Sign in to follow this  
Kilazar

My Request to FFG

For reference, the upgrade cards in the above pictures, and one more pair of pages, are from all of this:

14779372949_bf3ed25040.jpg

Entire fleet including Wave 5 ships by mbax, on Flickr

10 page sides, 9 pockets each, 90 pockets to cover 60+ small base, 14 big base and 3 huge ships. All of my pilot cards, alt art cards also fit in the same binder, with room to spare.

yeah 'loom band bracelet' bands are brilliant to fix your target locks together

you can get them in all colours (like rebel red and imperial bright green :)  )  and you get hundreds for about £1 gbp!

There are cheaper ways. I like that binder because it's not a 3 ring binder and fits in my battle foam case pocket, so there is nothing extra to carry. Any side load 9 pocket sheet will work the same. Here's some pictures to illustrate how it works. These are un doctored, straight from the book opening, so you can get a real idea of how things move around while in there.

15258194112_769805e6f5.jpg

X-Wing Upgrade Cards in side load 9 pocket card pages by mbax, on Flickr

15072013048_08137cb67c.jpg

15072011978_4c8413d7dd.jpg

15072000527_be08194d61.jpg

Those are all un-sleeved (well, a couple may be sleeved, but not many). Kinda the worse case scenario for moving around. I literally just got the book out of the battle foam pocket, opened it up and took some pictures. I touched nothing else. That's as bad as it ever gets.

Yes, I do need to reorganize things. Wave 5 is just shoved in there. I need to re do it all. Just have not had time. The pilots are a bit out of wack too.

I have an 9-Pocket Black PRO-Binder that side loads.  The setup is similar to yours.  I have sleeved my cards and they do move around and occasionally fall out.  I tested it without the sleeves and they still fall out.  There is simply no good product on the market for storing mini cards.

I echo the OP.  FFG, PLEASE create a solution!

On a side note, who wants to start a Kickstarter campaign? ; )

Edited by TheWanderingMiller

I use something like this:

hgqRdfC.jpg

as detailed in a recent post I made on storage solutions

It's basically a 20-pocket page made for coins, and the (sleeved) mini-cards come out of them a bit, but it's fairly stable, and apart from the upper row on the first page, things don't usually fall off. It's also very easy to take out upgrades (10-15 seconds for most squads). It even has space to stack duplicates, since it's made for thick coins, I usually don't carry more than 5-6 multiples per card, and they fit perfectly.

Edit: example of this item on Amazon. Not sure if it's the same one, but you get the idea. This should solve your problem and it's relatively easy to do.

I was actually looking at these as a possible solution at one point. That is not bad at all. And with the top's exposed, makes it quicker to get the cards out. Thanks for the pics.

Something that helped me was creating a "junk pile". I have a box with all the cards I know I'll never need to play, like Elusivesness and Boba Fett. Once you pare your cards down to the essentials they're a lot easier to go through.

FFG simply doesn't make that kind of thing, so your email is likely going to be ignored.

At GenGon I talked with a senior guy at UltraPro about the problem. Both of storage and of sleeves. It would be very nice to have sleeves with different backs. Colors or something to indicate which damage deck is which, that kind of thing. I also talked with him about storing large volumes of upgrade and damage cards. He took an interest and some notes. Who knows what will come from it, but I have hope we will see something. With it being the fastest growing miniature game, any product really could sell well.

I have an 9-Pocket Black PRO-Binder that side loads.  The setup is similar to yours.  I have sleeved my cards and they do move around and occasionally fall out.  I tested it without the sleeves and they still fall out.  There is simply no good product on the market for storing mini cards.

A lot of the Minneapolis metro players use a similar setup, no one seems to have issues with cards falling out. Most of us use the Monster Binder (since it fits in a battlefoam case's pocket). I wonder if it's just a case of the UltraPro being not up to the task.

Put me down on a list for a mini card holder as well.   On a new topic for requests, How about a gaming mat that could be played on.  I mean expand one of the magic the gathering type mats they play on  to the legal gaming size,  put stars, a cool looking starwars motif in the middle and then on the sides put spots to put your cards and tokens.  I am just wondering if this could be done or if it would be to big of a problem. What are you're guy's opinions. Or if they are out there point me in the right direction. Thanks

I use something like this:

hgqRdfC.jpg

as detailed in a recent post I made on storage solutions

It's basically a 20-pocket page made for coins, and the (sleeved) mini-cards come out of them a bit, but it's fairly stable, and apart from the upper row on the first page, things don't usually fall off. It's also very easy to take out upgrades (10-15 seconds for most squads). It even has space to stack duplicates, since it's made for thick coins, I usually don't carry more than 5-6 multiples per card, and they fit perfectly.

Edit: example of this item on Amazon. Not sure if it's the same one, but you get the idea. This should solve your problem and it's relatively easy to do.

I bought these for my own cards. However, because the cards stick out a bit, I chose to put pictures of the upgrade icons in the top slots - that way I know exactly what I'm looking at for each page.