Sign in to follow this  
patox

Corporate Sector Authority?

How does everyone feel about the Corporate Sector Authority? Could this be a 4th faction? Cops and Robber style with the Scum?

There's plenty of legend around it. It was among the first Star Wars novels. It's in the comic books. It's in both West End and FFG's roleplaying. Han Solo and Chewbacca had some early adventures there.

Any thoughts?

Any corporate ships could easily be slotted into one of the existing factions. Heck, I'm pretty sure most corporations would fall under S&V. Just look at Games Workshop! :D

To be fair, even as an eager advocate of the third faction, I agree with this statement.  We have the Empire, we have the Alliance, and now we have Scum & Villany, which could easily incorporate everything else.  There's no reason for CorSec to be a faction in and of themselves, just like there's no reason for the Zann Consortium to be a faction in and of themselves.

The only reason I could see for releasing another new faction now would be if the upcoming Episode VII introduces an entirely new, never before seen faction... and even then I think we'd be more likely to see a version of the game based on Episode VII rather than an addition to the current game...

While I loved the CSA inthe EU I can see two problems with including it as a faction. The first is the limited ships to design with. The second is after the prequels it sounds too much like the Trade Federation or Banking Clans or whatever they were.

It's been a while but didn't corsec use x-wings too?

CorSec used all manner of ship including Firesprays... Corran Horn is a CorSec agent whom flew an X-Wing. Corran_Horn_X-wing.JPG

I would not lump CorSec in with the likes of the corporations, if anything they would be Imperial, due to the fact that CorSec's goals are similar to the Empire. Now all of CorSec's fleet are manufactured by Corellian Engineering Corporation so their ships will look like Rebel ships.

I am building an epic squad using a CR-90 as a center piece, it will be CorSec's Smuggling Interdiction Division.

Any corporate ships could easily be slotted into one of the existing factions. Heck, I'm pretty sure most corporations would fall under S&V. Just look at Games Workshop! :D

The CSA operated as "aligned" with the Empire's interests and their fleet is entirely comprised of Imperial looking vessels and second hand Imperial ships.

Huh, I always thought CorSec stood for Correllian Security. Never considered the alternative.

The more you know...

CorSec does stand for Correllian Security. The Corporate Sector Authority is always abbreviated CSA. Both groups are similar in that they police their area of space and are allowed to operate by the Empire. In the case of the CSA, they are portrayed as very corrupt cops who bully and abuse their power. I personally would love to see both in this game. CorSec could use repainted xwings and tie interceptors, but CSA would need their own ships. They used IRD fighters. The "cannon" comic book version is ridiculous though so they would have to make up their own version.

Huh, I always thought CorSec stood for Correllian Security. Never considered the alternative.

The more you know...

CorSec does stand for Correllian Security. The Corporate Sector Authority is always abbreviated CSA. Both groups are similar in that they police their area of space and are allowed to operate by the Empire. In the case of the CSA, they are portrayed as very corrupt cops who bully and abuse their power. I personally would love to see both in this game. CorSec could use repainted xwings and tie interceptors, but CSA would need their own ships. They used IRD fighters. The "cannon" comic book version is ridiculous though so they would have to make up their own version.

Thanks for that, off to check out the wookiee, err wiki.  Hmm, that sounds odd.

The more you know...

I always forget about the IRD stuff...

Still CSA, CorSec and other systems that had notable police forces are still smaller than the whole of either S&V, Rebel or Imperial factions. It would be nice to see notable pilot/crew/ and upgrade cards that could be used with the closest associated faction.

Save for the "Tie" line of ships; I would like to see cross faction cards/dials, like what we have for S&V, to use the KSE-31 as a Rebel ship as well or the Lambda as S&V(or Rebel) and Rebel branded ships a Imperial for emulation of "police"... Would make for some interesting three way capture the flag matches.

To add a forth faction it has to be something like the vong, do you want the vong, does anyone?

I know I will catch flak for this, but I would like a fourth faction titled "Alien Invaders"(or something like that) that would have the Vong, the Ssi-Ruk(or however they are spelled - see Truce at Bakura) the Chiss, and maybe the Tofs and Nagai. I know they are pretty obscure and will never happen, but the different Alien races mentioned all have unique tech(or lack thereof in the Vongs case) that would bring new ways to play/challenges to overcome to the game, and that would be a good thing.

The more you know...

CorSec is Corellian Security.

CSA or CorpSec is Corporate Sector Authority.

Edited by TomasB

First time the Z-95 ever appeared it was fighting IRDs  from the Authority so if for some reason they included them as a faction they would have to put out the IRD. Sadly the official IRD is a stinking pile off poodah