Sign in to follow this  
Joe Boss Red Seven

One Good Reason: Why You Love X-Wing.

It's the sort of game that you really lose yourself in: you forget you're playing with plastic ships, cardboard templates and fiddling around with dice and cards. Every loss and victory feels significant, every stage of planning and working with your ships feels important, and I enjoy spending time with my opponents. Bottom line is the game is an absolute blast to play, and even when I lose badly I have fun and learn something. This game with its community is one of the best things to happen to me in years.

I love that I actually feel a part of the Star Wars universe while playing. It's a very cinematic game, and actually flying these pilots and these ships makes me feel a part of the universe. I've played many Star Wars games over the past decades, and this is the game that has felt the most like I'm experiencing Star Wars.

Jacob

Ever since I had the old Micro Machine ships I wanted to play a table top game with them.  I even figured a version myself when I was teenager with a big sewing pattern grid my mother had and paper cutouts for larger capital ships and using dice to attack with and SWCCG cards to track hit points.  It took forever to play and was far from balanced and was completely lacking in nuance.  

This game fills that desire PERFECTLY and does it so well as to be lacking nothing.   

Ever since I had the old Micro Machine ships I wanted to play a table top game with them.  I even figured a version myself when I was teenager with a big sewing pattern grid my mother had and paper cutouts for larger capital ships and using dice to attack with and SWCCG cards to track hit points.  It took forever to play and was far from balanced and was completely lacking in nuance.  

This game fills that desire PERFECTLY and does it so well as to be lacking nothing.   

I did that too Doc-Z. I used AD&D rules and the whole AC and HP thing with Dragon Dice. I had STAR WARS and STAR TREK Micro Machines toys in the dozens back then and my best friends and I had great battles... in both universes.

^_^