Sign in to follow this  
BobaFett THX1138

What new ships would you like to see and play with X-wing?

I would like to see and play the Ghost from Rebels. Maybe a Mandalorian Baislik or one of the jedi starfighters from Clone wars.  Others would be to put a cloak on an Xwing like the EU wraith squadron I think it was that they could cloak.  Also a Hapan ship or Yzong Vong ship would be intersting.

Why doesn't this forum have pins? We should pin one topic for a desired fighter thread since this pops up now and again.

Standard answer for this? XG-1 Assault Gunboat, TIE Avenger.

The XG-1 could be a beam weapon carrier (tractors, jammers) on top of being a rugged 2-dice dogfighter. Could be a cheaper cannon carrier than the TIE Defender as well. Packs at least one missile also.

The TIE Avenger could be the TIE interceptor on steroids, or what the TIE Defender wished it could do if it traded in the cannon slot. A cheap, hyper-mobile fighter with Segnor's loop built in. Possibly 2/3 to share the same vulnerability that the E-Wing has and maybe only bank 1s. Iffy if you wanted to put the white K-4 back in or keep it red to distinguish it from the better Defender.

Standard answer for this? XG-1 Assault Gunboat

I always thought the XG-1 was ugly as sin, and looked completely out of place, but I could totally see them adding it.  It's a lot more well known that the Devastator.

I'd love to see the YT-2000 as both a rebel and scum ship.  I'd also like to see:

Action VI Transport - Scum Huge Ship

Bulk Cruiser - Imperial Huge Ship

Slave 2 - Scum Large Ship

I don't see the Wild Karrde as Villainous. Talon Karrde isn't evil. And he isn't exactly the Scum of the galaxy, either.

What do you mean?? He assisted the Rebellion (so-called "New Republic") LOADS of times. If that isn't scum, I don't know what is.

But before anything else. I want an Imperial Huge.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Considering that FFG has chosen ships like the Decimator before other well known ships is that at this point were they have gotten the most famous EU ships, they will add ships for what they add to the game not for how famous they are.

There are lots of ships that wouldnt really add much to the game. R-41, Planetary Fighters, T-Wings... are overall too similar to the Z-95 or the M3-A and S&V already has those. Same goes for the Otana for the rebels. The only way I could see it was if the Otana was made for S&V.

The XG-1 I guess would add to the imperials. They dont have a slow well armoured fighter like the B-Wing. But most new TIEs (all those "TIE-Evil Adjective") dont really bring anything new to the table. I would prefer new card for old ships.

I think the K-Wing would be a nice adition to the rebels. A very slow fighter with missiles and torpedoes and a turbolaser turret.

It wouldnt surprise me they did the Nova Courier as a shuttle for the rebels.

The Action IV as a huge ship for S&V. Probably the Vigil corvette for the Empire or the Gozanti.

The thing is, while the S&V has a lot of terrain to explore, there arent that many ships for Rebels or Empire left that would be interesting for the game.

Considering that FFG has chosen ships like the Decimator before other well known ships is that at this point were they have gotten the most famous EU ships, they will add ships for what they add to the game not for how famous they are.

There are lots of ships that wouldnt really add much to the game. R-41, Planetary Fighters, T-Wings... are overall too similar to the Z-95 or the M3-A and S&V already has those. Same goes for the Otana for the rebels. The only way I could see it was if the Otana was made for S&V.

The XG-1 I guess would add to the imperials. They dont have a slow well armoured fighter like the B-Wing. But most new TIEs (all those "TIE-Evil Adjective") dont really bring anything new to the table. I would prefer new card for old ships.

I think the K-Wing would be a nice adition to the rebels. A very slow fighter with missiles and torpedoes and a turbolaser turret.

It wouldnt surprise me they did the Nova Courier as a shuttle for the rebels.

The Action IV as a huge ship for S&V. Probably the Vigil corvette for the Empire or the Gozanti.

The thing is, while the S&V has a lot of terrain to explore, there arent that many ships for Rebels or Empire left that would be interesting for the game.

The last thing we want is more rebel ships with 360 turrets.