Sign in to follow this  
klyver

Stop the TIE Advanced hate =D

Ships I rarely used was the theme I went with for my last tournament.  I realize the place for this is battle reports, but I saw some hate for the TA today and well decided to post here so hate it or love it lol.

I used the following:

Darth Vader with cluster missiles and swarm tactics

Omicron shuttle with rebel captive and hlc

TIE Bomber Jonus

Academy pilot.

This list I put together as a joke and I still can't believe it won the tournament.  Vader fires his missiles with a target locket/focus combo, Jonus allowed for re-rolls and Vader dogfighted well with boost/barrel roll combo.

Because I was able to boost the shuttle to PS 9 with swarm tactics and was able to get re-rolls from Jonus....the shenanigans ensued...

I faced a double ewing plus xwing list

a hsf with 2 ywings list

and a triple bwings list

Surprisingly, things just worked out for the build  I may actually try to use this for a bit because I found it so comical to fly.

Edited by klyver

The hate will continue until stats/options improve.

Proton Rockets + Vader + any other buff they add will likely boost his use a lot.  I'm betting on an "Imperial Inquisitor" pilot (maybe even a generic) and then the Named Inquisitor from Rebels as likely upgrades for Advanced Pilots.  If they go Multi-title upgrades (and they should), the Advanced will rise again.  

Hey, kudos on the win.

I wouldn't call our views of the TIE/Ad 'hate'. It's more like pity.

Also, I think there's fairly broad agreement that Vader is alright, but could be better. I'm also guessing that your list had the advantage of coming out of left field.

But in all, it looks like you've got a solid build, and that build should be able to do interesting things against Phantom lists too, given that you can use Swarm Tactics to shoot at the Phantom before the ACD recloak.

Ships I rarely used was the theme I went with for my last tournament.  I realize the place for this is battle reports, but I saw some hate for the TA today and well decided to post here so hate it or love it lol.

I used the following:

Darth Vader with cluster missiles and swarm tactics

Omicron shuttle with rebel captive and hlc

TIE Bomber Jonus

Academy pilot.

This list I put together as a joke and I still can't believe it won the tournament.  Vader fires his missiles with a target locket/focus combo, Jonus allowed for re-rolls and Vader dogfighted well with boost/barrel roll combo.

Because I was able to boost the shuttle to PS 9 with swarm tactics and was able to get re-rolls from Jonus....the shenanigans ensued...

I faced a double ewing plus xwing list

a hsf with 2 ywings list

and a triple bwings list

Surprisingly, things just worked out for the build  I may actually try to use this for a bit because I found it so comical to fly.

HERESY!!!! BURN HIM WITH FIRE FOR SUGGESTING TO LIKE THE ADVANCED!!!!!!!

No one hates Vader but it's not just imperial players saying the advanced is weak it's both sides, and when both sides agree something's underperforming it's hard to argue it's not.

Glad it worked for you but the community opinion does not come from a few games but the collective experience of hundreds.

Yeah it's not hate, just "why take this when I can take other things for the same cost?"

For that price the 2 attack doesn't help it. It's not like it has legendary resiliency either. If something about the Advanced was better (like a better dial, better attack, better upgrade options, better cost) it would be more desireable. It might have been sufficient for the wave 1 environment but everything since has kind of left the TIE Advanced in the dust.

FFG seems to be aware of this though, they said as much at GenCon. So, either another Aces pack or a big ship (Since that's where we've seen big ships before). My hope is on a possible Wave 7 TIE Avenger with backwards-compatible buffs for the TIE Advanced.

Yeah it's not hate, just "why take this when I can take other things for the same cost?"

For that price the 2 attack doesn't help it. It's not like it has legendary resiliency either. If something about the Advanced was better (like a better dial, better attack, better upgrade options, better cost) it would be more desireable. It might have been sufficient for the wave 1 environment but everything since has kind of left the TIE Advanced in the dust.

FFG seems to be aware of this though, they said as much at GenCon. So, either another Aces pack or a big ship (Since that's where we've seen big ships before). My hope is on a possible Wave 7 TIE Avenger with backwards-compatible buffs for the TIE Advanced.

An avenger release with upgrades for the advanced would make me a happy bunny.

Already solved the tie advanced dilemma just play with it as if it has the boost upgrade. Sensor upgrade works too one or the other

Edited by DAWHIPPA

Another TIE Advanced thread...and another dollar in my TIE Advanced jar!

A jar to save money to buy another one? ;-)

Rightly so! The Advanced is a truly resilient fighter! :-)

Something like that.  I add a dollar to the jar whenever this stuff pops up.  Right now the jar is currently financing a 3rd TIE Advanced.

WTG X-Wing Community!

Is it bad that I have had 4 Advanced TIEs for a year or more.. lol.. and I gave a 5th one I got to some new players.. actually I have given them everything they have, including CORE box and a TIE fighter and an X wing.. plus the advanced now. 

Is it bad that I have had 4 Advanced TIEs for a year or more.. lol.. and I gave a 5th one I got to some new players.. actually I have given them everything they have, including CORE box and a TIE fighter and an X wing.. plus the advanced now. 

You are really too nice of a guy.  Where did you come from?  Are there more of you?  

One day, I want to play a game with 4 advanced versus 4 advanced against you.  I think it would be fun.  

Proton Rockets are a major boost for the Advanced and especially Vader, moreso then the other Agi 3 missile ships because of Chardaan refit and the 3 base attack/cannon slot for the Defender.

Buffing it further will definitely bring the ship back in the game, it would be extra awesome if it was a title because my Vader loves the Advanced's upgrade slots!

Edited by Joostuh