Sign in to follow this  
patox

Totally-ON TOPIC: That new "Rebels" TV series is looking so AWESOME it stokes me to think we'll be getting ships from it

After binging on every episode of the Clone Wars and hearing the video updates from the showrunner of both Clone Wars and Rebels, Dave Filoni, this show is going to be a Bantha-truckload of fun.

It's time to wash away the horrible-ness of the prequels and bring back the swashbuckling, kick-azzing of the original trilogy.

The show is going to be great. The ships are going to be cool. And we've already been told we're going to get a ship or more from the miniatures game.

Here's to a great run for Sabine, Chopper, Ezra, Kana, Hera and Zeb.

After binging on every episode of the Clone Wars and hearing the video updates from the showrunner of both Clone Wars and Rebels, Dave Filoni, this show is going to be a Bantha-truckload of fun.

It's time to wash away the horrible-ness of the prequels and bring back the swashbuckling, kick-azzing of the original trilogy.

The show is going to be great. The ships are going to be cool. And we've already been told we're going to get a ship or more from the miniatures game.

Yup, I'm optimistic in regards to quality, and excited about the possibility of a Gozanti huge miniature. I would like to see some characters make it to the game, mostly because I'm interested to see the characters portrayed in the art style of the game.

A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope. Words cannot describe how much I loathe what I've seen of the show.

BUT to each his own. If this is what'll keep Star Wars alive, then so be it. As long as someone's enjoying it, I'll be happy.

A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope. Words cannot describe how much I loathe what I've seen of the show.

BUT to each his own. If this is what'll keep Star Wars alive, then so be it. As long as someone's enjoying it, I'll be happy.

Interesting logic you have there. You hope it fails ("A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope") contradicted by your very next sentence where you're happy that it will continue with people enjoying the show. Color me confused.

Edited by zathras23

A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope. Words cannot describe how much I loathe what I've seen of the show.BUT to each his own. If this is what'll keep Star Wars alive, then so be it. As long as someone's enjoying it, I'll be happy.
Interesting logic you have there. You hope it fails ("A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope") contradicted by your very next sentence. Color me confused.

I hope that whatever happens to the show brings Star Wars back to where it should be. IMO, this show doesn't do this, and should be eliminated. However, my opinion is just that: an opinion. If it is wrong and this is what Star Wars needs to rejuvenate itself, then my opinion was wrong. Whatever happens is irrelevant as long as Star Wars stays alive. Doesn't stop me from voicing my own thoughts about it all though.

Does that make more sense?

The show looks great to me.  I love the bits I have seen.  It's fun that they are going back to Ralph McQuarrie designs for art inspiration. It just feels right. I'm very stoked. The TIE Advanced the Inquisitor has, new, different, but still feels very connected to what will come later. That's doing it right.

I love that they killed off the EU. I was frustrated at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was a nice fresh start and we get to learn all about the story line anew. We know NOTHING. That's fun and exciting.

have to say I liked clone wars, but rebels looks awesome weird for a mandolorian to b with a jedi but gotta love the empire n the original trilogy stuff, to all those haters if ya don't like don't watch those of us who do watch will enjoy it all he more :)

A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope. Words cannot describe how much I loathe what I've seen of the show.BUT to each his own. If this is what'll keep Star Wars alive, then so be it. As long as someone's enjoying it, I'll be happy.
Interesting logic you have there. You hope it fails ("A great run into the side of a brick wall I hope") contradicted by your very next sentence. Color me confused.

I hope that whatever happens to the show brings Star Wars back to where it should be. IMO, this show doesn't do this, and should be eliminated. However, my opinion is just that: an opinion. If it is wrong and this is what Star Wars needs to rejuvenate itself, then my opinion was wrong. Whatever happens is irrelevant as long as Star Wars stays alive. Doesn't stop me from voicing my own thoughts about it all though.

Does that make more sense?

A bit. Your post just looked contradictory at first glance.

Have you seen any interviews with the people making the show? They have said that the show is an homage to the original movie and Ralph McQuarrie. From the looks of what I've seen so far, they've done a good job and I'm looking forward to October 3rd when the Star Wars Rebels movie airs on Disney XD.

Edited by zathras23

Yup, I'm optimistic in regards to quality, and excited about the possibility of a Gozanti huge miniature. I would like to see some characters make it to the game, mostly because I'm interested to see the characters portrayed in the art style of the game.

The FFG CEO, Christian Peterson, spoke about that at 2014 In Flight Repoort at GenCon:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/114870-no-prequel-ships-settled/

Your attitude about this show should be shared by anyone else who dislikes it. Mad respect homie.

I've got mixed emotions on this one. There are some elements I like, and a couple I dislike... overall, I hope it breathes new life I to the franchise, it can only bring good things the this game we love. I also hope it brings In new fans to The Star Wars universe.

I'm hopeful the show is a good one, but we shall have to wait the month or so to find out how it really gets taken.. good or bad.. it's new and different..

Yeah, I just...no.  I can't take this one.  It looks bad - I really *hate* seeing all these non-Jedi characters jumping around like fleas.

I wouldn't really call that jumping like a flea. Remember that the kid is force sensitive and is using it much like Spiderman's danger sense power to dodge the shots.

Yeah, I just...no.  I can't take this one.  It looks bad - I really *hate* seeing all these non-Jedi characters jumping around like fleas.

I wouldn't really call that jumping like a flea. Remember that the kid is force sensitive and is using it much like Spiderman's danger sense power to dodge the shots.

He'd of been dead from being that close to the explosion due to the shock wave and then dead again from the heat its a cannon not a blaster, his dodging would be irrelevant, and that energy sling shot is stupid.

I love how there is a thread on the front page specifically designated to hate this show, and yet people still want to post in here just to nitpick and argue.   :rolleyes:

I love how we had a hate thread and people went in there to make positive comments even though that wasn't the point :D

I think the disparity comes from a number of us who saw the OT back in the day which had people behaving in accordance with normal human limitations with the occasional exception (Luke leaping from the carbonite chamber, jumping after Vader chops off his hand), etc...

Then there were the prequels which had people leaping to and fro haphazardly, movements were more exaggerated and outside normal limitations, and I won't even get into Yoda fighting...

Yes, I understand, the period was supposed to highlight the Jedi and their near-superhuman abilities, and whatnot, but it was nice (for some of us) when people were more human and less superhero.

But what the hell do I know.

-Cal

PS: I'm cautiously optimistic about Rebels and am looking for nothing more then 45min of entertainment with which I can turn off my brain for a short period. And yes, the Ghost kicks ass and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor rocks.

I expect this will be with Dr who on the things I see on demand. I like the shorts I have seen and the acrobatics dying bother me. The thing that bothers me is the height of the bridge pylon on the star destroyers. That is not cool.