ships, looking forward to The Ghost and the Gozanti cruiser being given the X Wing treatment.

But, the Wookies were all kinds of wrong ...

Especially the young Wookie.  It was like a Ewok in Wookie clothing.   :P