Sign in to follow this  
SavagePanda

Rebellion Day [GMS]

As of yet there is no compiled list of stores holding Rebellion Day, and I think it is time we started one. you know since there isn't one yet.

It is simple list your store like this

Name

City

State or Geographical region

and if possible a link to the stores website for further information

and any other game related info.

SP

Edited by SavagePanda

I'm looking for places near Sacramento, CA. that will be hosting. I called a couple of the places by me (A1 comics and Great Escape games) but neither of them even heard of rebellion day and that was after deadline for them to apply. Anyone who has an word on places in the area it would be appreciated if you posted here.

Olympic Cards & Comics

Lacey, Washington

http://www.olympiccardsandcomics.com/

No solid info on game times yet, but there should be at least two sessions. I'm going to shoot for an early afternoon slot. 

Facebook event is up here https://www.facebook.com/events/1524402591130337/

HappyDaze and I are running simultaneous games at 2pm. Get in there!

Assuming my FLGS gets it in time...(they have ordered it, but our distributor, Esvidium Games is unsure if we'll get it in time for Rebellion Day)

Athena Games

Norwich

England

10:00am to 5:00pm (lunch break at 1:00pm).

Assuming my FLGS gets it in time...(they have ordered it, but our distributor, Esvidium Games is unsure if we'll get it in time for Rebellion Day)

Athena Games

Norwich

England

10:00am to 5:00pm (lunch break at 1:00pm).

You should just run it whenever you can. Make your own Rebellion Day! It reads like an excellent adventure, definitely worth playing.

I'm looking for places near Sacramento, CA. that will be hosting. I called a couple of the places by me (A1 comics and Great Escape games) but neither of them even heard of rebellion day and that was after deadline for them to apply. Anyone who has an word on places in the area it would be appreciated if you posted here.

From what I have been able to gather this is the closest to you.

Gamescape North

San Rafel (SF North Bay), CA

http://www.gamescape-north.com/

12 Noon

Here's a few in my neck of the woods (SF East Bay).  Unfortunately, my regular FLGS, Black Diamond Games in Concord, isn't running it :(

Gamescape SF

333 Divisadero Street

San Francisco, CA

1pm-2pm (assume you need to pre-register)

Gator Games

4212 Olympic Ave 

San Mateo, CA (near El Camino Real)

3pm (looks like first come - first serve)

(The owner is an old friend of mine, btw, from my BBS days in the 1980's)

Endgame

2154 University Ave

Berkeley, CA

11am - 6pm (pre-registration is filled up, so there's a waiting list)

Looks like a list has finally been posted:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=144#US 

Kinda sad as I just relocated from IL. and the MO. location "Fantasy Shop" was only a 45 minute drive from me. According to Google Maps the closest place(s) to me are all about an hour and a half to a two hour drive.

I enjoy the game I really do, but I don't see myself getting up early to drive 2 hours somewhere and for a few hours of play and 2 hours back again. Not to mention the gas mileage my truck wouldn't get, <_<  If that was my only option or something I did regularly I would consider it. But right now with no job due to relocation, I don't have that luxury.  :( 

I really think a ball was dropped here. Whether if was Fantasy Flight Games failing to communicate to retailers, not having enough kits, or retailers not running the event. I just don't see how the Sacramento area DOESN'T have a single participating retailer.

Regardless, I have a sad / disappoint.  :angry:

Edited by Sgt Engee

I'm amazed there's so few games being run in California in general, and equally amazed that most of them are near me here in the Bay Area. Normally, LA is where the action is, but they just have one store in Fullerton (and that's in Orange County, not LA).

Sarge, if you've just arrived, Martinez is maybe an hour and 15 minutes at the most from you, depending on where in Sacto you live.  They don't have a working calendar and I've never heard of them before (which is odd; Martinez is fairly local to me), so I'm going to call them up tomorrow and see when the game is scheduled.  If they seem flaky, then it's off to Gator Games (which is in San Mateo, not Hayward).

Well, assuming the wife agrees :D

I want to mention that there shouldn't be a game in Ashland, but actually in Eugene, like I said earlier in this post. Minor flub.

Yeah, they did the same thing for the store I'm planning to run it for. They listed the Fantasy Shop in Florissant as being in St. Charles.

Edit: There's also a Fantasy Shop in St. Charles that is participating. Not sure who is running the game for that store, though.

Edited by Yoshiyahu

Question, how do these kits work?

I was supposed to GM the kit.  The store told me they tired but couldn't get one.  Then the store ended up getting one.  Now I"m not free to GM on the 13th.  How strict is Fantasy Flight about enforcing the date of the 13th?  I could do the event 2 weeks later, so right now the store owner is looking into it.  If not I'm also working on finding a back up GM.