Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

THE WHINGING THREAD. Phantoms, Fat Hans, S&V.. post your gripes here...

Rather than having eight threads a week moaning how the end of the world is coming because , Y or Z is 'broken', 'overpowered' or 'i dont like it'

Please stick em all here so i only have to ignore one thread and not have dozens moaning about the same old thing to wade through :)

Of course no one *will* because no one can be bothered to read previous threads before telling us all how badly done by they are by FFG as its more important that *their* version of griping is heard :)

Seriously guys, just lurk for a day or two and see that there are already several threads about the same thing before creating an identical one.

indeed.

I find xwing probably the quickest to set up, easiest to learn, most *fun* wargame/tabletop game i own.

yeah the odd thing happens that is perhaps annoying but on the whole its a fantastic game.

I get some people want to air their grievances to FFG but its crowding the forums and pushing down *interesting* posts when everyone thinks they are a special sunflower and need to start a whole new thread to say what someone pretty much said a week ago.

Yes, because people who want their repetitive and whining opinions get heard as serious opinions will go to a thread that has the word "whining" on the title.

Can I complain about complaining or is that going to cause someone to complain about my complaining about people complaining?

Edit: one **** error completely ruined that :(

I find it fascinating that you managed to complain about your own complain in your edit :D

Yes, because people who want their repetitive and whining opinions get heard as serious opinions will go to a thread that has the word "whining" on the title.

Can I complain about complaining or is that going to cause someone to complain about my complaining about people complaining?

Edit: one **** error completely ruined that :(

I find it fascinating that you managed to complain about your own complain in your edit :D

'Whinging' actually chap, and do you not think we might be being a little tongue in cheek here?  :)

I'd like to complain about your avatar... not star wars enough!  :)

In all seriousness, can i edit the tile, i can add 'avatars' to the list of gripes...

Edited by Gadge

want to be contrarian ...

We simply don't have enough UP (under-powered) ships in this game.  It's just not fair.  :P

Stick with the TIE Advanced, you won't be disappointed.

Maybe that's why I have 4 of them ...  :o  :D

Not a complaint, more of an observation.  The nature of the conversations on this board seems to have changed a lot, and become very polarized.  FFG has made a great game and I love it, but I don't feel compelled to defend every desicion they make, irregardless of what the numbers show.  If someone things that something is overpowered, they are immediately labled a "whiner" and dismissed.  This alienates a lot of people and creates a divide in the community.  I am not in one camp or the other really on 3PO for instance, I have not played it enough to comment, though I would say the the falcon was highly competitive before C3PO, and it does not seem to need any help.   I guess my point is this.  There is a tendency by some of the more experienced players to knee jerk defend evrything FFG does, instead of trying to be objective.  Using the Falcon as the example again.  Yes the falcon can still be beaten even with 3PO on board.  No, it is not easy, in fact it is quite a bit harder than it was to do so, and you have to factor 3PO and fat han into your list when building, because he is going to show up.  We all know this.  the question isn't really whether it is beatable, but is it overpowered?  I think if we look at things objectively, it certainly seems to be a strong buff on a ship that did not need any help.  now, someone has already labeled me a whiner I am sure.  I realize that other combos have seemed overpowered before, but have proven to have many lists that can take them down. I realize we get a "sky is falling" post everytime something new comes out.  But when someone (Legitamately) complains about something that also many others have complained about, maybe it's time, as a community, to take a serious look at it instead of dismissing it again, and again, and again.

300 people say 3PO is overpowered  - "those whiners, they just need to learn to fly better, it can be beaten, I've killed fat han, etc, etc, etc. 

Maybe so, but, trying to be objective, not being a fan boy, and also generally not a whiner, it seems to me that 3PO is overpowered, and there seems to be a huge amount of power creep lately in general.  what they seem to be doing is amping this ship, then going and amping that one, crew slot for bwing. makes a great ship even more powerful.  Now lets go tweak this one over here.  I for one don't like the power creep we are beginning to see.  Now someone will post the required, if you don't like it, don't play, I'll buy all your minis. 

More than fat han, more than power creep, it's the lack of objectivity, rabid fanboyism that dismisses anything that might be considered negative.  In other words, If you don't thik that every single desicion they make is perfect, then you need to quit whining and quit the game.

This is not a healthy forum enviornment.  It is not an enviornment that encourages people to play the game.  It is not an enviornment that allows for a healthy growth of the game.

There are some objective voices out there, but they seem to be fewer and fewer.  The only thing anyone is really allowed to complain about is the tie advanced. 

So, this post did not end up where it started, and I realize the issuses surrounding fat han keep coming up and have been beat to death (curious that there are so many though, don't ya think?)

Anyway, there you go. "Whining" complete.

Valid points.

for what its worth my reason for putting this thread up was not so much to state that these threads have no validity it was more than people should actually read previous posts and rather than putting up a new thread that doesnt actually add to the forum, just clutters it, they should contribute their views to an existing one.

But people are lazy and cant be bothered to see if its been said before, and in general everyone thinks that 'their' insight is superior to others and everyone should read their whing.

Like i say, originally i was having a bit of a joke with this, and i'm aware of the irony of a complaint about complaints and that this in itself adds nothing to the forum.

i don't disagree that we have had the same discussion about the falcon over and over.  In that, we agree.  People should search before raising and issue that has been a nearly constant one for at least the last month.

FFG should redo the damage deck to suit my particular desire and either force every tournament player to purchase the upgraded deck or send a free deck to everyone who requests one.