Sign in to follow this  
SavagePanda

New character concept I would like to play

So , after reading Far Horizons I have come up with an idea on a character I want to play or have as an NPC. He would be an Arconan colonist/entertainer "shock boxer" with a salt addiction. I would be using Shock boxing as his form of entertainment as he travels to frontier towns to earn money. Or he could be stationed in a single town attracting others for the fights to put on shows. Background wise he could be ex-military. and his manager would be a Drall Quartermaster, a shady little guy who doubles as an infopchant.

Advice or ideas to add?

This character concept is probably better off as an Enforcer, one of the specs from Dangerous Covenants, the hired gun book.

-Brawl as a career skill (which Performer doesn't get)

-Enough Coercion to "talk" your way out of things if needed

-Works well with your Quartermaster buddy (assuming he's a player), in that the Loom talent will assist in his shady negotiations.

-Streetwise and Knowledge (Underworld) to help in investigations, as well as Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk to get more out of those skills.

Performer as a main specialization doesn't offer you much that you couldn't get by taking it as a secondary one down the line, unless you've got a really good reason this guy would be so well-rounded in his knowledge skills, or they're somehow central to his character.

That's my recommendation: Take Hired Gun-Enforcer as a main specialization, and dip into Performer later for the perks it offers.

Hired Gun-Marauder is less socially-inclined, but it is entirely about melee combat using either Melee or Brawl.  If you want to focus on a shockboxer's actual shockboxing skills, Marauder might be the spec for you.  Discipline can be useful for avoiding opponent's rope-a-dope maneuvers and shady promoters' attempts to get him to throw a match, Resilience for recovering from matches, and Coercion for being a legbreaker if he takes that on as a side job.