Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

B-Wings are best...

Aren't they technically a Heavy Assault Fighter, not a bomber?

They are kind of both, as they had been the fancy modern replacement for our beloved Y-Wing Bombers. The main wing-foil is full of ordnance launching hard points. If you fill them up and do not upgrade your cannons you have a torpedo-bomber of sorts.

Bwing_egvv.jpg

One of my favorite ships hands down. Lots of fun to fly. I need to get better at it but one of the problems I've faced running the b-wing is their slow movement can make them predictable for low PS blockers.

Edited by barabelsftw

Although whats his name thrives on stress so that short K turn becomes very useful

Remove stress to make eyeballs hits guy, yeah he's gonna be good on offense but with no action he's unlikely to dodge incoming fire so you'll get two turns tops to take full effect and I wouldn't go mad on upgrades.

He doesn't need an action if he is stressed in combat as he uses his stress token as a focus token for shooting. If you want to get the best of both worlds, give him Adv.Sensors, then pull the red. Nasty.

Talking defense here, AS is a good move but your still 50/50 on one dodge die that's maybe one turn to strip shields and another to kill.

Biggs as much as I dislike him is always an option.

5qPEf0V.jpg

I sprung for the new Lego B-wing. It's not in the same class as that beautiful beast though!

And yes, B-wings are my favorite Rebel fighter as well.

Gah I have always wanted the Lego Model kit of the B-Wing. Can't find them anywhere! I did finally purchase the new AT-AT though and its a work of art. As for the aforementioned topic, I too have a love of the B-Wing. Its such an awesome looking star ship! 

B wings are cool, I am also looking forward to the aces pack to give them more versatility. But as a rebel fave ship I think it stands tal,..

Of course, though, I'm imperial through and through.. lol.

I play Empire nearly exclusively, but collect both factions, and probably scum and villainy, as my friends don't have the resources to collect their own. This lets me host games that allow both sides to build various squadrons without serious limitations. 

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of B Wings. With the option to add a crew member, I'm starting to see them as the Rebel version of Huge Ivory Space Bovine that can actually maneuver. 

It's hard right now to kill the darn things, and as cheap as you can get them, I always get nervous seeing them across from me. 

I also really like the Dagger paint scheme on the Rebel Aces version. Farlander is going to become a rockstar in our circuit, I just know it. 

I like the b-wing as well, though the y-wing and a wing are my favorites.  Can you imagine how difficult it would be to fly that thing?  It's asymmetrical, and to me the rotating cockpit makes that worse, not better.  "now let's see, where is my Long wing?  1:00? 6:00?  can you imagine trying to fly it through the second death star?  bet you would lose more than a sensor dish.  I realize this is star wars, not real life. In real life, I don't know why you would ever build an asymetrical ship of any kind. It's just asking for trouble.  Nevertheless, I do love my bwings.

You know how easy it is to get disoriented in a space combat sim.  "now which way is up?"  Now you would have to keep track of 2 vectors:  "Up" and "long axis of the ship"  If I were a bwing driver, I think Id have that rotating cockpit disabled. cool movie concept though.