Sign in to follow this  
vorask

Pls FFG talk to the community

So first of all sorry English is not my first language but i hope you will understand me.

Now is a good time to have a community manager communicate about what's happening and why. I'm surprised that there is not yet official post/statement from FFG, i'm guessing there no one hired to handle the community because all that mess could have been avoided.

I think Netrunner is "complex" enough to mostly grab "mentally mature" players, who can understand that some sites cross the line (jinteki.net) and some don't (netrunnerdb). the work from one made the other easier and maybe that's why it's bothering you, but there is probably middle ground solutions to save the community most beloved tool that is netrunnerdb ?

In shorts this post is TALK TO US FFG have some cm handle the crisis !

(PS:make use of those purchase proof you provide in you games to start a convenient way to play online)

A Cease & Desist is the legalese version of "asking nicely." You can't negotiate in good faith with someone who is engaged in an ongoing violation of your rights.

Once the violation ceases, then the pressure's off and the two sides can have a conversation like adults.

And Feesh is right, during that time nobody says anything until the process is done.

I don't work for FFG or represent them in any capacity. I've just been an observer on many instances where C&Ds had to be issued and this is the pattern things usually follow. People treat C&Ds as though they're "shots fired," when that's not necessarily the case. Internet outrage is predictable and unfortunate, as the legally-imposed silence makes community management difficult.

This is the main issue.  Closing a beloved community site is second to the fact that they did it without justifying their actions with the community.  Do they feel that they don't need to?  People are angry about this and all they need to hear is why it happened.  If FFG think they can justify their actions, they should do so.  If they don't think they can justify their actions to the community, perhaps they shouldn't have taken them.  If they thought their actions could be accepted by the community, why haven't they said anything?  I think they know they did something infuriating and they can only hope that their customers will forget that it happened..

FFG: You are a week late on explaining things.  It's damning that you haven't said anything on the issue yet.  It will look worse the longer you wait.  If you think it will blow over, I guarantee you that there are those who will ensure that it will not.