Sign in to follow this  
BobaFett THX1138

What new ships would you like to see and play with X-wing?

Snowspeeder with 360 tow cable. Forces some kind of movement to the attached ship, somehow? Does not work on large ships?

Outside of a ground-assault expansion/new game, I don't think we'll be seeing snow speeders, since their propulsion system only works on planets/ in atmosphere.  They're more like aircraft than anything else.  

Space Snowspeeders.

A special note on the Missile Boat. It's meant to fire countless missiles as a way of beating down multiple brights -- Defenders and Avengers especially.

Although I much prefer the look of the Assault Gunboat, the XM-1 has potential to be distinct from the TIE Bomber as a strike craft without being an "Imperial B-/Y-Wing".

Primary 1, Agility 2, Hull 4, Shield 4, Missile x4, Bomb/Mine, System Upgrade. Focus, Target Lock, Boost [sLAM!].20pts? A dial probably less maneuverable than the Y-Wing, and a Salvo rule that lets it re-roll attack dice for Missiles within Range 2.

some rules ... to simulate dogfights OVER a Star Destroyer.

This, the Death Star trench run, and planetary surfaces. Conceivably one could make an entire campaign of linked games representing say, the concentrated attack on a Super Star Destroyer and her various strategic sections.

TIE Advanced x1 vs TIE Avenger. Vader's fighter was a prototype and the Avenger was an evolution of it that led to the Defender. Their stats should implicate that. Take the Advanced, +1 primary attack, make Ahead 4 a green maneuver, add 4pts

RE: Beam weapons.

I think if adapted at all they would need to be kept simple just to keep the game going but are inherently complicated weapons. How many attack dice? Can ships wriggle free? What type of Upgrade would it be? Some thoughts;

Jammer: Re-roll defense dice against any attacks from one designated enemy ship.

Decoy: Enemies firing at one designated friendly ship must re-roll any successful weapon hits & criticals.

Tractor: One designated enemy ship has their agility reduced by 2 and they cannot move further than 1. No Boost or Barrel Roll.

Edited by SunCrusher

I don't want to see anything from Rebels.

Remember, Ep VII is only 15 months away .. and FFG already has a monster range of models and related games set for release. I would much prefer to see them continue to create a great, well balanced game, fix known issues (Eg. Tie Advanced, Imp large ship) and fully develop exciting related materials than fill our tables with a salad of obscure EU rubbish. 

What would I like to see? Scenario packs with new missions and terrain features, an imp large ship and well thought out fixes for known problems.

Oh my now we have 2 people who think EU is rubbish, they really should read more. Or play more, how many people here hate any of the SW games they've played? Those are EU to.

Who cares what you don't want? FFG?

Why should they. All that matters to them is "do enough people want it?".

And in the case of the Ghost and Gozanti the answer is an overwhelming YES.

No salad of rubbish, just the important ships from a currently running, *fully canon* star wars property.

Rebels is happening.

Wow guys, EU isn't rubbish. This isn't cool.

Seriously. The EU is FAR better than the movies.

I would love it if they make a huge Gozanti, and like the Rebel Transport's X-wing, we got a couple new named Tie pilots with it. If there were somebody to give a group of Ties a little more defensive synergy I would be in heaven. But given their huge turret push I doubt that'll happen.

I would love it if they make a huge Gozanti, and like the Rebel Transport's X-wing, we got a couple new named Tie pilots with it. If there were somebody to give a group of Ties a little more defensive synergy I would be in heaven. But given their huge turret push I doubt that'll happen.

Scrap TIEs. We want TIE Advanced fixes with the Gozanti. TIEs can be with the Vigil.

• 1. Wraiths could not cloak. the Cloak X-wing (called the StealthX) was invented by the Jedi and put into service immediately after the Vong war.

Thanks for the correction. I was totally thinking of that as I put it. I would definetly like to see one of these. Could counter act the Phantom

Apart from the already mentioned TIE Aggressor, improved TIE Advanced, Preybird, and Chiss Clawcraft:

Bespin Cloudcar

Generic crewmembers added to a fighter-size expansion such as the Aggressor and Cloudcar

X-wing repaints

I want to see the tie advanced VIABLE!

Tie advanced title upgrade pack:

Tie advanced x2, unique, add cannon

Tie advanced x3, unique, add turret

Tie advanced x4, unique, add crew

Tie advanced x5, unique, add boost

Tie advanced x6, unique, add 1 attack

Tie advanced x7, unique, add "you get the point"

The unique aspect keeps away spamming. Vader IS the tie advanced x1, hence why its missing. I also am not certain what version was what, so its kind of just a proof of concept list. Sales of a card pack and/or a repackaged model should be enough to warrant a simple release.

I want to see the tie advanced VIABLE!

Tie advanced title upgrade pack:

Tie advanced x2, unique, add cannon

Tie advanced x3, unique, add turret

Tie advanced x4, unique, add crew

Tie advanced x5, unique, add boost

Tie advanced x6, unique, add 1 attack

Tie advanced x7, unique, add "you get the point"

The unique aspect keeps away spamming. Vader IS the tie advanced x1, hence why its missing. I also am not certain what version was what, so its kind of just a proof of concept list. Sales of a card pack and/or a repackaged model should be enough to warrant a simple release.

X2 is the Avenger and had no cannons

X3 is the Interceptor. I'd support giving it a turret because why not? Sure.

X7 is the Defender. Doesn't need more point, is already over costed.

Was that it? I thought the advanced was kinda like a generic test bed platform before moving on to the next step and placing it on the newer models... Huh, learn something new every day...

Oh, on topic, I also want the Rogue Shadow, don't care how, just want the model....

Edited by Gadgetron

All of a sudden, I find my quote button not working, otherwise I would address Hasselstein directly: How dare you, sir! Talon Karrde was more civil than many an Imperial officer! I seem to recall Admiral Pellaeon complimenting him personally! I seem to recall him talking about an organization that would give information to the New Republic and Imperial Remnant, as well. Need I mention several episodes during the Yuuzhan Vong War?

Other than that, a Gozanti would be great. And if the Yuuzhan Vong show up this side of the universe, I call for Jagged Fel and Twin Suns Squadron!  

I think more than just new pilot cards, we need cards that allow us to use ships we have by the other side.

Case in point would be:

Slave I - Rebel Card - Emon Azzamen in the Andrasta

TIE Phantom - Rebel Card - Rookie One

TIE Phantom - Rebel Card - Ru Murleen

YT-1300 - Rebel Card - both the Sabra and Selu

And also some generic cards for the TIE's and Rebel rights that allow for use by both sides.

I concur with many of you in this thread and I think I can boil it down to a pretty simple wishlist:

A relevant TIE Advanced.

More Aces-style repaints.

New or updated pilots. (Looking at Y-wing especially)

An Imperial huge ship. I haven't purchased a CR-90 yet... I just really want an Imperial cruiser to match her. (Tartan patrol cruiser maybe?)

I guess I would love to see the Assault Gunboat... But I can't think of other faction ships I'd want to see beyond what is available and on the way... Maybe have it come with Imperial and Rebel pilots/dials...? The ships of the other famous bounty hunters would be a pretty neat add for Scum. The Mist Hunter and Punishing One are fighter size I think...? and Hound's Tooth could get the HWK-290 "light freighter" treatment.

I've got a few obscure ones, but worth a shot~

The TIE Hunter. It could be the first Imperial ship with two torpedo slots and the cannon slot, plus you could easily give it the Segnors' Loop.

The V-Wing: I was thinking Scum for this, since you could give it Salvaged Astromechs, but you could even make it the first tri-faction ship in the game. While a ship from the prequels, it could work many light interceptor roles, and hey, I like it.

I think more than just new pilot cards, we need cards that allow us to use ships we have by the other side.

Case in point would be:

Slave I - Rebel Card - Emon Azzamen in the Andrasta

The Andrasta and Emon Azzameen will be considered Scum for the upcoming Most Wanted pack. I was surprised and pleased by this when I spotted it~ :3

All of a sudden, I find my quote button not working, otherwise I would address Hasselstein directly: How dare you, sir! Talon Karrde was more civil than many an Imperial officer! I seem to recall Admiral Pellaeon complimenting him personally! I seem to recall him talking about an organization that would give information to the New Republic and Imperial Remnant, as well. Need I mention several episodes during the Yuuzhan Vong War?

Other than that, a Gozanti would be great. And if the Yuuzhan Vong show up this side of the universe, I call for Jagged Fel and Twin Suns Squadron!

He is part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take him away!

Or something like that.

The ships of the other famous bounty hunters would be a pretty neat add for Scum. The Mist Hunter and Punishing One are fighter size I think...? and Hound's Tooth could get the HWK-290 "light freighter" treatment.

Mist Hunter is small (similar to the HWK)

Punishing One is large (Dengar's ship is modified with a turret run by an astromech)

Hound's Tooth is huge (midway between a YT-1300 and a Rebel Transport)

Nashtah Pup (Bossk's Z-95 which is docked inside the Hound's Tooth), this really should be in the Most Wanted pack, but it doesn't seem to be.

I think Punishing One is going to be in wave 7, since S&V don't have a ship to fill that role yet. I doubt we'll see the other two any time soon.