Sign in to follow this  
force kin

Destroyed my defender

Whilst it sucks your toy got ruined, please remember that companies don't simply write off replacements. Everything you buy has a percentage added to recover the cost of replacements, customer service, stolen property, etc.

I'm seeing a few threads recently where people have had a dog chew their toys, or even simply lost them .. and expected replacements. I say a resounding "suck it up princess" to these people. It is NOT FFG's responsibility to replace them .. and by milking their amazing customer service you are driving up their operation costs and therefore, the prices of their products for everyone else.

Again, sucks about your Defender .. now go and buy another one.

Whilst it sucks your toy got ruined, please remember that companies don't simply write off replacements. Everything you buy has a percentage added to recover the cost of replacements, customer service, stolen property, etc.

I'm seeing a few threads recently where people have had a dog chew their toys, or even simply lost them .. and expected replacements. I say a resounding "suck it up princess" to these people. It is NOT FFG's responsibility to replace them .. and by milking their amazing customer service you are driving up their operation costs and therefore, the prices of their products for everyone else.

It's one thing to expect a replacement and it's another thing to ask for it.  Some companies like to give good customer service and are willing to pay the cost of a plastic ship or cardboard dial to make their player base happy.  The fact that there are a number of people who have such high thoughts of the company that they think FFG might send something is a testiment to the positive image a company has with it's player base. 

I want pictures of the derpfender.

Or the Defendead. :P

Your ships aren't going to get cheaper if he doesn't ask customer service.

Edited by Lagomorphia

yeah,
I imagine they split open retail packs for custom service and they have a bunch of spare ships after they replace peoples missing/damaged cards/dials/pegs/bases etc...

They never helped me when my tantive arrived with broken engines.
FFG told me to send it back, which is not something that can easily be done with online re-sellers, especially with regards to who pays for the extra P&P...

I ended up stuck with a broken Tantive.
So maybe their hearts are hardening due to the shear amount of sad stories they receive.
But you can try.

Panic...

Edited by Panic

Honestly if you cant afford to replace a $15 item you need to rethink your finances, involvement in the hobby etc etc

Are you married?  Kids?

There are a lot of things in X-wing to buy.  I've alreay spent a couple hundred dollars on this game and I'm sure to spend a few more.  Still, I need to be as frugal as I can with my hobby spending.  I'm not poor, but I'm a family man.  Family spending trumps everything.   While I can afford to spend another $15 to replace it, it is still the better thing to contact their customer service to see if I can get one or at least purchase the specific part at a reduce price. 

I swear, the people that are upset that this guy just wants to ask for replacement is a little off kilter.  It's not like he's saying he deserves it or is demanding it. 

Honestly if you cant afford to replace a $15 item you need to rethink your finances, involvement in the hobby etc etc

Who are you ? 

I ask, because maybe you can solve my finance problems too. Should i stop having long showers too ? Any other life changing decissions you can make for me ?

Who are you ? 

I ask, because maybe you can solve my finance problems too. Should i stop having long showers too ? Any other life changing decissions you can make for me ?

Stop showering all together and ditch your girl/boyfriend they are just a drain on your resources, if you have kids adoptions always an option.

yeah,
There are stories of FFG helping people who lost their ships, so it's worth a shot.

The tantive engines are glued in quite weakley, one of mine came loose but it was easy to fix with a dab of superglue

The fact that the engine is glued in badly means more tantives will break and FFG will tell more people to send it back to their retailers. ​Small/sh*tty online retailers will make this as difficult as possible. But I don't think that was the point, I contacted FFG to fix the problem as I didn't buy a multi part kit.
They didn't help so I have a self repaired model, I would have prefered a replacement. 

Panic...

Edited by Panic

Busted the whole model... just buy a new one guy.

You act like someone either rich or someone without wife and kids. :)

Or someone who thinks breaking is his own fault in this case.

FFG will probably replace it, I know I'd feel like a jerk asking. I am handy though so I would turn it into debris. Defenders are great for debris, they are big and have plenty of parts, and they are not that great. Buy a new one and enjoy your extra Predator card.

Edited by Skargoth

FFG should not replace it.  You were the one who was responsible for breaking it.  It had nothing to do with anything FFG did.  FFG should not be dumb enough to replace your miniature.  Then everybody on theese boards could make up a story and say they broke it and then ask for a replacement.  It does not matter if you have a wife or kids, FFG should not be responsible for providing you free miniatures.  I have a wife and kids, you don't see me trying to rip-off FFG. 

Edited by Mesrob