Sign in to follow this  
Whiplash450

Dark Heresy 2ndEd. Character Generator + Skill Picker

Ok so I made this for myself and my gaming group and I thought that I would share it and see if it would be useful for any other DH players.

http://heresycreator.96.lt/

If you have any feedback then post it here along with any corrections if I got something wrong.

If you have any suggestions for additional features then post them and I will consider them!

** The talent picker is something that I'm working on but talents are more complicated than skills due to their prerequisites so it might take me a while.

regards,

Whiplash450.

I would suggest a way to pick the psyker elite advance (which gives one the psyker aptitude) and characteristic advances

Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly be adding characteristic(stat) advances (most likely before talents as it will be much easier!). I have not yet looked at the elite advances in great detail, but they will definitely go on the todo list. Depending on how easy they will be to add they may or may not get done before Talents.

Keep the feedback & suggestions coming as I'm trying to make this as good as I can!

This is pretty cool. One weird thing is that it keeps telling me that I need to choose a Background after even picking one then going to the Role.

After picking your background you need to select your 'choice' aptitude (Each background provides an option of two [non-stat]  aptitudes) before picking a role.

OK so I made it scroll the screen down to the aptitude box, highlight the choice box in red and show an alert; to make it more obvious. (works in chrome but haven't tested it in other browsers)

Edited by Whiplash450

Will it generate the FFG pdf character sheet at the end? :)

Yea not sure about that. I will perhaps look into printing in some form once the generator is feature complete. But I have my suspicions that it will not be possible.

This is pretty cool. One weird thing is that it keeps telling me that I need to choose a Background after even picking one then going to the Role.

After picking your background you need to select your 'choice' aptitude (Each background provides an option of two [non-stat]  aptitudes) before picking a role.

OK so I made it scroll the screen down to the aptitude box, highlight the choice box in red and show an alert; to make it more obvious. (works in chrome but haven't tested it in other browsers)

Works in Chrome, not in Firefox for some weird reason. 

Will it generate the FFG pdf character sheet at the end? :)

Yea not sure about that. I will perhaps look into printing in some form once the generator is feature complete. But I have my suspicions that it will not be possible.

Pretty sure it's possible as I've seen it don with other generators. I'm not a computer programmer or anything but I do know that it basically requires you to port over your end results to an editable PDF. Check out the Ordo malleus website for a good example of what I'm referring to.

Otherwise: looking good so far! Keep it up! :D

Works in Chrome, not in Firefox for some weird reason. 

Odd. it works fine for me in Firefox.

I took the liberty to update your Character Creator:

http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B-ETaRg2_FoOfkNHVE1DSTBFZXJiTHhmeGU1MUV2RjVqUnZBcEVEeUhXVFlJMmUzdkNvUFE

Few remarks:

- Only general homeworlds are selectable

- Mutant background misses some options, such as picking traits.

Bugs are always possible. Deal with it. ;)

Edit: I also noticed just now that the original link (first post) died. :(

Edited by Gridash

I took the liberty to update your Character Creator:

http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B-ETaRg2_FoOfkNHVE1DSTBFZXJiTHhmeGU1MUV2RjVqUnZBcEVEeUhXVFlJMmUzdkNvUFE

Few remarks:

- Only general homeworlds are selectable

- Mutant background misses some options, such as picking traits.

Bugs are always possible. Deal with it. ;)

Edit: I also noticed just now that the original link (first post) died. :(

Thanks! That's really cool!

I'd just like to mention that all the traits seem to appear twice - the list repeats itself.

Will you continue working on this? I'd love if there was a way to be an Untouchable or take the psyker elite advance without being a mystic.

Talents would be cool too, but I have no idea how hard it is to implement.

Edited by Talon of Anathrax