Sign in to follow this  
Tanarri

List creation 2 Awings + ?

So when I first saw rebel aces I wanted to run A-wings with outmaneuver and predator. I have decided that I would probably prefer Push the Limit over predator. I discounted the 4 A-wing approach because well there isn't alot of firepower there and as with 4 interceptors without something to draw the enemies fire the flankers have to take the brunt of it.

I would like to run

Jake Farrel + Proton Rockets + A-wing Test Pilot + Outmaneuver + Push the Limit

Green Squadron Pilot + Refit+ A-wing Test Pilot + Outmaneuver + Push the Limit

And that is the question what do I run with it that will be a primary target?

I thought of Nera + either 2 flechette or flechette + Proton torp or advanced proton dead eye and munitions fail safe

If I did 2 flechettes I could also run a bandit squad pilot beside her, though I am not sure if that is a big enough threat to focus on and ignore the A-wings in the early game.

After wave 5 I though of running:

2x Green Squadron Pilot + Refit+ A-wing Test Pilot + Outmaneuver + Push the Limit

Dash Rendar + Kyle Katarn + Push the Limit + HLC + Outrider

To be honest I hadn't thought of adding Kyle Katarn to that list when I first saw the outrider but it makes sense to add it. Though with everyone wanting to fly super dash I am back to not really know what to wave before my enemy as the primary target.

I really like the idea of having a priority target so that it can "run" from the enemy while the A-wings come in slow and form either side. They get their out maneuver shots and if Jake who is the primary canidate for being able to get into range 1 gets there the proton rocket should net 3-5 hits with Target Lock + Focus.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Also this list could use a name.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

I ran Jake with Outmaneuver and Predator and Tycho with PTL and Outmaneuver and I really liked it.

I didn't really feel the lack of PTL on Jake, as you still have 2 actions a turn, and no need to clear stress was quite nice.

I would try to have 2 targets on top of the As. One target would need to be burly or risk getting focused down quickly.

The reason for Push the Limit on Jake is so that I can boost and barrel roll in the same round. It makes him the Awing version of fel.

I agree on the 2 targets, I don't play rebels alot so I am not really sure what those should be. Do you have any suggestions?

My instinct with a 2 A-wing list would be to balance it with either something big and tanky - like a Chewie falcon with Threepio - or look at making it at LEAST a 4 ship build.- say Biggs to force the issue of who takes the fire and pair him with another X-wing, B-Wing or even a Y-wing for a little 360 action..

But it seems to me that you've overspent a little on your A-wings to afford  either of those options.

So either go back to the drawing board to drop about 6 points from your A-wings or go for a Z-95 mini swarm

You could add Corran Horn in there as a major threat. He is as hard to hit as the A's and packs a real punch.

43 points
Corran Horn
R2 Astromech, Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade

33 points
Jake Farrell
A-Wing Test Pilot, Proton Rockets, Outmaneuver, Push the Limit

23 points
Green Squadron Pilot
A-Wing Test Pilot, Chardaan Refit, Outmaneuver, Push the Limit
Edited by Englishpete

Why no Keyan? Put him in there and all your dreams will come true. I flew him last night with PtL, C-3P0, and targeting control system. He was unstoppable. The B-Wing is already a tanky ship with 8 total hits to take and with C-3P0 he becomes even tankier. PtL is there for stress generation which is an offensive focus for him and so that you can target lock in the same round. I know that's a tad redundant for dealing with ships that you'll shoot at more than one time because of FCS, but think of it this way: it makes him flexible for playing against ships with a large tanky ship or against things like TIE fighters which he likely won't shoot at twice. It also gives him flexibility to quickly break off of one ship and attack another in full force immediately. And if you can get a focus in there it's just bonus defense as you now have are guaranteed to get one evade result with 3P0 with a slight chance for two with a focus result. Sorry this was a little disorganized, I'm writing it out on my phone but definitely consider putting him in. He's super scary.

The current reason to not run corran or keyan with C-3P0 is that I don't own either yet, though in the event of a tournament I could borrow them from my friend if he isn't using them.

Running Keyan + Push the Limit + C-3P0  doesn't leave me enough points for a fourth ship unless I take proton rockets off of jake but I could put Heavy Laser Cannon on him. With that in mind I could run

Keyan + Heavy Laser Cannon + C-3P0 + Push the limits

That comes out to 99 points

I am not sure biggs is the right fit for this list he would only be running with the main target as I don't plan on formation flying with the A-wings. Though if I ran:

2x Green Squadron Pilot + Refit+ A-wing Test Pilot + Outmaneuver + Push the Limit

Biggs

Wedge

Wedge may be a big enough threat to let the A-wing flank.

If I ran Corran I think I would go with something along the lines of

Corran + R7-T1 + Push the Limit + Fire Control System

Though I would almost drop Push the Limit for Veteran Instincts to better help combat phantoms, though Push the limit is probably the right call it grants better maneuverability options and I have had phantoms destroyed by this current corran set up.

Jan ors + ion turret

Dagger Squadron pilot

Could work as well even without formation flying I should be able to keep the A-wings in range 3 and jan can add to the punch of the A-wings or the Dagger as is needed plus if she ions anything I can turn everything to pounce on the chosen ship

I will have to try these out the next chance I get.

Edited by Tanarri

after wave 5 leebo with determination and title with hlc is interesting, and not quite as expensive as dash. Can also take dash crew to deny all the extra dice. Might be able to fit cracken to assist in actions