Sign in to follow this  
force kin

Destroyed my defender

I accidentally dropped my defender model and didn't realize until after I had run it over with my car, braking it into about a dozen tiny pieces.

I'm going to try and glue it all back together. I've never been too slick with things like finicky gluing.

Tonight, I'll give it a shot and the derpfender will be born.

Do you reckon a well- written letter to ffg might yield me a new model? Seems silly to have to buy a new one in the likely event I can't glue the thing back together in a reasonable fashion.

UPDATE:

Pics posted on page 3

Edited by force kin

Well the defender is awful so maybe it is an improvement!

Why do you say the Defender is awful?  I'm loving mine.  It might not be meta-changing as the Phantom, but I would definately not call it awful.

As for the pictures, what I meant was to include them in the emial to FFG.  It will probably help you.  After having said that and the fact that you are willing to share, I'd love to see them.

Do you reckon a well- written letter to ffg might yield me a new model?

It's not FFG's fault you broke it, so why should they replace it? If you accidentally shot up your car with your TIE Defender, would you expect your car to be replaced for free by the manufacturer? (Car analogy FTW)

Do you reckon a well- written letter to ffg might yield me a new model?

It's not FFG's fault you broke it, so why should they replace it? If you accidentally shot up your car with your TIE Defender, would you expect your car to be replaced for free by the manufacturer? (Car analogy FTW)

Obviously we're hypothesizing about a car without 3PO in it, right?  If he were, according to the forums, there's no way that defender would stand a chance.

FFG were very kind in replacing my interceptor and TIE/ln after my friends dog chewed them to bits.   If no pieces are mangled though you may well be allright with superglue.  

One of my A wings engines broke off during play and that was easy to glue back in.

edit: aaaah  i missed the 'run over by car' bit, i imagine its fairly mangled and grazed as well...

Edited by Gadge

I've got to see how it turns out in the glued together fashion too.  Add the parts to an advanced and you might get one decent ship.  Vader's advanced defender. Vader with a HLC would be way OP though.