Sign in to follow this  
melminiatures

Custom Empire Crew Cards

Empire Crew Cards for huge ships (since there are no Empire Huge Ships, this are for Custom Empire Huge Ships :D)

pic2077802_md.jpg
I did this one because Thrawn was known for having his subordinates happy. He beleived in positive reinforcement more than fear. Thats why I think the fighters around him should be fearless and more inclined to be able to do actions in tense situations.

pic2077800_md.jpg
This one had two reasons. The first is the difference between Red Leader's attack to the Death Star and Luke's. The Red Leader was stressed out and couldnt do a critical hit while Luke could because he was calm. That, and because Tarking believed that he could use fear to control his enemies.

pic2077791_md.jpg
Having a little fun with the guy that "Overestimated their chances". Similar to C3PO but I think is more interesting. Is harder to guess the amount of damage you are going to suffer because every ship throws a different amount of dice. There is no easy combo like C3PO+Falcon. Harder to guess, but double the price.

pic2077803_md.jpg
Needa was in charge of not losing the Falcon through the Asteroid Field. I also thought of doing something similar to Biggs but in Huge Ships Sections (because he accepts all the damage), but I liked this idea better. Besides getting discarded is similar to dying :)

pic2079048_md.jpg
This was done to fit the scene where the Executor is destroyed in Return of the Jedi. After they loose the shields on the bridge he asks to Intesify forward fire power.

pic2077797_md.jpg
Directly from wookieepedia: Pellaeon was a meticulous and efficient commander and expected the very best of his subordinates, and his ships were exceptionally efficient.

pic2077794_md.jpg
I know this one is set to appear in Wave 5, but "We shall double our efforts" was too easy to let go.

pic2077793_md.jpg
The interrogation droid. This one is tricky because it NEEDS the rebel captive. Thats why I reduced the squad points for such a great ability. I thought spending 6 points + 2 crew slots for its ability + the rebel captive was a good bargain. Just imagine them together inside a Lambda Shuttle and revealing you the movement dial of an enemy ship every turn.

pic2077792_md.jpg
Daala was bloodthirsty and enjoyed killing enemies in battle.

pic2077801_md.jpg
On the other hand Teshik was better when he was in inferirity. I thought of doing something with the squad points during the match, but that would mean you would have to do constant re-counts of squad points to know if he could use his ability.

pic2077795_md.jpg
Lemelisk was the guy who designed the Death Star. I knew his ability had to be something technical.

pic2077799_md.jpg
Pretty much Rieekan's ability reversed. The reason for it to be more expensive is because it is not Unique.

Here is the printable PDF
www.albertomelchorruizanton.net/mel_miniatures/pdf/empire_crew.pdf

Where is Admiral Ozzel?

Admiral Ozzel

(Huge Ship Only) (Imperial Only)

After you perform an attack that fails to hit, you may discard this card to perform the same attack again for free.

{Crew}                 Point cost (2)

Edited by Marinealver

I love it.

But a number of those are already crew cards with the Decimator.

I think im only repeating Jerjerrod, but it was too easy not to do him. The fact that the decimator lacks crew members like Ozzel, Needa, Piett, Thrawn.... gives me hope that FFG is keeping them for an imperial huge ship.

Wouldnt that Ozzel be a cheap version of the Gunner? I think someone would prefer to pay 3 more points to be able to use him more than once

I think im only repeating Jerjerrod, but it was too easy not to do him. The fact that the decimator lacks crew members like Ozzel, Needa, Piett, Thrawn.... gives me hope that FFG is keeping them for an imperial huge ship.

Um... I must be demented. I thought that I had seen a Natasi Daala card somewhere, but it must have been a fanbrew that lodged itself to the wrong partition in my brain. Sorry.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Where is Admiral Ozzel?

Admiral Ozzel

(Huge Ship Only) (Imperial Only)

After you perform an attack that fails to hit, you may discard this card to perform the same attack again for free.

{Crew}                 Point cost (2)

I love it.

Wouldnt that Ozzel be a cheap version of the Gunner? I think someone would prefer to pay 3 more points to be able to use him more than once

Maybe 1 point then. However I can just Imagine everyone quoting Darth Vader's famous line when using him.

" You have failed me for the last time, Admiral"

How about this?

pic2225876_md.jpg

Basically it would be a bet that you will have so much bad luck that you will be able to get a good crewmember for just 1 point.

Even if you try to miss on purpose (like shooting an A-Wing with stealth device at range 5 with an asteroid in the way) you still may succeed. Huge ships have 3 attack dice and usually carry hardpoints, so it is hard to intentinally fail twice in a row. Would you risk shooting at poor targets just to get a good crewmember cheap?

I think he works as a safety measure, or when you have reached a maximum of points.

Bytheway, this whole Custom Empire Crew Cards was done for this:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/120916-hey-star-destroyer-fans/?p=1242804