Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

Fourth faction: confirmed

I suppose anything is possible. I mean, I didn't see the Scum faction coming at all, my money was on a two faction game for the duration.

Having said that, I don't see the appeal of this faction. At least with Scum there are characters that fans enjoy that we can finally see on the table, such as every bounty hunter you can think of.

But with Citizens of the Galaxy? Who the hell would be an anticipated pilot?

The ice cream guy from cloud city?

Edited by Explosive Ewok

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2014 at 1:30 PM, newmagrathea said:

I having trouble thinking of ships and pilots for this. 

Shhh...it's a sooper-seekrit, but I have some snapshots of a few of the minis they are already working on for this faction...

pic4081062.png

Edited by xanderf

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how I would envision noncombatants being fielded in a game about combat.

Did you pay money for that? How many points is it? When was the last time you played it at a tournament?

I think it's granted that most of this game is about that combat, and that much of the X-Wing community is aimed at tournaments as being the highest level of play. I also don't think that FFG is going to spend its resources developing material outside of the competitive-and-balanced format.

That said, there's no need to be snide about the desire of many people (myself included) to have this game be about a lot more than that.

I do think there's room for overlap between roleplaying and tabletop battles. I've already spent countless hours devising an online engine that facilitates just that. Unfortunately, it seems to be the casualty of time constraints, and I haven't worked on it for a month at least. :(

Did you pay money for that? How many points is it? When was the last time you played it at a tournament?

1) No.  Came in the starter set - great value! (couldn't find a pic of just the token).  

2) It's 0pts.  You get it free when you play Mission One as the rebels.  

3) I've never been to a tournament.

Will any of them be a legit counter to a Fat Han though?

It's amazing against Fat Han - 6 HP, 6 SP, 2 evade dice (3 at range 3) and if it makes it to the enemy edge you auto-win.  Also, any friendly ship at range 1 can sacrifice an action to give it an evade token.

Kicks the crap out of Fat Han.  Possibly OP.
Edited by Bakura83

Combining roleplaying and tactical is always a blast when it works. When i created my first Corvan ship it was an unarmed wreck for the first few games having barely escaped an Imperial planetary bombardment. The gradual build up to an effective smuggler and finally combat vessel was part of the joy. Giving quite the thrill to finally being able to turn the tableso n all the ships we originally had to run from. But with that being said im not sure how much fun it would have been if the ship had never become armed and effective. Roleplaying is fun but i like ship combat