Sign in to follow this  
Julia

Questions for the next FAQ - please post here

I've read about this issue in another topic, but I still don't quite understand how it works. The Deep One Attack! Cthulhu Mystery says it spawns Eldritch Tokens equal to number of investigators and then those have to be solved as encounters. Ok, no problem there. Then you use specifically those ET to resolve the encounters and put them on the Mystery card. But the next paragraph says that you don't discard any Eldritch Tokens. To which tokens are they refering to that do not get discarded? If you have 5 players, you'll spawn 5 tokens and then use them to put them on the card. If you don't discard them, you can just stay on the same space and fight Deep Ones, which makes the mystery a bit easier. I'm really confused.

Read the Cthulthu's sheet. During the reckoning he also may spawn eldritch tokens.

Normally when you finish a mystery you discard everything that was created by it. Like eldritch tokens, for example.

But there is no difference between the eldritch tokens spawned by the Mystery and by the Cthulhu himself.

If this mystery puts three tokens on the board, you need to remove three tokens to complete it. Not necesarrily the three tokens that were put there by the mystery.

The rest of the tokens remain on the board. Not necessarily the ones that were put there by Cthulhu's reckoning.

Edited by tsuma534

Could I use the adventure cards every game as a way to drop difficulty?

Yes, just use the prelude in every game.

Maybe you meant to ask "Could I use the adventure cards every game, but without the prelude that calls for them, as a way to drop difficulty?"

In terms of official rules: No. You use the components when the game tells you to do so.

Although you're free to use anything, anytime you like, as a houserule.

Edited by tsuma534

Could I use the adventure cards every game as a way to drop difficulty?

Yes, just use the prelude in every game.

Maybe you meant to ask "Could I use the adventure cards every game, but without the prelude that calls for them, as a way to drop difficulty?"

In terms of official rules: No. You use the components when the game tells you to do so.

Although you're free to use anything, anytime you like, as a houserule.

Exactly that thanks , I don't win a lot but I like to stay within the official rules because I can see myself in the future with the houserule- if you open the box you defeat the AO

I've read about this issue in another topic, but I still don't quite understand how it works. The Deep One Attack! Cthulhu Mystery says it spawns Eldritch Tokens equal to number of investigators and then those have to be solved as encounters. Ok, no problem there. Then you use specifically those ET to resolve the encounters and put them on the Mystery card. But the next paragraph says that you don't discard any Eldritch Tokens. To which tokens are they refering to that do not get discarded? If you have 5 players, you'll spawn 5 tokens and then use them to put them on the card. If you don't discard them, you can just stay on the same space and fight Deep Ones, which makes the mystery a bit easier. I'm really confused.

Read the Cthulthu's sheet. During the reckoning he also may spawn eldritch tokens.

Normally when you finish a mystery you discard everything that was created by it. Like eldritch tokens, for example.

But there is no difference between the eldritch tokens spawned by the Mystery and by the Cthulhu himself.

If this mystery puts three tokens on the board, you need to remove three tokens to complete it. Not necesarrily the three tokens that were put there by the mystery.

The rest of the tokens remain on the board. Not necessarily the ones that were put there by Cthulhu's reckoning.

Yeah, I'm aware of the Cthulhu's reckoning, that wasn't the issue. The problem was whether the Eldritch Token gets removed from the board when you resolve the Deep One ambush. It was our understanding that you don't because the card says that Eldritch Tokens don't get removed from the board, which meant if you resolve the encounter you could just stay in the same place and do it again the next turn.

So, I guess that was a mistake, but in the end it wouldn't have changed much...

@Obihobit

The three paragraphs on the "The Deep Ones Attack!" are completely independent of each other.

But let's assume for a moment that the whole text is merged into a single paragraph. The mystery still says "he may spend 1 clue to place that Eldritch token on this card". As the card doesn't instruct you to discard the token, the "Do not discard" part still doesn't interact with it.

Edited by tsuma534

For the mystery, Rise of the Ancient World from Strange Remnants, It states that after you flip a relic unique asset, you discard it to put an Eldritch token on this mystery.

Do you still get the effects of these relics, or is the cost for the mystery(assuming you want to use it for the mystery) happen before flip effects are resolved?

For the mystery, Rise of the Ancient World from Strange Remnants, It states that after you flip a relic unique asset, you discard it to put an Eldritch token on this mystery.

Do you still get the effects of these relics, or is the cost for the mystery(assuming you want to use it for the mystery) happen before flip effects are resolved?

Before posting a question for the next FAQ, it might be wise to check the current FAQ first.

f0J9GLU.png

This a part of the Strange Remants FAQ.

Before posting a question for the next FAQ, it might be wise to check the current FAQ first.

f0J9GLU.png

This a part of the Strange Remants FAQ.

Yep. This thread was opened far before the actual FAQ was released