Sign in to follow this  
heychadwick

B-wing/E2 w/ Nien Nunb?

B-wing/E2 costs 1 pt.  It allows you to have a crew. 

I looked at all the cheapest crew.  Nien Nunb is only 1pt.  He makes all straight manuevers green. 

So....for a B-wing, 3 straight would be green and 4 straight would go from RED to GREEN.  All this for only 2 pts.  Not bad.....

I almost immediately thought of this combo when I heard about the E2. I think it's totally worth it, depending on the pilot! He'd probably be a great choice with hypermobile Ten Numb, but even Nera and generic pilots could really benefit from this.

I've actually also been considering the Lando and Leebo crew cards. Lando would be awesome on just some Blue or Dagger with no real inclinations for actions in the early game, and Leebo seems interesting, though challenging to use on a B-Wing. Also, Dash just seems dirty if you know how to move him and his B-Wing onto an obstacle in a really annoying position.

I definitely like the idea of Nien Nunb.  He can certainly make your B-wing faster.  Threepio will be a strong choice.  Chewbacca is absolutely powerful as well.  I suggested it at my FLGS and had to remind other players that you can use him when you would otherwise die, if needed.  Reason being was that once a B-wing is shieldless or even at 1 shield, it's easy for a heavy hitter to close in and blow them away.  Looking forward to Tactician on them.  Should be fun.  Also, can't wait to run Jan Ors in a B-wing next to Chewbacca with Threepio, Kyle Katarn, and the Title.  Allows that Falcon another evade token while still focusing its attack, thereby receiving three auto-cancelled hits per turn.

Anyway, I ran off topic a little.  Yes, Nien Nunb will be good on a B-wing.  

Don't want to be a total buzzkill, but the only time I've seen a B-wing make a 4 forward is in the beginning of the game, after that it rarely needs to, unless it tries to chase a fleeing ship.

Gives you six options for green instead of four. It will make you a lot more unpredictable when you want to clear stress.

I think its ok on a B-wing that goes on a flank.

But to be honest the hidden gem is the intelligence agent. Blue with E2/intelligence agent and advanced sensors. Get better choices to make when taking actions and more line of sight due to the barrel-roll options.

Definitely be good with PtL. A see though that a lot of B Wings rely on being Stressed? 

So maybe someone like Ibtisam, who gets those nice rerolls, can PtL to stress, do rerolls, and more easily rinse and repeat. 

Don't want to be a total buzzkill, but the only time I've seen a B-wing make a 4 forward is in the beginning of the game, after that it rarely needs to, unless it tries to chase a fleeing ship.

Gives you six options for green instead of four. It will make you a lot more unpredictable when you want to clear stress.

Unpredictable, idk.  They can probably assume you're going to fly straight, because you probably are.  But, it DOES help prevent fast ships from bolting away from you, or just helping close some distance without penalty.  

I can't wait to try this: Keyan Farlander + E2-Numb + Adv. Sen + EU + PTL

Yeah he's 41 points, but he is Soontir Fel in a B-wing. Boost + Barrel roll, stress, move, Shoot, remove stress, Watch everything die. Repeat. Maybe you don't need Numb, but it makes him about as quick as a squint.

Edited by Jo Jo

What about Han crew with FCS? Free TLs to help hunt the Big ships we'll be seeing a lot of. It helps free up actions for Barrel Rolling or Boosting with EU to maintain Range 1. If they have an EPT slot you can add Predator to really get the most out of your dice.

Sadly it's kinda a waste if used on Farlander thanks to his own Focus generating ability. :/

Well sure, because otherwise it gives him a stress. How would people have flown the B-Wing without the reds is a different matter. That's a whole new style of flying that thing.