Sign in to follow this  
Englishpete

Tycho after wave 5 (a build that suits his style?)

So,

I was tinkering with Tycho and came up with the following as an experiment. It plays to Tycho's strength with stress tokens and makes him very slippery. I'm not sure what I pair him with yet, but a couple of other highly slippery A-wings spring to mind.

37 points
Tycho Celchu
A-Wing Test Pilot, Proton Rockets, Stay on Target, Stealth Device, Push the Limit

For what it's worth... We had a discussion about this sorta on the rules board and got a email from Frank about it.

You can stack PtL and Experimental Interface to effectively gain 3 actions a turn, but doing so gets you 2 stress.

The action you take with Tycho triggers either PtL or EI, and the free action from that triggers the other, then when you've completed your 3 actions you get 2 stress, one from PtL, one from EI.

For what it's worth... We had a discussion about this sorta on the rules board and got a email from Frank about it.You can stack PtL and Experimental Interface to effectively gain 3 actions a turn, but doing so gets you 2 stress.The action you take with Tycho triggers either PtL or EI, and the free action from that triggers the other, then when you've completed your 3 actions you get 2 stress, one from PtL, one from EI.

So would that mean Jake Farrell doesn't have to take Focus first is you plan on using his ability and Push?

I've been running "Psycho" Tycho with Experimental Interface and EH quite a bit lately. Combined with Proton Rockets he's been making Outriders cry wonderful tears.

So would that mean Jake Farrell doesn't have to take Focus first is you plan on using his ability and Push?

You could preform an action any action really, use that to trigger PtL and use PtL to preform a focus action, the focus action from PtL would let you preform the boost or barrel roll.

It would work like this in chart form...

Action

|

Trigger Push the Limit

|

|- Focus Action from PtL

|-- Boost or Barrel roll action from Focus

|- Gain stress from PtL.

Or, you can switch Stay on Target for VI.  Now Tycho moves after Whisper, and one-shots her with a proton rocket.  I mean common, how much do the rebel scum loath Phantoms?  Give in to your hate, it will make you powerful! ;)

Edited by Texx

I think Expert Handling, Veteran Instincts, and Experimental Interface along with the near-mandatory Chaardan Refit is the way to go with Tycho. Moving last and having the actions to move to wherever he wants makes him perfect for hunting Phantoms and the like, albeit it may take him a few turns to tackle them still with only 2-3 dice.

careful with Tycho and Stay on Target--revealing red maneuvers is still bad when you're stressed.  His ability only disregards stress for actions, not for maneuvering.

Depends on how this gets ruled. SOT and the red maneuver + stress check both happen simultaneously. So you reveal a white maneuver, pass the check, and then turn it into a red maneuver. Now it's too late to go back and check for "revealing a red maneuver" again, so you execute the red maneuver and get another stress token that you don't care about. However, this seems to be against the intent of the card, so I wouldn't depend on using it unless FFG explicitly approves it.

As for Tycho in general: PTL + VI + proton rockets. PS 10 to outmaneuver everyone, proton rockets to make them explode.

I would give Tycho Daredevil.  With Daredevil he never needs to k-turn (the only natural red manuver on the dial).  So you can just ignore stress in most games.  I had a friend who used a d20 to represent Tycho's stress.

Tycho + PtL + Daredevil + Proton Rockets (and maybe a stealth device)

Edited by Hrathen

Tycho becomes really versatile with all this new bling. It all depends on what you want to do with him. Once Wave 5 hits I would gladly run him with PtL, PR, Stealth Device, Test Pilot, Lone Wolf.

Also:

PtL, PR, SD, TP, DD/Outmaneuver/EH/Predator/VI

Or

PtL, PR, TP, DD/EH, EI

To get three actions in and extra arc-dodging.

I would give Tycho Daredevil.  With Daredevil he never needs to k-turn (the only natural red manuver on the dial).  So you can just ignore stress in most games.  I had a friend who used a d20 to represent Tycho's stress.

This, I'm gonna do this once I finally get my Rebel Aces.

Stealth device on Tycho . Hmmmm interseting  I am still new and never thought of trying that.  Will have to give it a go

Tycho with Stealth Device and PtL is close to impossible to hit. PS8 ensures really good arc-dodging, 4 defense dice and focus+evade usually gets him out of most firefights unharmed.

Man my font size went funny ! Sorry for that .  What is the ruling about putting stealth on ships like that. thought you could only put it on the phantom.

You're confusing Stealth Device and Advanced Cloaking Device.