Sign in to follow this  
TasteTheRainbow

TC Open Lists

http://teamcovenant.com/theorist/2014/09/16/tc-open-players-and-squad-lists/

Theorist posted the lists(2) for everyone participating in the TC open. This tournament includes wave 5 and aces, so it's quite a different meta than we saw at nationals.

Surprising things for me?

SO MANY TURRETS!

Look at all those YT-2400/A-Wing lists!

Double Decimators everywhere!

Where did all the Falcons go?

There's plenty of falcons still.  I actually made a post where I added up all the lists and about 55% had either a named falcon, decimator, outrider with HLC, or named phantom with ACD.  So it IS turret heavy, but not as heavy as I was expecting.  However as most people took only one turret list, if everyone picks the turret list to play with the numbers might skew much higher.

I thing the two list thing does shake up the meta a bit because you don't have to counter everything in a single list.

I saw a lot of cookie cutter Dash builds but I think it is the first real big shake out of the wave 5 meta so it is expected that people want to play with new toys.

No one mentioned my list (under a different name)! Makes me sad. I should have run a turret list to be cool like everyone else.

I noticed a bunch of zzzbb, outrider, mini swarm + phantom or decimator, and tons of a-wings.

Edited by Koshinn

Yea they might just be trying them out before World's. But if this is even close to the new meta then I see why they were talking turret/TIE Adv/interceptor help.

Well, there's some speculation that maybe the Wave 5 won't be here before World's since it's not even on the boat yet.  

I think that trying to read anything from a field of 100+ players with two lists each probably isn't all that useful.  I selected a Dash list as one of my choices, but I am incredibly unlikely to bring a turret, even one that performs well, to a tourney where I have one list.   Maybe after the swiss, more can be gleaned, but until then...

I'd also add that I can't wait for something that will make interceptors better against ships like the Falcon. I  already love flying them against them and have a lot of success doing so.

I did 1-2 with both of my non-wave 5 lists.

I really think a dash + corran build will win it all.  Decimator plus phantom is very tough as well, as you're facing BOTH of the worst archetypes in the game, phantoms and turrets.  Can you imagine fat han with a phantom?? That's about what the decimator with phantom is.

But you know turrets are fine guys and they are in no way the easy mode option.

/sarcasm off

Look what turrets have done to our dog fighting game, I don't know what they intend to do to boost squints but I hope it arrives sooner rather than later, and that it will help all those shiny a-wings people just bought.

There's plenty of falcons still.  I actually made a post where I added up all the lists and about 55% had either a named falcon, decimator, outrider with HLC, or named phantom with ACD.

On a  2 list format, what did you really expect ?