Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

New B-Wing generic pilot: confirmed?

Sharp find, in terms of identifying the squadron.

But... with Rebel Aces only just hitting the shelves, which updates the B-Wing, I can't see any further development of the B-Wing happening for a very long time.

But, I think it's a great way to paint your B-Wings, if it strikes such a chord with you. ;)

That B should have K-turned.

Picture looks more like Imperial propaganda to me.  The B-Wing, rebellions best fighter, getting shot up by two academy pilots like that....as you can see, he just got hit with shields down.  2 hits left and two fighters on his six....

...BS.

Edited by Deadshane

Picture looks more like Imperial propaganda to me.  The B-Wing, rebellions best fighter, getting shot up by two academy pilots like that....as you can see, he just got hit with shields down.  2 hits left and two fighters on his six....

Sounds like an adequate depiction of the Emperor's justice to me.

New art asset, but I think it's a little early to say where it will be used. Especially with the metric ton they have to create/use for the LCG and RPGs.

It'd be the first time art used in announcing an X-Wing tournament was used for anything else, though.

For example, the "X-Wing Summer 2014 kit"

SWX-2014-S2-product-layout-v2-web.png

...obviously using the art from the 'Gamma Squadron' TIE Bomber.

The 'Assault at Imdaar Alpha' event actually preceded the release of the TIE Phantom, and gave us the art for the 'Shadow Squadron' TIE Phantoms.

imdaar-alpha.png

With the 'Kessel Run' event, we actually got preview art for both the 'Boba Fett' pilot card...

SWX07-art.png

...AND the 'Lando Calrissian' pilot card...

SWX06-art.png

While the X-Wing 2014 "season one" tournament kit came out before the Imperial Aces did...

4c1f6ed1867e21231b0f99b5e8e1a8f5.jpg

I dunno.

FFG is usually pretty consistent about the art for "tournament" events actually matching new ship release art...

Yeah, that piece of art annoys me. They give that B-wing a fancy paint job just to get wrecked by two stupid TIE's.

That paint job made it easier to hit. You would think that in space, they would paint starfighters black.

If your in visual range then the combat has probably already started.

That, and unless your close to a light source then you won't be seeing much!

This one's link in it's properties mentions Night Beast.......But I guess we'll be seeing Cloud City on a table soon with Nova Squad.

You...uhhh...you haven't looked at your 'Night Beast' pilot card lately, have you?

270px-Night_Beast.jpg

This one's link in it's properties mentions Night Beast.......But I guess we'll be seeing Cloud City on a table soon with Nova Squad.

You...uhhh...you haven't looked at your 'Night Beast' pilot card lately, have you?

270px-Night_Beast.jpg

Yes.....I have....just figured I'd point out that they used this pic as well on the World's link...and since this art was part of Wave 1 then they must be hinting at Cloud City if they are going to reuse it as well.

I do think that this might be an alternate art card, rather than a new B-Wing pilot, though.

Not so sure on that - the 'alternate art' cards, so far, have been for pilots we already have.

The art on this card referred to it as a 'Nova Squadron' pilot, which is...new.  I mean, it's POSSIBLE, but...I dunno, I guess I could see this being one of three things as (IMHO) the most likely possibilities:

• Art for a ship card from 'Armada', where B-Wing "Nova Squadron" will appear.  We've seen from previous of the game that it tends to re-use existing ship art from X-Wing, for ships that are common between the games...but maybe not in this case.
  • FFG is taking a page from WizKids playbook, and actually offering NEW things in their OP events that are not retail available.  Sort of like 'alternate art' with a little extra.  The tokens that go on the ship bases, after all, don't indicate the upgrade slots...just stats and actions.  So FFG could put out a "Nova Squadron" pilot card that just uses the "Dagger Squadron" base token...only adding an EPT slot to the ship card, itself.
  • FFG has some kind of extra 'ace packs' they are planning on putting out, and the 'Nova Squadron' is arriving in those.  (I really sort of think the point of 'Nova' would be to provide a generic B-Wing with an EPT...somehow...)

It just looks like cool promotional art. But do you know what I think?

I think it'll be promotional card that is virtually identical to the Dagger Squadron pilot.

If you wanted to be picky they'd have to ship bases with it, but honestly a card that only changes the name seems like cool swag that won't affect gameplay in any way like the Attack Wing nonsense does. It's more than acrylic tokens and more than just "Hey, it's biggs but with his face on the card". When you say, "I'm dropping Novas in my list", you'll know this person won something :)

I do think that this might be an alternate art card, rather than a new B-Wing pilot, though.

Not so sure on that - the 'alternate art' cards, so far, have been for pilots we already have.

The art on this card referred to it as a 'Nova Squadron' pilot, which is...new.  I mean, it's POSSIBLE, but...I dunno, I guess I could see this being one of three things as (IMHO) the most likely possibilities:

• Art for a ship card from 'Armada', where B-Wing "Nova Squadron" will appear.  We've seen from previous of the game that it tends to re-use existing ship art from X-Wing, for ships that are common between the games...but maybe not in this case.
  • FFG is taking a page from WizKids playbook, and actually offering NEW things in their OP events that are not retail available.  Sort of like 'alternate art' with a little extra.  The tokens that go on the ship bases, after all, don't indicate the upgrade slots...just stats and actions.  So FFG could put out a "Nova Squadron" pilot card that just uses the "Dagger Squadron" base token...only adding an EPT slot to the ship card, itself.
  • FFG has some kind of extra 'ace packs' they are planning on putting out, and the 'Nova Squadron' is arriving in those.  (I really sort of think the point of 'Nova' would be to provide a generic B-Wing with an EPT...somehow...)

!.  This is the most likely.

2.  FFG would be stupid to take any lead from WizKids.  They have state in the past that Xwing will NOT be "collectable."  This is an excellent policy they should stand by.  There are those of us that want nothing to do with the "competitive" circuit where we have to deal with this "meta" that is so constantly whined about (not that you have been whining...its just been very whiny around here lately and its getting to me.)  I would say this is highly unlikely.

3.  Also unlikely in the near future...Rebel aces came out YESTERDAY...and there is already a B wing in there so...

You really seem to want a generic bwing with an EPT dont you.  Hey I understand...I want a generic defender with an EPT...or hell a TIE bomber so I could make some real use out of ordinance and Deadeye!