Sign in to follow this  
Gadge

REPAINTS, CONVERSIONS & SCRATCH BUILD THREAD

Magnets! I figured out how they work!

Empire01.jpg

Rebels04.jpg

You know what's ALWAYS bugged me? The quads on the underside of the Falcon being mounted backwards. If they were just POINTED backwards, that would have been fine, but since the gunner is supposed to be sitting in the window, aiming more or less straight down the barrels, I always hated how they had to be mounted to accommodate the factory peg. So with a little careful prying and cutting and gluing, I reattached the lower quads the right way and I'm MUCH happier with it. :)

Other.jpg

I made a whole thread about them here

Magnets! I figured out how they work!

Empire01.jpg

Rebels04.jpg

You know what's ALWAYS bugged me? The quads on the underside of the Falcon being mounted backwards. If they were just POINTED backwards, that would have been fine, but since the gunner is supposed to be sitting in the window, aiming more or less straight down the barrels, I always hated how they had to be mounted to accommodate the factory peg. So with a little careful prying and cutting and gluing, I reattached the lower quads the right way and I'm MUCH happier with it. :)

Other.jpg

I made a whole thread about them here

My magnets should be arriving anytime now today!! I am excited for making the conversions as soon as they are here - I have B-Wing's just waiting.  

Here is my first repainted ship. I got the YT-2400 last week. One part of the model was unpainted, so it motivated me to try and repaint it. I went with a paint chipping method I've learned with my scale model kits (I'm a big WW2 tanks and airplane enthusiast). It is maybe a little to subtle, but will definitely do it again on another YT-2400 or on a YT-1300. 

Zv2gUbq.jpg

deIQ3M8.jpg

Here is my first repainted ship. I got the YT-2400 last week. One part of the model was unpainted, so it motivated me to try and repaint it. I went with a paint chipping method I've learned with my scale model kits (I'm a big WW2 tanks and airplane enthusiast). It is maybe a little to subtle, but will definitely do it again on another YT-2400 or on a YT-1300. 

Zv2gUbq.jpg

deIQ3M8.jpg

If that's your first Star Wars repaint then not bad. Welcome to the club, mate!