Sign in to follow this  
patox

Want to share your Star Wars Shapeways?

Those ships look lovely Mel. Is the Nebulon the same as the painted one a page back? or is it the bigger 2 part version?

The same as the painted version. 1/608 scale.

I would like to see some "reasonable" stats for the wonderful stuff that is offered over shapeways.

Sure, you can find them in this pdf:

http://www.albertomelchorruizanton.net/mel_miniatures/melminiatures14.04.29a.pdf

And huge ships here:

http://www.albertomelchorruizanton.net/mel_miniatures/pdf/Huge_ships2.pdf

Some of those cards are a bit old and dull. I have plans of redoing many to make them more interesting and to have more pilots. But for now they work very well and have reasonable stats/points.

Since the Lambda is something more like an AWACs aircraft in the game, I wanted a smaller variant to use in friendly games to easily represent it being more of a personal transport for an Imperial agent and/or Mara Jade - I settled on the Theta-Shuttle from Revenge of the Sith as it is smaller and readily avalible on Shapeways.

th_20140917_101413_zpscc4f1c8e.jpg    th_20140917_101451_zps90b396f6.jpg

th_20140917_101440_zps06654313.jpg    th_20140917_101419_zpsf8cc05b1.jpg
The Lighting conditions at my hobby table are bad, so no good close ups and heavy use of camera flash.

I wanted it look more used than average Imperial craft, show-chasing it being a personal and not a military craft with a degree of age. And my lack of skill came in handy for once.

Edited by 0rph3u5

And i know it is on the list of ships that FFG makes and therefore not for sale. But i was pleased with the way this came out. It is less spindly than the FFG one but i like it better that way but as we know aesthetics are a personal thing.

TIEDefender_zps5c711e14.jpg

Closet thing i have is this one which is based more closely on the Han Solo at Stars End Z-95 thtn the prototype X Wing version. I left it available since it is quite a bit  different than the FFG one

z95multi_zps7a29283d.jpg

Holy cow I love that Z95s. If the wings split that would be a bad ass next gen xwing. 

\

Is it the 3D printing that causes the bobles on the models or does the material matter?

do you mean the surface texture? the material makes a big difference in the smaller ships as far as surface detail and smoothness. not as much as far as the big ships go but that depends on whether they are made with the process in mind.

DigitalChicanery-I tend to agree that TIE Droids are a bit daft i probably wouldnt have made them myself but requests are requests. I am pleased with how they came out though.

Oneway- I would like to sell them as well as my Phantom  etc but it was just bad timing finishing them and releasing them just 2 days before FFG made the \announcement that they were doing them *L*
Cryix.-Glad you like it